“Avoid Room 503 - The Handicap Unit”

Centre Point Pratunam Hotel
Ranked #149 of 890 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed November 26, 2012

I had the misfortune of staying in Room 503 from 22/11/12 to 26/11/12 - which completely spoilt my holiday mood starting from day one. To me personally, it truly had been a torturous stay which keep me on the edge all the time!

Right from the start - a series of persistent malfunctioning/non functioning facilities occurred almost on a daily basis to 'remind' us why the the handicap signboard is placed prominently at the door entrance:

1) I guess due to the fact that the room is structurally customised for the handicapped - the bathtub has been removed with only the shower available for usage. Which was actually fine with me - since I do not like to 'frolic' in the water. But by taking away the bathtub which actually serves to collect and drain away the water- our bathing time became a 'painful' ritual of placing towers/clothes ailing the side of the shower section and the bathroom door to soak up the water which never fails to overflow all the way to the bedroom/kitchenette flooring.

2) And this was the most 'horrifying' part for me - the 'nightmarish' toilet bowl which always has difficulties in flashing away your 'waste' down under!!!! Almost every morning or night, we need the maintenance guy to work on it - but after a few flushes, it would get clogged up again and again. I still flinched when I remembered my 'stuff' floating round and round and threatening to overflow.

3) No coffee or tea bags were provided

4) No bedroom slippers

5) No toothbrushes/tooth paste and the like

6) Weak WiFi

7) Cabinet's light was out after one night

Even though the room was pretty clean and the maintenance staff are friendly- I shall never ever step into the hotel again.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
apicha s, Resident Manager at Centre Point Pratunam Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 7, 2012

Dear Firehorse77,

First of all please accept our greatly apologize for you were given the handicap room due to the room had fully booked at that time and the front desk staff did not informing you and we're sorry for that.However,they had been informed that they should inform to the guest and they took good note of your constructive remarks and will make sure it does not happen again and thank you very much for your valuable comments which almost of them had been solved and some of them will be considered.
We view all our guests as special and valuable and hope that you will give us another opportunity to make you welcome at Centre Point Petchburi15.

Apicha Suksamosorn

Write a ReviewReviews (1,402)

Reviewed November 24, 2012

It's my 1st time to stay at Centre Point. The location is excellent. Platinum Fashion Mall is just 5 mins away and Pantip Plaza is right across the street. Plus, spa establishments are lined up right outside the hotel. I got a massage almost everyday! Breakfast spread is great. A lot of asian and american dishes to choose from. Rooms are spacious. I bet the standard room can fit 2 extra beds and you still have room to do cartwheels! The only downside is that, with all the renovations done, they seem to have forgotten to update the important items. Towels, despite being newly washed, were frayed and looked like they've experienced a thousand washings. Bathroom curtains look like they have not been changed for quite some time. There were black spots on the curtains. I was careful not to touch them or else I'd be scrubbing myself all over again. Although there is a coffee maker in the room, there is no complimentary coffee (hah!). And finally, I think they need to do a performance evaluation on their bell boys (only! everybody else was great). Some of them are really rude. On my last day, I gave a bellhop THB50 for doing nothing (since it was our driver and myself who loaded the bags in the van) and he had the gall to complain to his pals in front of me! Native tongue or not, I can tell if it's a nasty remark or not.

Room Tip: get a room on a higher floor. try to be at the breakfast area early as the tables fill up fast and s...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family

Dear KDG-10

I would like to thank you for your detailed feedback. The items that you mentioned will be solved in shortly and please note that we have provided complimentary coffee and tea at the lobby and we're sorry that the bell boy had made you disappointment and they had been informed that they have to improve their behavior and attitude including their customer service skills. However,I will put more effort to improve our services in order to meet customer satisfaction and the internal re-training has been done.
I am however please to hear that you have found almost of staffs pleasant. We look forward to your next stay.

Reviewed November 19, 2012 via mobile

They should improve the wifi connection as more n more are using smart phone or note book while travelling. The room was better equiped a few years back. The best part is both main n side entrance are good. There are lot of shop offering massage n lot of street vendors selling clothing food enz......
Ten minute walk to Centre World n five minute to Fashion shopping.

• Stayed: November 2012
apicha s, Resident Manager at Centre Point Pratunam Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 22, 2012

Dear Nelson T,
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. I am glade to know that you like our hotel,especially for the room and the main&side entrance are good for you and I am sorry that our wifi connection did not meet your expectations and we will look into solve it and provide a better quality of signal.
I hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel soon.

Reviewed November 19, 2012

this is my 3rd time staying in this hotel but it seem like some stuff is gone.. like dvd player~ which last time it has it in the hotel room.
Security in this hotel is good~ location is great, near shopping mall and the road side food stall is great also.
hotel room is clean and good. pool is abit too small for swimming but good for kids to play.
overall had a great stay at the hotel.

Room Tip: get higher level is better but lift is abit too low.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends

Dear icly,

Indeed some stuff is gone like DVD player which their own reason. I am however pleased to hear that you have found security staff is good. Please note that the guest can request DVD player upon check-in and thank you very much for sharing your comment.
We very much look forward to your 4th stay with us in the near future.

Reviewed November 17, 2012

I am not so sure about the price as this was a company trip. This place gives off more of a cosy & homely vibe. Not so hotel-like.

Room is spacious & kitchen seems well-equipped. Bed was okay.

Location is quite good & close to many shopping malls. The Platinum shopping mall is less then 10 mins walk away. The street leading up to the hotel is lined with massage shops.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business

Dear pingishere,

It is a pleasure to hear that our hotel made you feel cozy&homely. I am very much appreciated for that and thank you for pointing this out on Tripadvisor.
We look forward to welcoming you back as well as yours friends

Reviewed October 27, 2012 via mobile

Always choose this service apt/ hotel during my multiple trips to bkk over d past 5 yrs. Can't find any major fault w/ d place n was even quite surprise that staff r even more friendly during my most recent stay in Oct 2012 as compared to previous visits. Keep it up! Fantastic location w/ a 10-20 mins walk max to all major shoppg malls like Siam Paragon area, Mbk n not forgettg it is right smack in d pratunam area! Skytrain stns too.
However, there r a couple of issues n requests that the management should look into- 1- wifi disruptions occurg abt 2-3 times a day. 2- gym can do w/ a little
refurbishg. Dumbbell wgts should go up to 30 kg (if u r providing a gym w/ wgts traing equipment, trust me that d "serious fitness buffs" who utilizes them can handle that wgt efficiently n there's no real pt in havg the 1-3kg dumbbell.)
3-considerg furbishing the rooms w/ d dvd players again? Was quite disappointed that none was found in my room n judging fr d outdated dvd titles at d gym, I suppose d dvd rentals were in a way discouraged abt nearly a yr.
4- airconditiong temp in my most recent stay inconsistient w/ d dial adjuster at times, esp when switchg on again after been switched off when out of room.
5- electrical wall sockets outlets were loose at 2-3 points and that always seems to be d case in most rooms I stayed in. A rectification will be appreciated :)
The above r just some suggestions fr a returng guest that will prob keep u ahead of ur competitors n gettg a 5/5!

apicha s, Resident Manager at Centre Point Pratunam Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2012

Dear Lee S,
I am so thrilled to read that you had exceptional stay and I'm so please that the service and attention to detail from our team had been delivered to the guest.We always endeavor to provice memorable moment for our guest and constantly strive to raise our services and standards. Thank you for giving us the opportunity to be at your service. Your valuable suggestions will be solved and considered and please note that for DVD player,the guest can request upon check-in. I will be sharing your kind comments with my team about their service and I know how please everyone will be to hear that their effort to deliver and exceptional experience have been appreciated.

Reviewed October 27, 2012

So central and really nice big rooms .fab breakfasts and well priced .Not well placed if you a tourist only as very busy .would like to see the bathrooms cleaner as black fungus in the bath area.otherwise we are very happy .also nice pool and gym .

Room Tip: Al rooms are great
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business

Dear ivivi,
I was so pleased to read your feedback and thank you very much for your comments. I was so glad that you were happy while staying with us. As you mentioned the black fungus, I had informed to the Housekeeper to play more attention in this area and some kind of this should not take place again. I look forward to welcoming you on your next visit to Bangkok.