“A bit outdated, but you can't beat the location”

Centre Point Pratunam Hotel
Ranked #146 of 863 Hotels in Bangkok
Manila, Philippines
“A bit outdated, but you can't beat the location”
Reviewed November 24, 2012

It's my 1st time to stay at Centre Point. The location is excellent. Platinum Fashion Mall is just 5 mins away and Pantip Plaza is right across the street. Plus, spa establishments are lined up right outside the hotel. I got a massage almost everyday! Breakfast spread is great. A lot of asian and american dishes to choose from. Rooms are spacious. I bet the standard room can fit 2 extra beds and you still have room to do cartwheels! The only downside is that, with all the renovations done, they seem to have forgotten to update the important items. Towels, despite being newly washed, were frayed and looked like they've experienced a thousand washings. Bathroom curtains look like they have not been changed for quite some time. There were black spots on the curtains. I was careful not to touch them or else I'd be scrubbing myself all over again. Although there is a coffee maker in the room, there is no complimentary coffee (hah!). And finally, I think they need to do a performance evaluation on their bell boys (only! everybody else was great). Some of them are really rude. On my last day, I gave a bellhop THB50 for doing nothing (since it was our driver and myself who loaded the bags in the van) and he had the gall to complain to his pals in front of me! Native tongue or not, I can tell if it's a nasty remark or not.

Room Tip: get a room on a higher floor. try to be at the breakfast area early as the tables fill up fast and s...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
apicha s, Resident Manager at Centre Point Pratunam Hotel, responded to this review, December 7, 2012
Dear KDG-10

I would like to thank you for your detailed feedback. The items that you mentioned will be solved in shortly and please note that we have provided complimentary coffee and tea at the lobby and we're sorry that the bell boy had made you disappointment and they had been informed that they have to improve their behavior and attitude including their customer service skills. However,I will put more effort to improve our services in order to meet customer satisfaction and the internal re-training has been done.
I am however please to hear that you have found almost of staffs pleasant. We look forward to your next stay.

Apicha Suksamosorn

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (238)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed November 19, 2012 via mobile

They should improve the wifi connection as more n more are using smart phone or note book while travelling. The room was better equiped a few years back. The best part is both main n side entrance are good. There are lot of shop offering massage n lot of street vendors selling clothing food enz......
Ten minute walk to Centre World n five minute to Fashion shopping.

• Stayed November 2012
apicha s, Resident Manager at Centre Point Pratunam Hotel, responded to this review, November 22, 2012
Dear Nelson T,
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. I am glade to know that you like our hotel,especially for the room and the main&side entrance are good for you and I am sorry that our wifi connection did not meet your expectations and we will look into solve it and provide a better quality of signal.
I hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel soon.

singapore
Reviewed November 19, 2012

this is my 3rd time staying in this hotel but it seem like some stuff is gone.. like dvd player~ which last time it has it in the hotel room.
Security in this hotel is good~ location is great, near shopping mall and the road side food stall is great also.
hotel room is clean and good. pool is abit too small for swimming but good for kids to play.
overall had a great stay at the hotel.

Room Tip: get higher level is better but lift is abit too low.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Dear icly,

Indeed some stuff is gone like DVD player which their own reason. I am however pleased to hear that you have found security staff is good. Please note that the guest can request DVD player upon check-in and thank you very much for sharing your comment.
We very much look forward to your 4th stay with us in the near future.

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed November 17, 2012

I am not so sure about the price as this was a company trip. This place gives off more of a cosy & homely vibe. Not so hotel-like.

Room is spacious & kitchen seems well-equipped. Bed was okay.

Location is quite good & close to many shopping malls. The Platinum shopping mall is less then 10 mins walk away. The street leading up to the hotel is lined with massage shops.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Dear pingishere,

It is a pleasure to hear that our hotel made you feel cozy&homely. I am very much appreciated for that and thank you for pointing this out on Tripadvisor.
We look forward to welcoming you back as well as yours friends

Reviewed October 27, 2012 via mobile

Always choose this service apt/ hotel during my multiple trips to bkk over d past 5 yrs. Can't find any major fault w/ d place n was even quite surprise that staff r even more friendly during my most recent stay in Oct 2012 as compared to previous visits. Keep it up! Fantastic location w/ a 10-20 mins walk max to all major shoppg malls like Siam Paragon area, Mbk n not forgettg it is right smack in d pratunam area! Skytrain stns too.
However, there r a couple of issues n requests that the management should look into- 1- wifi disruptions occurg abt 2-3 times a day. 2- gym can do w/ a little
refurbishg. Dumbbell wgts should go up to 30 kg (if u r providing a gym w/ wgts traing equipment, trust me that d "serious fitness buffs" who utilizes them can handle that wgt efficiently n there's no real pt in havg the 1-3kg dumbbell.)
3-considerg furbishing the rooms w/ d dvd players again? Was quite disappointed that none was found in my room n judging fr d outdated dvd titles at d gym, I suppose d dvd rentals were in a way discouraged abt nearly a yr.
4- airconditiong temp in my most recent stay inconsistient w/ d dial adjuster at times, esp when switchg on again after been switched off when out of room.
5- electrical wall sockets outlets were loose at 2-3 points and that always seems to be d case in most rooms I stayed in. A rectification will be appreciated :)
The above r just some suggestions fr a returng guest that will prob keep u ahead of ur competitors n gettg a 5/5!

apicha s, Resident Manager at Centre Point Pratunam Hotel, responded to this review, October 29, 2012
Dear Lee S,
I am so thrilled to read that you had exceptional stay and I'm so please that the service and attention to detail from our team had been delivered to the guest.We always endeavor to provice memorable moment for our guest and constantly strive to raise our services and standards. Thank you for giving us the opportunity to be at your service. Your valuable suggestions will be solved and considered and please note that for DVD player,the guest can request upon check-in. I will be sharing your kind comments with my team about their service and I know how please everyone will be to hear that their effort to deliver and exceptional experience have been appreciated.
cape Town
Reviewed October 27, 2012

So central and really nice big rooms .fab breakfasts and well priced .Not well placed if you a tourist only as very busy .would like to see the bathrooms cleaner as black fungus in the bath area.otherwise we are very happy .also nice pool and gym .

Room Tip: Al rooms are great
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Dear ivivi,
I was so pleased to read your feedback and thank you very much for your comments. I was so glad that you were happy while staying with us. As you mentioned the black fungus, I had informed to the Housekeeper to play more attention in this area and some kind of this should not take place again. I look forward to welcoming you on your next visit to Bangkok.
Reviewed October 25, 2012

I was at this hotel from the 15-19 of October. We booked two rooms, one was 2301 and mine was 2901.
Firstly when I stepped into my room which was a 50 sq metre room I was quite surprised as it was well furnished with large LCD screen tv. A separate shower with large and spacious bath tub a very Nice balcony with great view and also a very neat and well equipped kitchen with also a washing machine. That's the good part of the room the bad part of it was the water heater in my toilet wasn't working so I had to bathe with cold water everyday especially in the morning. I called up the maintenance guy came up to fix it and it was working that night but the following morning it was all cold again. Another thing bad about the room was the television remote control, it was not working as I had to pressed the buttons really really hard to switch it on and change the channels. The maintenance guy changed the battery but it still couldn't worked so I couldn't really watch the television at night at my stay.

The services they provided at the hotel was great the all the people working there were very friendly especially one of the security officer and the door man. They were really well mannered and helpful. We book taxi from our hotel everytime we were going out and they were very reliable. All of them gives you the sense of home except for one of the breakfast buffet egg chef who was really stucked up.

The swimming pool this time round was really beautiful especially at night because I stayed here before in 2009 and it was just normal.but now after renovating the pool it was really classy and beautiful.

Breakfast buffet was good too. A different kinds of variety serving both Asian and western food. Egg counter was also provided like I said earlier food was good except for that unfriendly egg chef who doesn't feel like working there at all.

Lastly the location wise, location is kind of good if you are a shopperholic like me and my girlfriend as it was just minutes walk away from platinum and central world. So it is quite well located if you are here for shopping.

Overall me and my girlfriend and friends really enjoyed the stay at this centre point hotel as it was a very good and pleasant stay. The next time I come back again to Bangkok I would most definitely come back to this hotel again.

Regards from Singapore(:

• Stayed October 2012
2 Thank Jeeereeeyyy
apicha s, Resident Manager at Centre Point Pratunam Hotel, responded to this review, October 27, 2012
Dear Jeeereeeyyy,
Your comments mean a great deal to me and my team, thank you for taking the time to post such a wonderful review and please accept our sincerely apologize that some neglect had occurred during your stay. We will seriously look into solving these problems, as you mentioned the unfriendly egg chef. He had been informed that he should improve his customer service skill as Centre Point standard. We very much look forward to welcoming you back to your home away from home on your next visit to Bangkok.
Warm regard,