“Good situated hotel, nice rooms, poor staff”

Bandara Suites Silom, Bangkok
Ranked #113 of 879 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed May 9, 2013

We were at the Bandara Suites Silom Bangkok Hotel - 2 - days - booked by booking.com. The check-in was very unfriendly and not helpfull. The room was nice and big. The breakfast was lovely, but the service-staff unfriendly. The hotel is good situated in the center of Bangkok - but calm and cosy.
The price for the rooms are o.k.

Room Tip: Ask for a upgrade in a Junior-Suite
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank SILKTRAVEL
BBK-General-Manager, General Manager at Bandara Suites Silom, Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded May 13, 2013

Dear Phuket Silk,

Thank you for taking the time to post here on Trip ADvisor.

All your comments have been well recieved and the management concerned been informed and currently looking into why our usual high standards of service did not meet with your expectations. Please kindly accept our apologies for this.

We do hope that we have a chance to welcome you back on your next visit to Bangkok to show you that we can get things right.

Best regards

There are newer reviews for Bandara Suites Silom, Bangkok

Reviewed May 9, 2013

My wife and I have been here nearly 2 weeks, we leave Sunday. Staff are great, helpful, smiling. Locations, I think is really good. Breakfast, well worth the money. Haven't used it every day, but most days. Pool, nice, spa nice, gym, has all you need. We are in the tower above reception, there are 2 towers, our apartment is ok, but I must say, it is well worn. Most furniture is stained. ( beds perfectly clean so no complaints there) it needs some TLC though. We got an apartment specifically so we would have space ( which it does) and a kitchen. there is one pot, on fry pan, stickiest I have ever seen, kettle and, microwave and fridge freezer. Would be nice with a few more utensils to make it practical. Ie dish washing liquid, toaster, more than 2 cups etc. beds are ok but very firm, but ok. pillow, like a bag of sand - solid.

I think this was a great pick, would happily stay here again, even with the few items. The staff make up for the shortfalls, such that they are. Graham & Heather

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Graham D

Sawasdee krab!

Thank you very much for writing to us here via Trip Advisor.

Delighted to hear that the team looked after you well and thank you for your comments in regards to the pillows. We are looking at these right now and will be implementing a new standard over the year.

We hope that we have the chance to welcome you back again soon and look forward to being of service to you on your next visit to Bangkok.

With best regards

Reviewed May 7, 2013

My daughter & I stayed here for 2 weeks & had a wonderful time. The staff at the Bandara are amazing help & we were also upgraded to the business suite which was very roomy, though the shower was not very good & the couch was broken on one end. The rest of the amenities were fantastic and have very clean rooms. Airconditioning was also fantastic - very hot when we were there so coming home to a cool room is a must.

1  Thank Sharon S
BBK-General-Manager, General Manager at Bandara Suites Silom, Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded May 9, 2013

Greetings from Bandara Suites Silom,

Thank you for your message and delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us!

Comments well recieved and we are currently working on some of the guest rooms for their yearly touch up.

Thanks again and look forward to your next visit.

Best regards

Reviewed April 29, 2013

I liked this hotel, it was close to most areas we went to. Not far in a Tuk tuk, however if you get a tuk tuk be prepared to visit a suit shop. they are cheap for transport. The rooms were comfortable, and the pool area was great, they had a birthday party one day we were there so we went to the other pool in the other building. room service was lacking as they don't understand english very well. If you do order only order once get your food then order again as when we ordered for more food they cancelled the first order and this happened a few times. Staff are great very helpful. Doormen are also great. Massage here is also very good.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank mistic09
BBK-General-Manager, General Manager at Bandara Suites Silom, Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded May 2, 2013

Sawasdee krab!

Thank you for your posting and very pleased to hear that team looked after you well.

Thank you for your commnets re the room service. Khun Passakorn our new Food and Beverages Manager will be looking at these comments and complete some training with the team.

We do hope to be able to welcome you back on your next visit to Bangkok and please feel free to contact us at anytime.

With best regards and grateful thanks

Matthew C HIndmarch

Reviewed April 26, 2013

I stayed at the Bandara Suites Silom for a week in Mid April with my wife and adult daughter. We had a two bedroom, two bathroom suite on 22nd floor. Very large and absolutely sensational views of city skyline. Could not work out why the couch was facing the wall though.
Lights in kitchen were not working when we got there and it did take 3 requests to get fixed. Everything else was fantastic. Very friendly staff throughout. Some language difficulty, but this is apparent all over Asia. Nice pool and fitness gym and the ability to have a sauna every morning was great.
Breakfast restaurant was quite good with a lot of variety. Did miss my aussie grilled tomatoes, but I'm sure they would have done them if I had asked. Also is quite reasonable for dinner.
Wi Fi in room worked well. Would be nice to have some english speaking, "computer geek" on call (even at a cost) to help sort out any problems you may be having with sending emails etc.
HINT: If you don't want to change password every day, just ask at the front desk for a login password that will remain active as long as your stay. I did and they were more than happy to do so.Then set your laptop to remember password, and everytime you turn on it is there.

We stayed during Songkran and this was a bit different. Many restaurants that we had researched before leaving were closed. Out on the street was a bit awkward some times.
Kids with waterpistols was one thing and a bit of fun, but airheads chucking buckets of water at your Tuk Tuk driver at 40kpm was a bit over the top. We took a taxi from then on.
Skytrains and MRT are good, and can get you just about anywhere, but dont expect elevators and escalators at many of the stations, if you are travelling with luggage. Would have thought you would not have to climp 2-3 flights of stairs on the BTS from the Airport.
HINT: If you are 3 people it is much cheaper to just get a Taxi than a Tux Tuk or Skytrain. Just get them to put their meter on. Easy and cheap. Generally speak more English also.
Also don't ask Tuk Tuk drivers if something is open. Some will just say yes and take you there to get the fair. Ask at the desk before leaving.
Security guards at hotel were very friendly and a great welcome was received everytime we came back to Hotel.

We will definately stay there again and will certainly recommend to friends.

5  Thank RoCo37

Greetings from Bangkok!

Delighted to hear that you had a great time with us and especially over Songkran! Much fun had by all; albeirt a bit wet!

Re the sofas, we are doing that right now! We are certainly proud of our views across the cities from some of our rooms, and yes, the sofa are being 'turned' to let our guests enjoy the views from our huge windows across Bangkok!

The tips about the tuk tuk's are great and yes, meter taxis much easier and cheaper and tend to normally go to where you want to go to.

The BTS train system is fantastic as you mention, but the airport link with bags is slightly more difficult. The airport link is excellent for those guests with hand or back packs and convenient especially to miss the Bangkok traffic.

Hope to be able to welcome you back again soon, and we send our best wishes and grateful thanks for the lovely write up.

Reviewed April 20, 2013

We stayed in the family suite in the residency part of the hotel...it was brilliant and very spacious with 2 bedrooms(1 with an en suite bathroom), the staff are very courteous and extremely helpful and hotel facilities were excellent with 2 swimming pools that were really clean and well kept and a very good gym. The hotel is well situated in Silom near lumpinee park and close to all major shopping malls and tourist attractions and close to the MRT station. I would definately stay here again as it offers everything that you could want in a great location!! Perfect!!

5  Thank Paul M
BBK-General-Manager, General Manager at Bandara Suites Silom, Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded April 21, 2013

Sawasdee krab!

Thank you for your message. Delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us...

We all look forward to being able to welcome you again on your next stay in Bangkok and being of service to you...

From all the team,

With best regards

Reviewed April 17, 2013

Bandara Suites, a short walk from Silom road is very convenient especially during Song Kran.

I was there for 4 days 3 nights with 2 friends and each of us had a business suite. I had a small kitchen, a dining table for 4 people and a living room. If I had to use one word to describe my business suite then it would be "Dark". I just felt like there wasn't enough lighting in the room.

My bathroom was bigger than my friends', but I could see a lot of mould growth. Every time I took a shower (in the bath tub), half of the bathroom would get wet because the screen next to the bath rub wasn't big enough to stop the water from going outside. The bathroom was not well lit either.

My room had a dressing table with a mirror, and I took avantage of the robe in the wardrobe. Next to the wardrobe there was this space for my luggage but I couldn't leave it there as it was just too dark to see anything at night. The bed was big and comfortable and there was a safe box in my room. The walls were paper thin - for a guy who has hearing problems I could hear my neighbours all the time!

There were sufficient equipments in the gym but they were old. The pool was small so I didn't use it. The breakfast was very average, and the free wifi didn't work! After a few tries I just gave up - I had a unlimited data plan on my phone anyway.

When I was staying at another hotel, all of the taxi's they ordered would charge me by metre. However, some of the taxi drivers Bandara ordered for me charged me 200 Bhat for going to detinations that were close by. I guess my stay was during Song Kran, so it was harder to order taxi's?

The best part about Bandara is the location. It was so close to Silom, so it was handy during Song Kran when we got absolutely wet everyday.

There was nothing wrong with Bandara. The service was great, the staff were awesome (the security guards even sprayed water on us but we got him back), it was just a little old and dark.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank janda0808
BBK-General-Manager, General Manager at Bandara Suites Silom, Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded April 18, 2013

Sawasdee krab!

Thank you for taking the time to post here on Trip Advisor. Delighted to hear that the team looked after you well.

All your comments have been well recieved and we shall discuss them at our daily meeting. For the taxis, yes, they were looking for the 200 baht minimum during Songkran in some cases as the traffic was understandably over busy (as roads were closed off for the water festival celebrations) however, a tip, please don't use the taxis parked outside buildings for example as they tend to ask for a 'fixed charge'. just walk along the road or ask a Security guard to hail down a taxi and they will 99% of the time turn on the meter automatically. If they don't as you drive off, point and they will turn on!

So pleased that you were here over Songkran and hope that the festivities were exciting and simply 'amazing'.

With best regards and grateful thanks from all the team.

Regards