“Top Quality Hotel”

Bandara Suites Silom, Bangkok
Ranked #112 of 881 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed April 20, 2013

We stayed in the family suite in the residency part of the hotel...it was brilliant and very spacious with 2 bedrooms(1 with an en suite bathroom), the staff are very courteous and extremely helpful and hotel facilities were excellent with 2 swimming pools that were really clean and well kept and a very good gym. The hotel is well situated in Silom near lumpinee park and close to all major shopping malls and tourist attractions and close to the MRT station. I would definately stay here again as it offers everything that you could want in a great location!! Perfect!!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
5  Thank Paul M
BBK-General-Manager, General Manager at Bandara Suites Silom, Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded April 21, 2013

Sawasdee krab!

Thank you for your message. Delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us...

We all look forward to being able to welcome you again on your next stay in Bangkok and being of service to you...

From all the team,

There are newer reviews for Bandara Suites Silom, Bangkok

Reviewed April 17, 2013

Bandara Suites, a short walk from Silom road is very convenient especially during Song Kran.

I was there for 4 days 3 nights with 2 friends and each of us had a business suite. I had a small kitchen, a dining table for 4 people and a living room. If I had to use one word to describe my business suite then it would be "Dark". I just felt like there wasn't enough lighting in the room.

My bathroom was bigger than my friends', but I could see a lot of mould growth. Every time I took a shower (in the bath tub), half of the bathroom would get wet because the screen next to the bath rub wasn't big enough to stop the water from going outside. The bathroom was not well lit either.

My room had a dressing table with a mirror, and I took avantage of the robe in the wardrobe. Next to the wardrobe there was this space for my luggage but I couldn't leave it there as it was just too dark to see anything at night. The bed was big and comfortable and there was a safe box in my room. The walls were paper thin - for a guy who has hearing problems I could hear my neighbours all the time!

There were sufficient equipments in the gym but they were old. The pool was small so I didn't use it. The breakfast was very average, and the free wifi didn't work! After a few tries I just gave up - I had a unlimited data plan on my phone anyway.

When I was staying at another hotel, all of the taxi's they ordered would charge me by metre. However, some of the taxi drivers Bandara ordered for me charged me 200 Bhat for going to detinations that were close by. I guess my stay was during Song Kran, so it was harder to order taxi's?

The best part about Bandara is the location. It was so close to Silom, so it was handy during Song Kran when we got absolutely wet everyday.

There was nothing wrong with Bandara. The service was great, the staff were awesome (the security guards even sprayed water on us but we got him back), it was just a little old and dark.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank janda0808
BBK-General-Manager, General Manager at Bandara Suites Silom, Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded April 18, 2013

Sawasdee krab!

Thank you for taking the time to post here on Trip Advisor. Delighted to hear that the team looked after you well.

All your comments have been well recieved and we shall discuss them at our daily meeting. For the taxis, yes, they were looking for the 200 baht minimum during Songkran in some cases as the traffic was understandably over busy (as roads were closed off for the water festival celebrations) however, a tip, please don't use the taxis parked outside buildings for example as they tend to ask for a 'fixed charge'. just walk along the road or ask a Security guard to hail down a taxi and they will 99% of the time turn on the meter automatically. If they don't as you drive off, point and they will turn on!

So pleased that you were here over Songkran and hope that the festivities were exciting and simply 'amazing'.

With best regards and grateful thanks from all the team.

Regards

Reviewed April 16, 2013

We spent three nights at Bandara and enjoyed the proximity to Silom and a variety of good restaurants, the hotel pool, and the size and quality of our room (we had a two bedroom). We didn't have issues with Internet connectivity like some others but did find it annoying to have to re-enter the name and password multiple times a day when we wanted to check our e-mail or access the Internet. We found the buffet/restaurant environment very good--better than other places that we stayed in Thailand. We also liked how the hotel guard flagged down taxis for us--these taxis were only honest ones that we encountered on any given day. We would go back without hesitation.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank bbilmer

Sawasdee krab!

Thank you for your posting here on Trip Advisor. Delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us.

In regards to the taxis, we do advise to have the taxi's flagged down as they will use their meters, so pleased to hear that the guards helped you with that. This is an issue in many areas of Bangkok however, our guards are continually briefed and always have our guests at heart. There are a few taxis and tuk tuks who park quite often outside the hotel trying to get business, but simple advise is to just walk a little along the road and flag down a taxi. This goes for other places where you see taxis parked up.

Anyway, hope to be able to welcome you back to Bandara Suites Silom again on your next visit to Bangkok and please feel free to email us in advance and we shall make sure a nice room is made available for you.

Reviewed April 14, 2013

About 3 years ago, I stayed a couple of times at the Bandara Suites, then I found similar deals elsewhere. This time, I chose this hotel for 2 reasons: The location is good. It is just a short walk to busy Silom Road, the Sala Daeng BTS station and the Central-Silom mall. Secondly, I had a late night flight home. I knew that at the Bandara, I could leave my bags at the hotel all day, then return in the evening, get my bags and go to the changing rooms on the pool leve where I could take a hot shower and change to warmer clothes and shoes. I am sure that many hotels offer this possibility but I wasn’t sure……
The Bandara offers a variety of rooms of different sizes and prices. Rooms on higher floors have wonderful views of the city. Bathrooms have glass walls with shades to lower. This might not suit all couples. In room Wi-fi worked well. The air-con had minimum temperature controls and was difficult to regulate. The temperature control had either very cold air or not-cold air. I had to keep changing the controls every time the room became too cold or too warm.
Often I spend the mornings in my room working on the Internet and reading. However, housekeeping did not hesitate to disturb me in order to clean the room even when there were other rooms to be cleaned. I have stayed in numerous hotels and this is the only hotel where this happened every day.
The breakfast buffet offers a good variety. However, the coffee is simply terrible. The “orange juice” and “fruit punch” are nothing more than drinks with artificial flavor and color. Food in the serving dishes is kept barely warm and is sometimes cold. Some cornflakes spilled on the floor one morning were still there the following morning…….

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
BBK-General-Manager, General Manager at Bandara Suites Silom, Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded April 17, 2013

Sawasdee krab!

Thank you for your message and delighted to hear that once again, our location proved to be convenient and made Bangkok so accessible for you all.

Comments well recieved re the breakfast, and recently we have just recruited a new Food and Beverages Manager and Buffet Chef so we are looking forward to some improvements in our standards of service. Food choice is continually being revised as we 'change' dependent on our guests nationality... at the moment as it has been Thai new year we have welcomed many of our friends from Asia to join with the celebrations. Temperatures of over 40 degrees where felt last week, so the water festival was a big cooler for everyone who visited us.

Thank you again for taking the time to write to us and look forward to your next visit to Bangkok. Please email me in advance and we shall make sure a nice room with a view is booked for you.

Reviewed April 11, 2013

Our travel agent booked this hotel for us on our recent trip to Bangkok. We had a lovely family suite with a kitchen, large family room, 2 bedrooms each with their own bathrooms. We used the hotel laundry service and that was a very reasonable price and we got our laundry back the same day. The buffet breakfast was included in our price package and we enjoyed the food. We had to tell the chef's each day to bring us maple syrup for the french toast though. They just could not understand the two went together. I guess they only use syrup for the pancakes so when they didn't have pancakes they would take away the syrup. Location was great as we walked a few blocks to the train and then we took a tuk tuk back one evening which was quite fun. Our girls enjoyed swimming in the pool at the hotel. We joined another family on this trip and they had the same set up as us only they have 3 children. All of us were very pleased with the hotel service and the rooms. The free tuk tuk use at the hotel was not in service the whole 4 days we were there so we can't comment on that. We were provided with 4 bottles of water each day to drink. Remember not to use the tap water for drinking.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank MartyParty4

Greetings from Bandara Suites Silom,

Thank you very much for your posting and delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Great to hear that both families were pleased with the hotel and the extra space of the suites.

Maple syrup.... onto the Chef right now to get that sorted out for you.

Thanks again and look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed April 11, 2013

If i will rate this place alone, I will give 5
But with smile of staff everytime we pass by the front desk they are great!!!
In our check out time in the afternoon the General Mgr. was there in front of us w/some white people look like marketing or agent, he is not friendly to everyone specialy to asian dark skin people we notice he's behavior for the last 4 nights that we stay on Bandara. Breakfast is terible, staff in restaurant is not friendly, giving you a face everytime we arrive 10am bec they are closing 10:30am, no food on the line around 10:15am, the only friendly staff in restaurant is the one cookng omelete she is execellent!!! But the rest for get it,
We will not come back again to this place bec of the behavior of the leader
We travel and we like bangkok a lot!!!

• Stayed: April 2013

Dear 1471ga.

Thank you for your message here on Trip Advisor and for taking the time to post after your recent stay with us.

Your comments have been receieved well and I would personally like to apologise if you felt that way in regards to my welcome. I can assure you that having been in Thailand for 25 years, Asian culture and our guests from this region are very important to us and certainly from our guests feedback is very positive. We regularly teach in the hotel that all our guests from around the world are to be treated in the exactly the same way and recieve exactly the same Thai hospitality which has been made Thailand so famous.

In regards to the breakfast buffet, thank you again for the comments and the new team of management have been briefed and will take some serious action very quickly to ensure that our usual standards are brought back into place.

Thank you again 1471ga and hope that we have the chance to welcome you back again on your next visit to Bangkok to show you that we can get things right.

Reviewed April 9, 2013

The location is perfect, close to the BTS (sky train) which will get you to most shopping centres. A 10minute walk to patpomg night market and around the corner from some of the best hawker stalls. Apart from the brilliant locations he rooms are what you need, clean and well maintained. The staff are very friendly and pleasant and the overall experience is fantastic. If I was to travel to Bangkok again I would certainly consider staying at Bandara suites Silom again. Thank you for a wonderful stay.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Justine S
BBK-General-Manager, General Manager at Bandara Suites Silom, Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2013

Sawadee krab!

Thank you very much for your message and delighted to hear that the team looked after you well.

Wishing you a very happy Thai new year - Songkran!