“Great hotel at good value!”

D Varee Diva Bally Sukhumvit
Ranked #298 of 884 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed January 7, 2013

This hotel is very nicely tucked away in Sukhumvit district but that is also why I didn't give 5-stars. To get anywhere from the hotel, you need to take a tuk-tuk. Fortunately, there is a free shuttle service from 9 or 10am to 5pm. But if you are going out later than that, say for partying or supper, then you will need to get a cab or walk about 10-15 min out onto the main street.

Service is very good. My room was made every day. Staff were friendly enough without being over-bearing. There is always a friendly doorman and receptionist no matter what time you get back to the hotel, to assist in getting you what you need. Rooms are spacious and clean. There was a small pantry and bathtub in my suite, and the aircon and wifi was excellent. I only managed to get the room due to a series of unfortunate events with another hotel booking where it turned out, they had given my reserved room away, and had to lodge me here. Very happy with the turn of events and glad to have stayed at this hotel rather than what I booked.

Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Isabel W
BALLY-SUKH, Front Office Manager at D Varee Diva Bally Sukhumvit, responded to this reviewResponded January 10, 2013

Dear Valued guest,

Thank you for your review. I am glad you had a good experience with us in overall. Your review would be passed to our team member. I am looking forward to the pleasure of opportunity to welcome you back again.

Reviewed January 3, 2013

great place in the heart of the city although a little far from sukumvit road..but you get their tuk tuk service.Great breakfast, nice clean rooms in a quiet neighbourhood.Personalised service.Nice pool at the top floor although the lights go out at 8.00 pm which was disappointing.Helpful staff with good english knowledge in all a great place to stay.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family

Dear Valued guest,

Thank you for sharing your wonderful experience during stay with us into Tripadvisor.com We're very pleased to have one more full score, moreover get to know that you enjoy your time. Please let us have your return again in the future, We would perform the best to ensure your good experience again.

Reviewed January 1, 2013

We stayed here 2 nights and it was a good hotel. We thought the staff were friendly and helpful. We couldn't get WiFi in the room that I later discovered us rare in Thailand. But our room was big and clean. The location is very good if you don't want to stay in the heart of the city and so it's not as noisy as some other places. With the Skytrain just down the road, it's really easy and quick to get to the centre. There are also a lot of bars and restaurants close to the hotel so there is a lot to keep you entertained in the area.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
BALLY-SUKH, Front Office Manager at D Varee Diva Bally Sukhumvit, responded to this reviewResponded January 2, 2013

Dear valued guest,

We appreciate your time sharing comments through tripadvisor.com after stay Bally's Studio Suites - Sukhumvit. Our location is on center of sukhumvit street and close to BTS & MRT where link you all destinations in bangkok.

We're pride to have you stay with us and look forward to the future return at Bally's Studio Suites - Sukhumvit.

Reviewed December 19, 2012

Previous reviewers have said the staff were grumpy.. I can see how that could happen, but I would prefer to call them efficient to grumpy.
So smiles weren't so forthcoming sometimes- But wow! when you asked for something, it appeared at your door within minutes !! Room service, the guy to fix the safe, more room service... the speed was mind blowing.
We got an upgrade, awesome room. Shower pressure was low and the bath leaked...my only complaints.
Don't go to Bally's if you want a room with a view. Theres nothing pretty down Soi 22. But if you don't mind a walk, we really enjoyed this lively soi and preferred walking totaking the hotel tuk tuk to Sukhumvit rd.
Breakfast is a mix of Western and Thai and I dont know if we were meant to, but always got seconds to start another day in BKK.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
BALLY-SUKH, Front Office Manager at D Varee Diva Bally Sukhumvit, responded to this reviewResponded December 24, 2012

Dear Valued guest,

Thank you for your constructive feedback, we always value on comment. I assign concerned person run into details and it will turn the tide back to excellent one.

Our location is on center of sukhumvit street and close to BTS & MRT where link you all destinations in bangkok. We're pride to have you stay with us and look forward to the future return at Bally's Studio Suites.

Reviewed December 15, 2012

I stayed at Bally for 2 nights for some leisurely quiet after raging in Banglumphoo-Khaosan with a backpacker friend for 4 nights.

I had no reservation; I walked in and asked about rooms. I was offered 2 room options - 1350 or 1500. I opted for the 1500 room due to the larger bed rather than 2 twins.
The gal at reception was utterly polite and respectful, even by Thai standards. This was a pleasant surprise because after a few days in the backpacker's ghetto I wasn't dressed very nicely.
Anyhow, on to the hotel...

LOBBY - clean, quiet, public computers, comfy sitting areas, restaurant, travel brochures, baggage hold area.

ELEVATOR - fast, and had a security camera

ROOM - Electronic chip room key. Room was very clean and well made up. Tile floor. TV with lots of channels (movies and programming in several languages) and a DVD player so I could check out the latest movies I had bought at Panthip Plaza. Small balcony with a view of BKK. It's a no smoking hotel, so I enjoyed the fact that I could smoke outside on the balcony. There is a rudimentary kitchen--countertop, microwave oven, large refrigerator, coffee/tea fixings & hotpot. Closet with room for hanging stuff up and a built-in safe. The hotel also does laundry service by the piece. I prefer going out and getting my clothes done at a local place that charges by the KG.

BED- Huge. Clean and comfortable. Bug free.

BATH - tub/shower, commode, sink. Amenities such as shampoo, conditioner, soaps, q-tips, etc. 4 towels and mat. If you need more than that, stay at the Peninsula.

FOOD- I ordered crab fried rice and spring rolls for room service. They were out of crab and spring rolls. I was offered pork fried rice and some tohd mun pla, a fried fish cake. Those were excellent, and I was glad to have those rather than the spring rolls.

OVERALL - I have to say that for a $50 room, this was really good. There is a rooftop pool as well, although i did not indulge. I know there are other BKK hotels for cheaper, but Ballys was a nice respite from the Banglumphoo $hit I had endured for 4 days. The people are really nice, the complimentary tuk-tuk to ski 18 is convenient (the driver refused my 40 baht tip, but I literally forced him to accept it.) I would not hesitate to stay here again, and recommend it to other tripadvisor readers.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
4  Thank SiamJam
BALLY-SUKH, Front Office Manager at D Varee Diva Bally Sukhumvit, responded to this reviewResponded December 18, 2012

Dear Valued guest,

Thank you for sharing your nice experience and recommend hotel to people, I am glad you had a good experience with us in overall. Our dynamic team are looking forward to serve you again in the soon future.

Best regards,

Reviewed November 26, 2012

This hotel is located at the end of Soi 20 and there are a good selection of bars and food stalls along this road. The hotel is clean and modern with good rooms. The air conditioning and TV both worked and the room floor was mainly wood. There was a modern shower but no bath.

The room did not have a great view but this was not needed as the location is very good. It was easy to get to the MRT and the large air conditioned shopping mall / cinema complex. The outdoor pool looked nice but we did not try it.The breakfast is rather standard, but it was OK and convenient as we did not have to go out.

This is a good hotel and at 1350 Baht (no breakfast) it is excellent value. We will use the hotel next time we transit Bangkok.

Room Tip: Get a room near a WiFi router.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Merevaik
BALLY-SUKH, Front Office Manager at D Varee Diva Bally Sukhumvit, responded to this reviewResponded November 28, 2012

Dear Valued guest,

Thank you for your review. I am looking forward to the pleasure of opportunity to welcome you back again and recommend you to request room with bathtub.

Our dynamic teams are looking forward to serve you again in the soon future.

Reviewed November 25, 2012

This is a great find and I went with Tripadvisor's fellow travellers reporting high on this one. Very friendly people and one of the best i have come across in Service. Everyone at the reception speaks good english! This is a definite stay the next time i am in Bangkok!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends

Dear Valued guest,

Thank you for sharing your wonderful experience during stay with us into Tripadvisor.com We're very pleased to have one more full score, moreover get to know that you enjoy your time, again thanks for your recommend Bally's Studio Suites mentioned in your review. we would ensure your next stay with us will be perfect one.

Best regards,