“Overrated!”

Vienna, Austria
“Overrated!”
Reviewed November 8, 2012

What I liked:

rooftop pool - that was the reason I booked that hotel. But unfortunately rooftop or not, the sun was available for only a couple of hours - it is obscured by the nearby highrise buildings. (The Bally Suites is only 8 floors tall).

What I didn't like:

1. Ants in my room - running in my laptop keyboard

2. A LONG walk from Sukhumvit/BTS. Even if they tell you there is a free lift to the Sukhumvit Rd, it is only available from 9 am to 5 pm. When I needed to take the train to the airport at 8 am and asked for a lift to Asok station, they suggested I take a taxi

3. My room was not cleaned at all until 3 pm when I called reception and demanded room cleaning service. That with the ants and some sand on the floor didn't give a good impression of their cleanliness and room servicing.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
BALLY-SUKH, Front Office Manager at D Varee Diva Bally Sukhumvit, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for your stayed with us and please accept my apology for unexpected experience about our service.

The hotel has complimentary TukTuk service from Hotel to SukhumvitSoi 18 near BTS Asoke station or Sukhumvit Soi 20 daily between 09.00-17.00. For the time that you requested (08.00am.) our staff, TukTuk driver were not on duty yet that is the reason why we suggest you to take taxi. The taxi will drop you at Makasan station you will link to airport from this station it’s convenience.

I apologies again for room not cleaned until 03.00pm and ants in your room. If you feel that we deserve the chance to rectify your experience, please return again then I would take care you specially, kindly email me bally@ballys-studio.com

Best Regards,
Front Office Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 7, 2012

Overall I was impressed with this hotel. It is close enough to all main areas and located close to BTS Asok. The restaurant served nice and very affordable food. The staff were helpful and attentive. Well worth staying here an the hotel is very reasonable compared to others at a fraction of the price.

Room Tip: Nightlife Tip: Nana is the place to go for fun, most of the Soi's are great fun depending on wh...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Tony S
BALLY-SUKH, Front Office Manager at D Varee Diva Bally Sukhumvit, responded to this review, November 12, 2012
Dear Valued guest,

Thank you for sharing your nice experience to others, we're pleased to know that you are one more customer enjoy your stay at Bally’s Studio Suites – Sukhumvit like many people ever stay before. We look forward to serving you again and hope your next plan of stay here would be soonest.

Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Reviewed November 2, 2012

First of all I thank all the staffs in Ballys for their kindness and such a homely treatment.All the travellers out there to BKK,I recommend Ballys,I want to be there again..A very homely stay..So clean and homely service with the a real value for money.The location even is so great to access all major attraction in the city.I will recommend \ballys strongly to all.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
BALLY-SUKH, Front Office Manager at D Varee Diva Bally Sukhumvit, responded to this review, November 4, 2012
Dear Valued guest,

Thank you for taking the time in providing us a great comments about service and staff. You make us a big smile and sound that we exceeded your expectations, again thanks for your recommend Bally's Studio Suites mentioned in your review.

Best Regards,
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed October 21, 2012

very good hotel staff always friendly and willing to help. a littlle bit of a walk to sukhumvit road id guess 1km give or take but take advantage of free tuk tuk from 9-5 otherwise we just got taxi which only cost about 35 baht.

there is a old wing and new wing of hotel we stayed in cheapest that was old but rooms by no means old! massive room massive bed very clean with great air condtioning.

things that where a little dissapointing where:
our shower which in bath had terrible pressure and hot water wasn't so hot
Room service was not the greatest and most our food come up stone cold

but these were very minor things and in no way should discourage people from staying. for the price of the hotel it is defiantly worth it

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Dylan c
BALLY-SUKH, Front Office Manager at D Varee Diva Bally Sukhumvit, responded to this review, October 23, 2012
Dear Valued guest,

Thank you very much for your constructive feedback, I immediately get back to my service team, Please accept my apology for the terrible pressure shower and hot water that made you dissapoint. Please let us have your return again in the future, We would perform the best to ensure your good experience.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 17, 2012

On arrival I was welcomed with a smile and a welcome drink. Check-in was painless and onward travel was supported with out hesitation. The gym was well equipped. The restaurant was convenient. However I would recommend going to the near by mini marts for breakfast and supplies. Breakfast was over priced for synthetic products. The staff were excellent, from Reception.cleaning staff and service. The location is close to malls and the skytrain. Only one complaint was I wasn't recognised a returning guest. I was given a room on the lower floors after having a great studio on the 6th floor on my first stay. Apart from that I can't fault the value for money.

Room Tip: Higher floors seem to be more spacious
1 Thank DENXIL
Dear Valued guest,

Thank you for sharing your wonderful experience during stay with us into Tripadvisor.com We're very pleased to have one more full score, moreover get to know that you enjoy your time. Please let us have your return again in the future I would take care you specially.

Pretoria, South Africa
Reviewed October 16, 2012

When we arrived at the a hotel, a doorman helped us with our luggage and during our 12 day stay in the hotel he became a friendly face welcoming us, hailing a taxi if we wanted one and offering us an umbrella when it rained. This is unusual for a three star hotel and added to the great experience at Bally's Studio Suites. The rest of the staff members at the hotel were always friendly, helpful and professional and speaking good English. There is a restaurant in the hotel, and eventhough we only ate there once, the Thai food was delicious. The pool on top of the hotel was one of the reason we choose the hotel. The water was always clean and the pool area large enough for many guests. We loved the view over the city. I would recommend this hotel highly for great value for money!

The room was huge and cleanliness of a high standard. We were given two bottles of water every day for free, a neccisity in the humidity of the city. The bathroom was spacious too. The AC worked silently in cooling us down after exploring the city.

The hotel is perfectly located in the middle of the city, but away from the nightlife noise. It is close to the subway lines, good restaurants and shopping.

Room Tip: The higher floors offer a better view of the area.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Maggie B
Dear Valued guest,

Thank you very much for share your nice experience on tripAdvisor. We are happy to hear you enjoy all about us . Our team are looking forward to serve you again in the soon future.

Plymouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 10, 2012

- big clean rooms with everything inside, for me the most important was the room safe
- pool on top of the building
- close to sky train witch is main route to the city enter, u can find 100's of taxis there to take u anywhere in bangkok
- guest friendly
-thai massages on the next street toward sukhumvit road, we looked a lot in the city after we realize we have a few next door

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank razvan11
Dear Valued guest,

Thank you for your review. I am glad you had a good experience with us in overall.

I am looking forward to the pleasure of opportunity to welcome you back again.