Lowest prices for your stay
Priceline
SAVE $10
Hotels.com$69
Expedia.com$69
StayForLong$74
All reviews the night bike tour canal boat garden suite grand palace golden mount democracy monument quirky hotel breakfast was delicious khao san road we loved our stay each morning little touches fresh fruit chiang mai home away from home visiting bangkok thailand
Selected filters
Reviewed November 22, 2010

my bf and i loved staying here. our room (jasmine) was beautiful! it was small, but with a lil' re-configuration, all our stuff fit.

we enjoyed the lil' gifts that manling and her staff left on our bed everyday. the breakfast was enjoyable... definitely go for the seasonal fruits. i grew up in the philippines but have lived in the US for 20 years, so some of the fruits served reminded me fondly of the tropical fruits i grew up with. and manling was great -- i just casually mentioned that i saw some rambutan on the street and my bf mentioned that he liked jackfruit; and for the rest of our stay, the fruit plate had rambutan and jackfruit. we also really loved the congee served with fried dough. and the soya drink. i could go on and on about those breakfasts :)

we also appreciated that the staff gave plenty of help and tips. they even give you a map and a lil business card with their address in thai, so it was easy to show them to taxi drivers.

another upside is that the area is not very touristy, so we didn't get slammed with scam artists and peddlers as soon as we got out of the front door. very UN-khao san rd.

the only down-side of this hotel is that it's quite a walk away from skytrain, metro, or river ferry stops. but the metered taxis are VERY reasonable, so it wasn't too bad.

Date of stay: November 2010
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 11, 2010

We stayed in Old Bangkok Inn for nearly a week and highly recommend it! The staff are extremely helpful and friendly and, as mentioned by others on this site, the presents left on our bed every day were a lovely touch. The rooms are very clean and well presented and the bathroom facilities are great. There is a safe, air con, TV and DVD player and a computer with internet in the room so everything you need for your stay. The breakfasts are yummy - the thai coconut pancakes are a real treat! The guest house is about a 10-15 minute walk from the Khao San Road so it's easy to ge there but far enough away to be nice and quiet. The photos on the internet made this guest house look quite dark because of all the wood used but in reality our 'Jasmine' room had a lot of natural light in the bedroom. The only downside for me was that the bed was a bit hard for my liking....apart from that it was great! We would definitely stay here again if we came back to Bangkok!

Date of stay: October 2010
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 5, 2010

Staying at the Old Bangkok inn was a fantastic way to discover Bangkok - which at the best of times can be quite overwhelming. The hotel staff and management were probably the best that I have ever come across. They went to huge effort to make reservations for us, give us directions, hints and suggestions - everything carefully thought through and done with grace and style.
The rooms were really beautiful and unusual - comfortable beds, interesting decor and unusual design. (and quiet) We loved the fact that this is a really "green" hotel where they make all efforts to preserve the environment.
The breakfasts were amazing and consisted of a wide variety of interesting fruit and unusual thai delicacies and fantastic coffee. (plus the usual eggs etc)
I would highly reccomend this hotel to anyone staying in Bangkok.

Date of stay: September 2010
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed September 17, 2010

It's a special hotel with many theme rooms and I stayed in Orchid room. There will be small gifts for us after the bed is made, like a little surprise when we back to the hotel from an exhausted day.
Also the very kind and helpful staff helped us A LOT! The big issue to us is the language barrier when we tried to ask around locally and the hotel staff always helped us by sending text message in Thai for me so I can show to the people i was asking.
There was one night we stayed up so late that we felt hungry while all restaurants nearby were closed. The staff on shift even rode his personal motorcycle to buy the amazing patai for us!!! We are just thrilled by the service they offered.

in reception area, there are lots of books(mostly lonely planets) and DVDs that you can just borrow for free to watch in your room. very sweet.

Just the location is not very easy to get access to all MRT statioin. but for some people who look for serene and quite gateway, it's a good choice.

Date of stay: February 2010
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank EmyWasabi
Reviewed September 9, 2010

Unfortunately we only stayed one night. I had been travelling with my daughters and their friends and this was the first place I felt I could lay my head on the wonderful pillows without worrying about the cleanliness. I cannot praise the Old Bankok Inn enough. The staff were delightful and so helpful and nothing seemed too much trouble. The rooms are beautiful with lovely little touches like the present of a key ring and beautiful shower products. The breakfast was so amazing and I am still thinking about the little coconut pancakes. The place is a credit to Nantiya, a lovely lady.

Date of stay: August 2010