“Loved the Old Bangkok Inn!”

Old Capital Bike Inn
Ranked #2 of 742 Bangkok B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 26, 2013

I have to start this review with the breakfasts, because the Old Bangkok Inn serves up the most incredible meal to start your day! I still have dreams about the tiny, filled coconut pancakes. Fruit, eggs, bread, tea - all fresh and fantastic. The service at the very charming Old Bangkok is impeccable; every person we dealt with was so warm and hospitable, we felt as though we were staying with family. Our family of four stayed in the comfortable Lotus Room and loved the outdoor shower. The location is terrific, close to the canal boat landing, temples, and delicious food (like Thip Samai!) on Maha Chai Road. Such a peaceful oasis in Bangkok.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank lauriecoconutgrove

Reviewed August 24, 2013

We opted to do Bangkok in two parts to avoid the traffic. A couple of days in Sukhumvit and then over to old Bangkok. Part one was good, made especially good for shopping, had shirts made(highly recommend Majestic Tailors) but part two ... Old Bangkok Inn was romantic, charming, perfect for me and my wife ... we travelled on the canals, used the Nancy Chandler map .. ate all the street food ... and always came back to our hotel greeted with ice cold lemon grass tea and a cold flannel and a smile...

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank layo77
Reviewed August 7, 2013

This hotel was booked for us so we had to hope it would be ok. It was so much more than ok; it was wonderful!

The service was impeccable. From our welcome on arrival, through to the fabulous introduction to our rooms right through to the farewell, we had a superb stay. The rooms were amazing (we had three for our group), the breakfasts were fantastic, the staff were brilliant.

I would absolutely recommend The Old Bangkok Inn. We loved it.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 30, 2013 via mobile

Romantic, enchanting, spectacular! Quite possibly the best breakfast we have ever had too! I still think about those coconut pancakes. Our first introduction to mangosteens too. We had the rose suite which was Would definitely recommend.

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank KVScrob
Reviewed July 17, 2013

What a wonderful surprise to pull open the heavy doors at OBI and enter a world of cool, calm and welcoming. From the cooling cloth and iced tea to the quiet music and antique decor it was a wonderful surprise.

Breakfast is amazing! I have never been presented with a wider array of wonderfully displayed fresh fruits. The coconut pancakes are the best treat of all. Eggs cooked the way you want them. There was so much food I never missed toast ( I'm gluten free.). There was more than enough food to satisfy and carry you through your day.

From the owner, Nantye, to all the staff, one couldn't ask for a better group of people. They were warm and welcoming and made you feel like friends. Aom, Goy, Aed, Nan and Klun you know who you are! Even helped me with my Thai language. It always felt great to walk in the door after a long day of walking around Bangkok to be greeted by a smiling face. I will definitely return!

By the way, the rooms are beautiful and different from each other. Very nice indeed. I suggest a single or twin if traveling alone as the room is bigger and one doesn't really make use of the patio on the double.

Room Tip: If single don't bother with the double room with patio. It is smaller thab a twin due to the ou...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank MexicoLover100
Reviewed July 8, 2013

We selected this B&B because it was a quaint and unique place. Ead was the ultimate hostess!!! The fruit plate with delicious mango was served each morning. We loved the location because we could walk to restaurants in the evening. The staff stored our luggage while we went on a short trip to Siem Reap. We stayed here twice because the staff, Kluin, Aom and Ead were so friendly and helpful. Highly recommended! Thanks again for making us feel at home!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 21, 2013

It was my first time in Bangkok and I was glad to book a room in Old Bangkok Inn. Friendly face of Ead welcomed me and from that moment on whenever I needed advice, tip etc. she was there. Thank you Ead.
The fruit plate for breakfast was colorful and delicious with the adition of special mango coming from 50 year old tree from the garden of the hotel's owner.
I prefer places with soul to stay where ever I go. Old Bangkok Inn is a right choice if you are also looking for that kind of experience.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo