6,958 results
All reviews across the river the executive lounge flow restaurant cheese room river city shuttle boat diamond member chao phraya river rooftop bar free boat top floor boat service great view of the river hotel boat main restaurant our honeymoon an upgrade
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

A brief stay at the property over a sunny at times thundery weekend.....deeply impressed by the team at the Executive Lounge....led by the ever gracious and hospitable managers Fye and Ann with their professional and efficient crew Tuck, Yui, Parn, May, Wink, Enjoy, Grace, Pon, Mai, Pla and Ice....

The team was absolutely efficient in meeting guests demand in a heavy traffic lounge.....fully demonstrated the professional training and reflected the spirit of Hilton Hospitality......After all, is all about people .......Well Done!

Date of stay: September 2019
millenniumhiltonbkk, Director of Operations at Millennium Hilton Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear cs c,

Greetings from the Millennium Hilton Bangkok!

Thank you for choosing the Millennium Hilton Bangkok as your hotel during your recent visit and for taking the time to provide us with your valuable feedback.

We appreciate you taking the time to provide such detailed feedback of your stay, and are delighted that you enjoyed your time at the Hotel. This valuable feedback allows us to continually monitor and improve both quality of our products and standards of services provided.

Rest assured that our team members endeavor to make a concerted effort to achieve ultimate guest satisfaction and we hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I had within a couple of months, a trip to BKK again and after considering all the Hilton hotels (and especially since the Conrad lounge was under renovation), I just decided to come back to this property (even though I wanted to avoid it due to the lack of Elite recognition and medicore lounge offerings in the evening).  This time around, I went with the lowest expectation which did help to make the stay OK.  This time around I booked a Premium King and was upgraded to a King Executive.  During check-in, I had a sort of discussion at the front desk (arrived very late) about the lack of elite recognition, etc...[and I do still find the agents at the front desk of the hotel to be rather rude and unfriendly].  One thing this really makes me boil is that they can just lie to you straight in the face.  I asked why if they have suites available during my stay (just 2 nights) can't they upgrade me to one - and she without even the pretence to check or effort just said "O sorry but all suites are booked out for the duration of your stay" which is BS - because I did check while on my way to the hotel the availability of suites (not using 1 room but 2 rooms).

Anyway, just accepted that and went up to the room.  I did check to make sure I was given a renovated room - which was confirmed by the front desk.

First time staying in a renovated room - in general it is a nice upgrade.  Room amenities was ok, my main complain was the bath room.

- the shower door/area designed very badly - basically no proper holder for toiletries - either placing them on the floor, or try to keep them balance in the soap holder or if small enough placing them on the narrow space next to the glass panel.

- the shower door opens outwards and made so low that placing the floor towel in front of the door means it gets pushed away into a ball (I just decided to place it at the edge of the swing of the door so at least it still remains in shape to be used

- zero place to hang any towels/clothes besides the handle bar of the shower door and the toilet door

What I found rather weird/funny - not sure on the purpose - but there was a plate of bananas in the room (just 2)- which I am not sure if it's a welcome plate or just a normal item as part of the executive room.  In any way, a rather pathetic effort for either case.  It looked so random (like they forgot to take it away from the last guest when it was a true fruit bowl)

Lounge was the same.  For me I tried actually for the first time the main restaurant for breakfast - although busy (as expected), they do seem to have some recognition for elite members (they place some edible chocolate with your elite level on the table) - and I sense slightly better service level from the staff (not sure how true is this).

All in all an ok stay again - again this is coming with a low expectation.  At least what looks to be promising is that in ~2 years time, there will be a HGI coming up opposite the current ICONSiam - seems to be the annex to the current ICONSiam.  I do understand that it will be a totally different service level - but if the price is right, I am ok to do away with the lounge, suites, etc and use the saved money to enjoy at the mall.

Dear nldogbert,

Greetings from the Millennium Hilton Bangkok!

Thank you very much for your loyalty and for choosing to stay at Millennium Hilton Bangkok and for taking the time to write us. We greatly appreciate any comments made by our guests and constantly strive to achieve the highest quality standards.

We please to learn that that you generally enjoyed your stay and appreciate you taking the time to let us know and on the other hand please allow me to apologize for the other areas where we have not met your expectations.This valuable feedback allows us to continually monitor and improve both quality of our products and standards of services provided.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We have been here several times in this fantastic hotel and every stay was awesome. Especially the executive lounge is better than anywhere else in the hilton-world. Even if the hotel was fully booked the stuff was always helpful, friendly and patient with the guests.
I wand to mention especially the stuff from the executive lounge, that was so friendly, that it feels like coming home!
So special thanks to Bem, Fye, Tuck, Parn, Yui, Mai, Pon, Wink, Grace, Miew and very special thanks to Ann who was generous and helpful in any situation and special thanks to Enjoy - she made us enjoying every drink :)

Date of stay: July 2019

Dear rtw-tester,

Pre-Arrival/ Check-In :
Upon arrival at the hotel reception (about 12 p.m), I was brought to 31st Floor for Check-In at Executive Lounge. Cold towel and drinks were provided, and they took my passport and credit card for check-in process. However I was told that the room was not ready yet, and they offer me coffee and proposed that I took a tour at nearby IconSiam, while waiting for the room. As I would like to have room with river view, I agreed to wait until 15 p.m.

Room/Amenities :
Received only an upgrade to King Premium Room, and not the usual Suite Upgrade as Diamond members. Room was newly renovated with Chao Phraya River view located on the higher floor. Toiletries are the typical Hilton which was from Crabtree & Evelyn. However there is nothing spectacular with the King Premium Room, as the room looks like Standard Hilton Room.

Facilities/Services/Benefits :
Executive Lounge is located on the Top Floor (31st Floor) with magnificent view overlooking the Chao Phraya River. The place to be for evening snack while enjoying the sunset. They will make your drinks by order and the staffs in the lounge were very attentive. I only have the evening snacks there as I had my breakfast in the Groundfloor restaurant as they have extensive food options. Breakfast was very good and they put a "sign" on your table acknowledging your Diamond HHonors status, and you realized that you receive "extra attention" from the service staffs.

I used the gym during my stay, but the machines are not of the latest technology, but sufficient to do your daily workout. I did try the Spa, however have the opinion that the maintenance was not properly done. Not the usual Spa standard of luxury hotel.
The pool however was spectacular with incredible view of the skyscrapers.

Location:
The property is located along the Chao Phraya River, which is convenient for sightseeing of tourist attractions along the river. I took public transport from the airport to the hotel, and I realized it was a mistake as you have to change 2 times in order to get to the hotel. Would recommend to take taxi from the airport (however traffic could also be really bad depending on your arrival time)

Check-Out:
Check-out was smooth without any hassle and I could do the check-out process at the executive lounge, as there was less traffic vs at the hotel lobby. Use Grab to get to the airport and the traffic was smooth as it was Sunday morning.

Summary:
A nice hotel to stay if your intention is to go for sightseeing along the river and just to have a city break. The hotel is located next to IconSiam (shopping mall) which is within walking distance.

The downside of the hotel is you have to cross the river if you want to go to BTS Skytrain station (and hotel shuttle boat only operates every 1/2 hour). You have to time your journey properly if you intend to take Skytrain, otherwise you have to wait to take the shuttle boat. This is the reason why I give a 4 Star rating for this review.

Room tip: Higher floor room with Chao Phraya River view
Date of stay: August 2019

Dear EMWTraveller,

Greetings from the Millennium Hilton Bangkok!

We appreciate you taking the time to provide such detailed feedback of your stay. Your comments have been shared with the relevant department heads and team members concerned. This valuable feedback allows us to continually monitor and improve both quality of our products and standards of services provided.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Be careful taking a taxi to the hotel from the airport. You can save a lot of time by traveling to the Sheraton and crossing the river by shuttle boat. Make sure you insist on the complimentary wi-fi. Depending on your passport you may only be greeted with a payment gateway. Can't fault the hotel on anything else. Rooms and breakfast was amazing!

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear S5737BRryanr,

Greetings from the Millennium Hilton Bangkok!

We appreciate you taking the time to provide such detailed feedback of your stay. This valuable feedback allows us to continually monitor and improve both quality of our products and standards of services provided.