“Great location with value for money”

Millennium Hilton Bangkok
Ranked #124 of 887 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed September 12, 2013

I use to stay at the Millennium whenever in Bangkok: great location at the river, with free Hotel Shuttle connected to Skytrain station Hakassan. Beautiful outdoor Restaurant and bar at the river and outdoor Bar with a view on the top floor. Friendly and helpful staff with the "no problem" attitude. All rooms are rather big with a view to the river. Unfortunately there is no good Thai restaurant, but luckily the great Thai restaurant of Mandarin Oriental is just cross the river...

Room Tip: upper floors with great view on Bangkok
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo

Reviewed September 11, 2013

...and that was one of the main reasons I liked our stay in this hotel.

I stayed here in October last year with my husband and siblings. While the hotel itself is quite dated, it still has an air of elegance on it, with its high ceiling and artistic design. They do have a very welcoming concierge team and doormen, who open doors for us with a smile. Reception was quite busy but not to the point that it will make you impatient.

We were then given connecting double and twin rooms on the 22nd floor with a fantastic view of the Chao Phraya river. The rooms are fairly sized with enough space, good furnishing and entertainment equipment. Bathroom is quite small but with good Hilton amenities. Beds are so comfortable We arrived around noontime and were able to sample the ala carte lunch at their spacious restaurant aptly called 'Flow'. At night time, we had a nice swim in their outdoor pool with again an awesome view of the river.

They have a very good Spa and massage facilities which I was not able to try due to lack of time but I was able to use their sauna and jacuzzi faciltiies in early morning.

Breakfast was always a true gastronomic experience as I have yet to see such wide range of breakfast offerings in other hotels -- everything's there from English to European to Asian fares, truly delightful.

There are several shops (though looked quite expensive) just outside the hotel but within its vicinity.

Like any other area in Bangkok, there are 2 or 3 '7/11' convenience stores nearby and there's a public market just beside the hotel, where you can buy necessities and quick meals.

We experienced crossing the river by the hotel's complimentary shuttle boat to go to the nearest shopping mall named 'River City' situated just opposite the hotel on the other side of the river, where we also tried some local delicacies in a Thai restaurant.

On our last night, we planned to have dinner and some drinks al fresco in their 32nd floor bar 'Three Sixty Lounge' but since it drizzled, we opted to just have it last minute, the Chinese way at Yuan restaurant, which was actually an excellent dining experience due to its delicious food and very friendly and efficient staff.

It actually rained a lot when we were there but that did not stop us in exploring Bangkok. The hotel is situated a little far from the busy area of the city. The river actually separates them from the central city area, where the huge shopping malls are located. But don't be discouraged as fare via taxi and the motorized three-wheelers "samlaw" (more popularly known as 'tuk-tuk') is very cheap. Imagine a ride crossing a bridge from the temples area (Wat Pho, etc) back to the hotel costed us only TB 45 or around USD1.40. To reach the busy area we mainly used their Bangkok mass transit system called BTS and the Skytrain where fares vary according to distance. Try going to the shopping malls at night time and I am sure you will also enjoy it (esp when we chanced upon a South Korean night market where we able to buy clothes, shoes and accessories at discounted prices). Though I heard so much about it, we totally skipped a visit to the red light district.

Bangkok actually is one of the cheapest city I have been and with a good overall experience, I will definitely come back to visit and stay here again with my family.

Room Tip: Request for a high floor, river view room.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Martika1214
HiltonBangkok, Hotel Manager at Millennium Hilton Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2013

Dear Martika1214,

WOW! I cannot express how much we appreciate your comments and your wonderful feedback. The room was filled with smiles and delight when I shared this comment to the team. Sound like you were having a great time in Bangkok and Millennium Hilton Bangkok even it rained a lot when you were here.

I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay and found our fantastic river view, swimming pool, breakfast and Yuan Chinese Restaurant to your liking.

From the team here, it was our pleasure to have you with us and it is our hope that we will be able to accommodate you and your family again in the near future.

p.s. please don’t forget to take advantage of our eforea spa when you come back next time!

Reviewed September 10, 2013

Great hotel, rooms, staff and facilities. Stayed here in September 2013 for a business conference and the ONLY thing that I can fault them on was that a couple of times it took asking two or three times for espresso at the breakfast. The roof top bar is one of the best in Bangkok in terms of view (and it's so often overlooked in favour of Sirocco or Vertigo). Business facilities are great and the rooms are good (both sides have a view over the river).

Not quite in the thick of things, but the free ferry over to the BTS across the otherside of the river makes up for it.

Top job Hilton!

Room Tip: Higher up floors have a better view, but either side have a great view over the river.
1  Thank cam_sydney4

Dear cam_sydney4,

Thank you for choosing Millennium Hilton Bangkok and for taking a moment to share your experience. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay and found our team members and facilities especially ThreeSixty Lounge to your liking.

With regards to your comment about speed of service during breakfast time, I am sincerely sorry for any inconvenience you may have experienced during the stay. In order to improve our services, I have shared your comment with the team to ensure comfortable stay for our guests.

We would just like to let you know that we've very much appreciated your comment. It was our pleasure to have served you and we literally cannot wait for your next visit!

Reviewed September 10, 2013

Since I had such experiences as below, I would not like to stay this Millennium Hilton hotel again.
When I checked out, a staff at the executive lounge told me that I was able to be directly transported to Royal Orchid Sheraton by shuttle boat, where I was going to check in, she only told me so and never escorted me nor called a bellboy, I was obliged to go down to a boat pier by myself with two heavy suite cases. After getting the boat, boat staffs let me get off at River City and let me walk to Sheraton by myself with two heavy suit cases.
There are lots of narrow stairs and steps from the pier to Sheraton. I had muck sweat.
Why not the boat didn't reach Sheraton pier, where Sheraton staff welcomes me, despite your executive lounge staff told me so?
If I knew in advance it was impossible to reach directly by boat, I would not have tried to go Sheraton by shuttle boat, but would have taken a taxi.
Why not the boat staff did not tell me that I was not able to reach Sheraton by boat in advance? They told me after arriving at River City pier. It was too late!!!
I felt great regret for being treated in such way at a high class hotel this time.
One more thing, the schedule of shuttle boat was not punctual. According to my experiences, especially between River City and Hilton, almost always 5-10 munutes delayed from the time table.

1  Thank Sukjai R

Dear Sukjai R,

Thank you for your insightful feedback regarding your recent stay at Millennium Hilton Bangkok. I am sorry to hear that your experience failed to meet your expectations. On behalf of all the staffs here at Millennium Hilton Bangkok, I would like to express our sincerest apologies.

Your comments regarding boat issue have been shared to all department heads and related team member for further improvement. From the check-out path at Executive Lounge, bell boy service, information and notification given prior to use of our facilities, as well as the punctuation of the boat schedule. Please rest assured that we are taking the appropriate measures to address the problem and prevent future occurrence.

We appreciate your comments as it is only through caring guests such as yourself and through your feedback that we are able to continually monitor and improve both the quality of our products and standards of services provided. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to better serve you in the near future.

Reviewed September 9, 2013

This was a very attractive high rise hotel with fabulous views. It was very high tech glamorous but not the quiet luxury of the Sheraton. The rooms were very tiny. Service was adequate. The restaurant was excellent with pretty views and the breakfast was excellent as well. It is fairly up the river with not too much around it. You have to take the water taxi, which is time consuming, to get to the metro or shopping or tourist locals. Would I stay there again? Probably not...there are nicer places.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear berniss,

Thank you for choosing Millennium Hilton Bangkok as your residence during your recent stay and for taking the time to provide us with your valuable feedback. Your feedback is an essential part of our efforts to continuously improve our services and facilities.

We are pleased to learn that you have enjoyed your stay at Millennium Hilton Bangkok. Your comments have been shared with to all department heads and related team member for further improvement.

Rest assured that our team members endeavor to make a concerted effort to achieve ultimate guest satisfaction and we hope to have another opportunity to welcome you in the not too distant future.

Reviewed September 9, 2013

This Hilton is located opposite the Chao Phraya river, although it's not near the shopping area, it's always my first choice to stay in Bangkok. It's still easily accessible by taxi or shuttle ferry, with the beautiful scene you will have in all rooms, it's really relax to stay here after a rush day in Bangkok city. the restaurant for breakfast is great I ever had in Bangkok hotels, and the swimming pool provides you a heaven to rest! You can enjoy a wonderful tea time in lobby which will not be crowded by super spacious. The staff are so nice and professional, you can request to access the swimming pool and gym room in case you are not able to extend the check-out time of the room. The bar lounge on the top level can let you to see the whole Bangkok~

Room Tip: all rooms are facing the river and the opposite, of course upper floor would be great!
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends

Dear Eric C,

I would like to thank you not only to have chosen Millennium Hilton Bangkok for your recent stay in October 2012, but as well for the positive review and comments you have made about our services and facilities. So glad you were able to experience our authentic Hilton hospitality.

Reviewed September 9, 2013

It is also a very good 5* hotel, the rooms are large and spacious and the decor is minimalistic, the only downsides that i found during my recent stay were that many taxi drivers did not know of this hotel due to it only recently opening after a 10 year period in which it lay dormant, also it is on the wrong side of the river!

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Sivaraj V,

Thank you for choosing Millennium Hilton Bangkok and for taking a moment to share your experience. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay and found our facilities to your liking.

With regards to your comment about lack of visibility to the local drivers, I am sincerely sorry for any inconvenience you may have experienced during the stay. In order to improve our services, I have shared your comment with the team to ensure comfortable stay for our guests.