The Millenium Hilton is the main Hilton location in Bangkok until their new Sukhumvit location opens. It is located on the river, connected to the town via a boat to the skytrain station. Here are my impressions:
Location: Beautiful views make the location almost OK, but given up to 25 minutes if you just miss the boat to get to the skytrain station, and then a 10-15 minute skytrain trip to the center, it can be a bit of a problem. Don't take a taxi, that could take hours. There is a small market just beside the hotel and a restaurant next to the hotel, that is not very good. There is not much in the area of interest.
Public areas: Flawless. They are immaculately clean, beautifully designed. The lobby is big and open with plenty of seating, free internet. the pool, while a bit small, is well designed and the whole area around the pool is great with plenty of seating, a bar and food available. The view is also great. And like all areas of the hotel, the service is great.
Service: Fantastic. Everyone is friendly, Khun BamBam, front desk supervisor is very friendly. Delivery of luggage was fast, extra pillows were provided quickly. The service in the restaurants are equally impressive, with water glasses never going empty and always a smile.
Rooms: i had an executive king. The room is small but very well designed. The one exception was the lack of anywhere to open my suitcase. The bed is amazingly comfortable, the bathroom, shower and jacuzzi tub are all nice. Plenty of water pressure, great view, writing desk, safe, closet. But the room was just too small. They have Executive Plus suites that are huge and amazing but too expensive for this traveler. Internet is fast but not free for anyone other than Hilton Diamond members. Cost is 450 baht per day. $15
Dining: I only ate breakfast in the hotel, and it was fine. There were plenty of choices, but things ran out fast and got replaced slowly. The fruit was fresh, the fruit juices were canned and not great. They made pancakes to order, omelets, noodle bowls, etc. The breads were good and there was a nice selection. They had dim sum, salads, sushi, noodles, eggs and the typical American, British, Korean and Japanese choices. it was very crowded and there were only a few empty tables. The dining options at lunch and dinner were numerous. They have an all-you-can-eat dim sum, a bakery, and a big buffet. The dinner buffet was extremely expensive at 1800 baht per person, or about $60 per person, and not that great. I did check it out and wouldn't pay $60 for it. There are much better buffets in town for the same price that offer a lot more. It certainly didn't look bad, but for the high price, not worth it.
Executive Lounge: I am a diamond member and got upgraded to the executive level and lounge. That meant I got afternoon tea, and a happy hour with unlimited free drinks, (not top shelf but totally acceptable), and finger food. I stayed last time at the Hyatt Erewan and did the executive floor, and the Hilton couldn't compare. The Hyatt had a full buffet that was a sumptuous dinner and drinks. Hilton offered nice drinks and a small spread, a few single-plated tasting things, fruit, crackers, cheese chunks. It just didn't add up to much and nothing was really good. It was very disappointing except for the drinks.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A stunning new ultra-contemporary hotel with absolute river views from every guest room. Boasting outdoor infinity pool, stand alone full service Spa and a dedicated Hilton Meetings floor. Eight restaurants and bars offer exquisite local and western cuisine and cocktails to suit every palate in indoor and outdoor settings. Complimentary shuttle boat to the heart of city runs until midnight and rennowned attractions such as Grand Palace, Reclining Buddha and the Temple of Dawn are just a short boat ride away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton EMEA, Booking.com, Agoda, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Millennium Hilton Bangkok reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Millennium Hilton Bangkok Hotel Bangkok
- Hilton International Bangkok
- Hilton Bangkok
- Bangkok Hilton
- Millenium Hilton Bangkok