Being A Hilton Hotel, we did expect a certain degree of quality and service - but sadly this was badly lacking.
At check-in the only 2 persons manning the desk were busy discussing/arguing with each other about something and though fully aware that customers were waiting, continued to ignore us and went on with their discussion, After a frustrating 3-4 minutes of watching this, I saw another person at the end of the desk and went to her - but she told me she was the concierge and sent me back to the 2 persons ... after another few minutes of waiting, they finally finished their conversation and then checked us in.
We stayed in Room 906 and sadly this was far from our expectations - We had booked through Booking.com and the description said "....ample work space. Amenities include a flat-screen cable TV, ....etc " (which is really pretty basic for any decent hotel) ... BUT the truth is that there was NO work space (as in a work desk that most good hotels have) ... there was just 1 round coffee table that you could use to eat/work or do whatever else you had to, on. The TV was far from Flat Screen - an ancient looking CRT TV (see photo attached) not even worth turning on.
MOST Shocking though was the condition of the toilet - It had ugly stains that had obviously been there for months due to improper cleaning (see photo).. on the 2nd day the flush would not work. And to top it all the next day housekeeping came in and took away the only 1 used soap we had and did not replace it with a new one - so when we got back at 11 pm and too tired to call and argue with housekeeping - we used bath gel to wash our hands
I dont know what Hilton is doing regarding QC Standards - but someone from Head Office needs to take a serious look at the Millenium.
The Only redeeming factor is the excellent buffet breakfast ... but nowhere near enough to convince me to ever go back to this hotel again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A stunning new ultra-contemporary hotel with absolute river views from every guest room. Boasting outdoor infinity pool, stand alone full service Spa and a dedicated Hilton Meetings floor. Eight restaurants and bars offer exquisite local and western cuisine and cocktails to suit every palate in indoor and outdoor settings. Complimentary shuttle boat to the heart of city runs until midnight and rennowned attractions such as Grand Palace, Reclining Buddha and the Temple of Dawn are just a short boat ride away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Agoda, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Hilton EMEA, Travelocity, Orbitz, HotelQuickly, Hotwire, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Millennium Hilton Bangkok reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Millennium Hilton Bangkok Hotel Bangkok
- Hilton International Bangkok
- Hilton Bangkok
- Bangkok Hilton
- Millenium Hilton Bangkok