“Value for Money - Great Staff!”
Review of Urbana Langsuan

Urbana Langsuan
Ranked #256 of 1,192 Specialty Lodging in Bangkok
Baroda
“Value for Money - Great Staff!”
Reviewed November 15, 2012

We had a family stay here and had a very good experience. There was a little glitch in the pick-up from the airport but was more of a communication lapse with the driver. Nevertheless, the staff was quick to apologize and upgrade us to a higher category. The place was just ideal with all the necessary amenities and appliances. Chit Lom (Chidlom) and Ratchadamri stations are walking distances but the hotel also provides free Tuk-Tuk service with prior booking. While it is tucked away far from the noises, the best shopping areas are very close by.

Breakfast was good and we also ordered dinner all nights from room service. Very well prepared and served.

The swimming pool on the 33rd floor may need a little frequent cleaning but offers a great view of the skyline.

The icing on the cake was the out of the way help that was offered by Mr. Ton towards the end of the visit with regards to a little extension in stay.

All in all a great experience and we strongly recommend Urbana Langsuan for a great value-for-money stay and worry-free experience.

Room Tip: Higher the better. We stayed in Tower B and had no problems for noise at all. I'm sure it's...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Arjun-Baroda

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed November 12, 2012

I have been staying in this hotel for 5 days. And can't wait to check out.

We stayed at room 0206 (second floor), my request one month ago for high floor was not granted, reason they were fully booked..

The condition of the room was bad. Broken kitchen tap, lights were out & had to get technician to fix it, the air-con was leaking. And because 'we' were on the second level the noise from the drive-in was terrible during the nights.

The service staff at the breakfast was bad. We had to keep asking for coffee & tea, and the restaurant was pretty empty. And they don't greet or smile at their guests.

The only staffs whom are polite & great are the concierge.

• Stayed November 2012
1 Thank DLYSan
UrbanaHospitality, General Manager at Urbana Langsuan, responded to this review, November 12, 2012
Dear DLYSan,

Thank you for sharing your feedback following your recent stay at Urbana Langsuan.

Please accept my sincere apologies with regards to the special request that the hotel was unable to guarantee. I am equally disappointed that we could not provide the room on higher floors upon your check-in due to the high occupancy on that period.

Kindly allow me to address that I have personally inspected your room #0206 and would like to inform you that the points mentioned has been taken care of. The restaurant is our service provider, I will certainly pass on your comment to the restaurant manager for future improvements.

Thank you for your kind comments on our Concierge staffs, I have shared them with the team already. Please give us another chance to be of your service and I very much look forward to welcoming you back to Urbana Langsuan in the near future.

Kind Regards,
Ophaphan Wangmontri
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed November 6, 2012

I visit Bangkok at least three times a year for vacation. This time although I stayed there for only three days, I was still very satisfied with the excellent service from this hotel's staff, comfortable apartment & good location! Just a little bad thing is the toilet problems - bad smell & no flushing water! However, the staff fixed the problems at once! I'd like to take this opportunity to give a special thanks to Ms Toom for her professional & excellent service to me & my friends. She was kindly showed me the 3-bedroom type of room, which made me to plan my next trip in Bangkok with my friends now! Hope I can see her again next time!
I hope my suggestions could help - increase the frequency of the tuk tuk service & try to fix the noise from the air-con!

Room Tip: It's good for two couples to book 2-bedrooms apartment as there are two toilet (one for public...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Doha
Reviewed November 4, 2012

Great location. Looked like a very elite neighborhood. The apartments were very good size. Service was good. Definitely very good value for your money. lose to the shopping malls - Siam Paragon, MBK, etc.Will come here every time i visit Bangkok from now on.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed October 20, 2012

We had some reservations after reading some of the reviews by other travellers and kind of worried as we are gonna make this place our home for the next 7 days. We arrived at the apartment past 1:30am and checking-in was fast and smooth. The apartment was up to standard except sometimes they have forgotten to refill our drinking water and the shower gels etc. Newspapers were delivered every morning without fail before or by 7:30am. House-service was fast as they attended to our request - good job :D

Interesting daily breakfast, alternate days with western and asian main courses. Dishes were always refilled either freshly cooked or baked. I would like to mention this particular person (Lek) from the restaurant "nine to twelve" who served us and remembered our drink orders right from day one till then end of our 7 days stay. He is always smiling, attentive and always on the lookout to the diners' need. I feel strongly that he should be recongised and commended for his passion in his area of work. Keep up the good work Lek ! A 5 STAR for you.

Counter staffs and door men were always on the ready to help, offered advice to any enquiries. Urbana Langsuan should be given a 5 stars for service, 4.5 for the accomodation & breakfast. I would highly recommend this place as it is located in a safe and quiet area. Not forgetting it is also every near the BTS and shopping area.

Thanks to every staff at Urbana Langsuan, you made our family trip enjoyable and a memorable one. We will be back soon.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank PatChan37
Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed October 8, 2012

We stayed there for one night as we often choose to treat ourselves for a nice weekend away from hoem and in a nice hotel. The property Urbana is nice and has real pitential to be a top hotel among the big names but it fall short on lack of effective service and cleanliness. The bed sheets were ols and worn and the tirels in the bathroom and kitchen become moldy. The food and beverage selections are poor and the service is a little so but friendly. The reason it is slow seems to be understaffing. Spa is ok but again when we wanted to book they said fully booked and not enough staff.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Joe C
Zaki B, Group General Manager at Urbana Langsuan, responded to this review, October 10, 2012
Dear Joe C,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your valuable feedback.

I am very concerned to hear of the unpleasant experiences during your stay and I am very sorry that you had been let down by the services of our staffs and the hotel facilities.

Please allow me to address that Urbana Langsuan is currently undergoing the rebranding process and soft refurbishment of guestrooms and would be completed very soon. Kindly be informed that I have taken all necessary actions to solve all the issues that you had faced and mentioned in review. Please accept my sincerest apologies for any inconveniences caused to you.

Thank you for taking the time to share the experience at Urbana Langsuan during your stay and I look forward to another opportunity of welcoming you again in the future.

Best Regards,
Zaki Baz
Group General Manager
Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed October 1, 2012

I've stayed all over bangkok and this hotel is a true gem! It's about a 10 minute walk to the Chit Lom Bts, but it's down a very nice, safe street. 2 7/11's on the way, and a few good noodle stands. The breakfast is overpriced, but the rest of the hotel was spectacular.

I booked it when it was on sale and I really wish I would have stayed there longer. The hotel staff was very professional. The room had a nice kitchenette and even included a washer/dryer with detergent. It was great to have so much room at a hotel in bangkok. The tv programming was great and catered to westerners.

Pool: unbelievably nice. Unfortunately, it rained everyday, but it was sooooo beautiful to be on the roof of this hotel with an infinity pool.
Fitness room: perfect! Great staff and had everything you needed for a work out. Water and towels are provided. The fitness room has a great panoramic view of the city

Room Tip: Get an executive suite
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Zaki B, Group General Manager at Urbana Langsuan, responded to this review, October 5, 2012
Dear ProperZ,

Thank you for your recent stay at Urbana Langsuan and for taking the time to write us a wonderful review!

I am very pleased to learn that you had a comfortable stay in our Executive Suite and enjoyed the full kitchenette, room amenities and outdoor facilities that we provide. I am also delighted to hear that the TV programs we have carefully selected were to your liking. It is encouraging for us to read that the service of our staffs was very professional, at Urbana Langsuan, the customer service is our main priority and we thank you for such compliments.

I and my team very much look forward to welcoming you back at Urbana Langsuan in the near future.

Best Regards,