“Never stay in this hotel again”

Sawasdee Banglumpoo Inn
Ranked #796 of 858 Hotels in Bangkok
Hanoi, Vietnam
“Never stay in this hotel again”
Reviewed August 29, 2012

We booked this hotel for 2 nights by hotel.com.The rooms were very small and not easy for those Europiens and Americans. The staff were not friendly,specialy a thin female staff with a dark face has a angry feeling in all time ,With that things they had made a bad imagination ,and we did change to stay in other hotel. They earned from their clients so they should"nt have bad service .

Room Tip: There are more hotels in Khaosan road,Should stay off it about over 200m.ITs sure cheaper and bette...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Richard336

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
Reviewed August 19, 2012

Amazingly people stay in this place. It is anything but a hotel more like a rat infested, poor curtesy of staff. Thankfully only stayed here one night and then got out a soon as possible. overpriced and not a great a welcome to the Land of Smiles. Thankfully our next hotel was much better and the air con worked. don't stay here.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Taylor E

Travelers are raving about these Bangkok hotels

Reviewed August 7, 2012

DO NOT STAY HERE!!!!!! We booked the accommodation online before we arrived in Bangkok because it looked okay for the price and the location! We failed to read the reviews wish we did! We arrived early in the morning and the staff were rude and didn't explain why we had to pay cash eventhough we gave credit card details online, our room was on the third floor and we had to haul our bags up with no lift and no attempt from staff to help and we were both female travellers!! On the stairs there were rubbish bags and the maids carts left in the corridor with cats running about! Our room was tiny no space for bags on floor the shower was a hole in the ground and cold! That night we were watching tv and a GIANT rat was crawling up and down the tv cables!! We immediately jumped on to the bed and ran out to find another hotel! We found a great one and returned to the hotel to say we were checking out they were so rude and refused to give us back any of our money eventhough we didn't spend a night there! I argued but no luck we just wanted to get out of that hell hole!!! Please don't stay there for your own good!!!!!!!! Try the Viengtai one street up, it's a little more expensive but so nice and clean and the staff are so helpful.

• Stayed August 2012
5 Thank K-dizzl
Greater Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 19, 2012

I would love to give this place 1 star for the AC not working in my room but everything else was fine so I gave it 2 stars.
I ended up moving to another hotel as I just could not handle the heat (It was hotter in my room than outside my room - anyone who has been to Bangkok before knows that is already really hot!)
Staff did charge for internet (which I booked another room with).
If the AC had worked I would have been ok staying here but that is just killer.

Room Tip: Get a room with working AC!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank Bengalgrl
Budapest
Reviewed July 17, 2012

Cheap food and beers, nice staff, puny and not so clean rooms...

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank Istvan T
Alamogordo, New Mexico
Reviewed July 8, 2012

Stayed here for a night while we stopped in Bangkok. The hostel is ok but they want to nickle and dime you for everything (e.g. internet, room keys, bedding). Room was ok, nothing to write home about but then again it is a hostel on Khaosan Road. However, the shower was pretty unique; there is no stall, you just use the sprayer in the same room as the toilet and it drains out in the middle which we thought was pretty trivial (in a good way). Location is nice in that its on Khaosan Road, but from experience I know the club that's RIGHT next door closes at 3 am. Would not recommend staying here if you have a 6 am flight..

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed June 21, 2012

This hotel is located in well known place "Khao San Road". This place is near by the Chaophya river only ten minute by walk and also have a small nice park beside this river. T relax with my favorite activities such as foot massage, Thai traditional massage and aroma spa. Furthermore, I went to the Grand Palace (amazing place), take a boat to the floating market, I can find the valued handicraff such as silver jewelry, leather. After shopping I go to drink at some beautiful bar and I go back to my accommodation after midnight. My room is quite small but clean. I can accepted cause I spend my money with worthwhile at this hotel.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo