“Good Experience of Staying”

Sawasdee Sukhumvit Inn
Ranked #533 of 887 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed August 16, 2012

We stayed here at the beginning of August for 4 nights, on the whole the hotel was clean, looked after and the staff were always friendly and helpful.
The location was fantastic for us as it is only a few minutes from the BTS which was what we wanted, and having a bar/food area outside was really nice to enjoy, with bar prices reasonable.

Whilst it is not the hotels fault I should comment on the road on which it is down, unfortunately it is dirty with rubbish and rats and not pleasant to walk down but we never had any trouble of any kind.

We were glad we stayed here and would recommend it to someone who wanted to explore bangkok and use it as a base and we found it good value for money as we had breakfast included and there was a reasonable breakfast menu and I enjoyed the pancakes.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Kslade86
SawasdeeHotels, Manager at Sawasdee Sukhumvit Inn, responded to this reviewResponded June 14, 2013

Dear Wolverhampton
Thank you to stay with us and Thank you once again for giving high score/good review on tripadvisor. Your review have been told to our staffs and they all like to say thank you on your kind my the way . We will never stop to bring all the customer review to improve and develop our product and service to keep most happiness to the guest during stay with us.

Looking forward to serve you soon in nearly future when you come to visite bangkok again

With Best Regards

Reviewed August 15, 2012

Too much expensive for Bangkok, but close to the BTS skytrain stop. It was the fourth time I booked this hotel. Unfortunately, this time everything was regrettable. The hotel web-site showed special promotion for "minimun stay two days", but nobody considered it! No elevator in the hotel and bed sheets were dirty (traces of sperm and urine), safe-deposit box in room not playing (and no discount for this!), noise in nearby rooms all the nights, noise on stairs all the time! Breakfast inadequate with few options of things to eat. At this price, I will never get this hotel any more.

Room Tip: book a superior room by the internet (cheaper than on site!), because if you don't, they will gi...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
6  Thank MareCeleste
SawasdeeHotels, Manager at Sawasdee Sukhumvit Inn, responded to this reviewResponded September 29, 2012

Dear Mareceleste
Thank you for your review on tripadvisor.We are very appologize that our room you has stay not very clean. we will indeed make a special mention to the team to ensuring that do more clean for you and our future guests .We appreciate your feedback of you and sincerely hope to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed August 14, 2012

Was looking for a place close to the bus-station, and this seemed nice, but I got a room right near reception and they decided to print out reams of paper on the dot-matrix printer (very noisy) starting at 4 or 5am. Also, I booked online and paid (a very small amount) extra to get a room with a window, but did not get one when I was taken to my room.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 30, 2012

Introduction
Sawasdee Sukhumvit Inn is the best Inn in the entire Bangkok in terms of location, cost, facilities as well as comfort. My recent trip which was my 6th trip lasted 14 days ( 18 July 2012 to 30 July 2012 ) which i stayed in the Sawasdee Suhkumvit Inn

Location
Being located in the Thong Lo district which is in the middle of 2 mega malls, one in Asoke ( Terminal 21) and another in Ekkamal (The Gateway) proved that its location is very convenance in terms of shopping for groceries, catching a movie, eating out and also the dinning at Japanese rich buffets along the busy streets (not to forget the widely available massages, dental care etc nearby)

Sawasdee Sukhumvit Inn is also a 5 minutes walk to the Thong Lo BTS which link directly into the heart of the shopping area of MBK, Platinum Mall, Central World and the Siam sisters mall. she is very accessible by foot, motorbike taxi, taxi as well as the BTS.

Comfort and Pricing
Sawasdee sukhumvit Inn is reason able in pricing and even more better if you manage to catch their special deals online. with or without their American breakfast, their rooms are cosy, air conditioned, there is a flat screen tv along with a dvd player which you can buy dvds and watch on the spot. a mini bar fridge and a private toilet which come with hot water. Rooms are also clean and livable. (please do not compare with the environment outside the inn)

Conclusion
As far as i know, Sawasdee Suhkumvit Inn have never let me down. their staff are welcoming and very helpful. She will always be the one Inn that i look out for when i make my next trip to Bangkok. Good job guys.

Room Tip: choose the rooms which are not too high, there isn't a lift and after the walking, trust me, cli...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Jonathan Sing .First of all , Thank you so much on your stayed with us and thank you for once again for good review . We 're glad that you like our hotel and service . We will try our best to keep the good standard of room quality and service and will not stop to develop everything we can to make our place more comfortable and worth to everyone to spend holiday with us .

Reviewed July 15, 2012

I booked it online and was quite worried as it was my first time that I was travelling with my Mother, so it had to be safe and decent. I was quite suprised (in a good way) when we got there as it was very close to the BTS (thong lo) like a 3minute walk and easy to find and the staff were quite helpful too. We stayed there for 3 nights and really enjoyed ourselves there. its a comfortable stay and the amenities work well and the staff are really nice and helpful. For the 1st night we stayed on the 3rd floor but after requesting for a ground flr room as my mother couldnt climb stairs as much , they helped out and we were really grateful. the breakfast is decent (not a buffet) but quite basic, nice and complete. the hotel is situated in an area which like all over bangkok has food stalls and massage parlours and due to the close proximity of the BTS (thong lo), travelling around bangkok was remarkably easy !!!... I was very happy with the hotel and the staff as since i was travelling with my mother, she remarked on how it felt safe and comfortable and helped in creating a good holiday. I will definitely be staying here again. !

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
SawasdeeHotels, Manager at Sawasdee Sukhumvit Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 2, 2012

Dear Savia R

With Best Regards

Reviewed July 5, 2012

A few things everyone should know about Sawasdee Sukumvit inn.
1. the hotel is more than 500 meters walk from thonglor mrt , beside that you have to walk across a big street on the way to hotel.
2. The breakfast hotel provide for you is American breakfast ( not buffet).
3. There is no elevator in the hotel.
4. Free wifi for customers.
5. You will get cheaper pirice if you book via internet.
6. The room wall was very thin, so you could hear voice from outside you room.
Overall I think it ' s ok , good value for money.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business

Dear Thanompong

We 're looking forward to see you again on your next holiday in BKK .

Reviewed June 29, 2012

I've stated in sawasdee hotels before and as always they are a good value for backpackers and people on a tight budget. For $26 a night you also receive a good set breakfast.
It's not the cleanest , it had little yellow geckos running around on the walls and those little ant bug things all over.
The location is close to thong Lo bts do that's a plus but there isn't much to see at night. Bathrooms here are the kind where you have the toilet and the shower in one compartment no separation at all (when you are having a shower the toilet floor gets wet). I stayed here for a week and probably would not stay here again. I will definitely find a $36 hotel. Again I only recommend this for people on a tight tight budget . It's an upscale hostel not a 3 star hotel

• Stayed: June 2012