Sawasdee Sukhumvit Inn
$318
$253
$465
  • Pool
All reviewshot water potyogurtcoffee machineper nightcorner roomhotel is situatedmetro stationfree breakfaststreet foodlothongluggagerefrigeratortaxis
Reviewed June 29, 2012

I've stated in sawasdee hotels before and as always they are a good value for backpackers and people on a tight budget. For $26 a night you also receive a good set breakfast.
It's not the cleanest , it had little yellow geckos running around on the walls and those little ant bug things all over.
The location is close to thong Lo bts do that's a plus but there isn't much to see at night. Bathrooms here are the kind where you have the toilet and the shower in one compartment no separation at all (when you are having a shower the toilet floor gets wet). I stayed here for a week and probably would not stay here again. I will definitely find a $36 hotel. Again I only recommend this for people on a tight tight budget . It's an upscale hostel not a 3 star hotel

• Stayed: June 2012
Reviewed June 24, 2012

I think we got more than what we expected!

Rooms were compfortable and cozy.. Staff was friendly but would have been grt interacting with them in case they knew a lilltle more English... The best two things about the hotel :

-Location: About 500 mtrs from Thong Lo BTS which makes this place almost centrally located from anywhere in bangkok :)))
- Breakfast: with 6-8 choices of set meals for breakfast.. this hotel offers breakfast at par with any of the star hotels ... loved it...

All in all a great place to stay if u love to walk[A walk on Soi 53 can be fun].. want a quiet place.. want to explore Bangkok through One Day BTS Pass ....

Cheers
Shruti

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Management response:Responded July 5, 2012

Dear Shruti
Thank you to stay with us and Thank you once again for giving high score/good review on tripadvisor. Your review have been told to our staffs and they all like to say thank you on your kind my the way . We will never stop to bring all the customer review to improve and develop our product and service to keep most happiness to the guest during stay with us.

Looking forward to serve you soon in nearly future when you come to visite bangkok again

With Best Regards

Reviewed June 12, 2012

I stayed at the Sawasdee Sukhumvit Inn, Bangkok a couple of years ago; I had forgotten about it until a few weeks ago, and I took a chance on it again during two Bangkok transit stops for a couple of days each. What a refreshing, lovely little hotel to stay at, at the end of a dead-end street. It's clean, quiet, very friendly, and inexpensive. The district of Prakanong, Sukhumvit Soi 57, is bright and bubbly, and a great part of the city to stay. Right near the BTS skytrain. I'd have no hesitation in recommending it absolutely. Sam McNally.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank JackBoise
Management response:Responded July 5, 2012

Dear Sam Mcnally
First of all. thank you so much to choose our hotel to stayed during BKK trip and thank you once again to wrote us a good review on tripadvisor. Your review is value us to be ensure that we are on the right way and we will keep this standard to be most satisfy to all customers

With Best Regards

Reviewed June 8, 2012

Well, Sawasdee Sukumvit Inn was actually a home for me for 8 nights. Food, staff and the logistics were super awesome. And I do consider this as a home because I felt really comfortable when I reached inside the hotel after a day packed with trainings and learning. I stayed in a deluxe room and it was averagely spacious and pleasant looking. you have the hot water facility in the loo, so no issues in having a bath even around 2 am, 3 am in the morning. i left almost all the goods i shopped, when i was going out of the room and everything was well secured and protected. Rooms were cleaned everyday. If I am given the chance of suggesting an improvement, i would say the staff must be taught English a bit more, at least to a level where they can communicate and understand the language clearly. There were only few people who can understand English, and had a bit of a tough time while talking with others. Apart from that everything was simply awesome.

And above all, the hotel charges were fairly economical.

Keep up the good work!!! :) I will definitely stay in your hotel when I visit BKK again.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Dakki_16
Management response:Responded June 29, 2012

Dear Dakki
Thank you to stay with us and your good review about your previously stayed. Your review have been told to our staffs and they all like to say thank you on your kind by the way. We will never stop to bring all the customer review to improve and develop our product and service to keep most happiness to the guest during stay with us.

Looking forword to serve you soon in nearly future when your come to visite bangkok again

With best regards

Reviewed June 4, 2012

Only advantage- Near to Thong Lo BTS skytrain metro station. Being in sukhumvit may be other! Rooms are ok but the buffet breakfast offered is not sufficient in either quantity of quality. A area hotel needs to change. Their group hotel in Pattaya-Sawasdee seaview is much better in this regard.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Management response:Responded June 29, 2012

First of all Thank you very much to choose. Our hotel to stayed during BKK trip and thank you once again for giving high score/good review to us. Your review is value us to be ensure that
we are on the right way and we will keep this standard to be must satisfy to all customers

With best regards