$116
$103
Hilton
  • Pool
Chatrium Hotel Riverside Bangkok(Bangkok)
$129
$520
$448
Hotels.com
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of $500/night.

All reviewsthong lorbudget hotelhot water potbus stationyogurtminute walkcoffee machineper nightcorner roomfree breakfasthotel is situatedstreet foodbtsrefrigeratortaxis
Reviewed October 29, 2011

I stayed in this hotel for the second time in 14 months time from October 15th to October 17th 2011. While in Thailand I always prefer Sawasdee Group as from October 13th to October 15th I stayed in Sawsdee Sabai in Pattaya. I loved Sukhomvit Inn for its walking distance from Ekamai Bus Station since I come by Bus from Pattaya which terminates at this bus station. I find this is a quite place yet just 5 minutes walking distance from Thong Lo BTS Station. This place by itself has many eating places and I normally walk to Asoke BTS station. This time they gave me a complimentary upgrade to superior room and I really enjoyed my stay here. Those who wants value for money, this is the best staying option while in Bangkok. I would continue to stay here every time I visit Bangkok.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled solo
SawasdeeHotels, General Manager at Sawasdee Sukhumvit Inn, responded to this reviewResponded March 22, 2012

Dear Terry jose,

On behalf of Sawasdee Group , we would like to say thank you so much for your kind of choosing to stay our chain both Bangkok and Pattaya . And thank you for your good review to us , your review was told to our team that make them happy on it .
We will never stop to develop our service and product to make all the customers get the most satisfy during stay with us .

We 're looking forward to service you soon in nearly future .

With Kindest Regards ,
Pittayakom Y.

Reviewed September 27, 2011

we stayed in this hotel for 2 night. the location is near from the BTS of thong lo, about 5 minutes walking. the recepcionist very helpfull but less friendly. the room was clean and provide hair dryer (love it). a little bit noisy i think, cause i can hear footstep, slammed door and some chit chat from my room

Room Tip: dont chose a room near the stairs
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled with friends

Dear FrancisscaY

Thank you to stay with us and your lovely review . We 're happy that you put our place to be your choice to return to . By the way , some of your point will be bring to talk to our team to find out how we can solve the problem as we expect the guests to having perfect stay on budget price .

Looking forward to serve you soon in nearly future.

With Kindest Regards.
Pittayakom Y.

Reviewed September 22, 2011

my wife and i have stayed here on a number of occasions in the past 3 years. it is ideal for short breaks, close to the centre of bangkok by skytrain, which is five minutes walk away. it is extremely quiet and may be described as dull, but it makes up for this by its quiet location, helpful staff and the high standard of the rooms for a small amount per night. the restaurant is not great, but ok for basic thai food, the breakfast is as you may expect, not really an english feast, but just ok, better to take the fruit option and the free salad bar. it still remains,for me, an ideal budget option in bangkok.

Room Tip: ground floor is better for all but the fit, because there is no lift. some of the rooms do not have windows, but for a short stay this is not a problem.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
Klinkhajorn L, Asst. Operation Manager at Sawasdee Sukhumvit Inn, responded to this reviewResponded September 23, 2011

First of all, we are pleased to thank you very much for your trusted and stayed with us. And thank you agian for your good attention to our hotel, however we'll not stop to developing our managerial(staffs, rooms, amenities, facilities, property, etc.) to the best in the furture. Finally, we are great to hear that you have come to stay with us agian and we'll wait to good serving you soon(the same).

Reviewed September 12, 2011

We stayed in this hotel last year for 4 nights and enjoyed our stay, the location is about 5 minutes walking to the BTS Skytrain of Thong Lo. We got a standard room without window on 2nd floor, the bed / mattress was hard but the room was clean even though small. The staffs were friendly and helpful. The rate was gone up from BHT 700 to BHT 1000 so that's why we chose other place to stay this year, the breakfast was ok, nothing really to choose from. One good thing was we heard nothing at night from the hectic traffic.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
Klinkhajorn L, Asst. Operation Manager at Sawasdee Sukhumvit Inn, responded to this reviewResponded September 24, 2011

Thank you for your kind mention about our hotel. This year we have to a little adjustment more room rate because of the current global economic volatility(hang on the situation). However, we have to be improve the quality of the service even better with is properly. We hope you are understand and stay with our hotel again in the further.

Reviewed June 18, 2011

My mom and I spent two nights here last July 18-20, 2010 as my birthday treat for her. First off it IS really just a small inn. and it IS stuck in a dead-end street (soy) where you have to pass thru some residential area. But one thing I learned over the few trips I had abroad, you just gotta brace yourself with the possible negativites of the new place you're going to; read reviews so you know what to expect. Which is probably why I was personally satisfied and actually pleased by this small but decent inn.

There was no elevator but we did ask their staff for help with the luggage. Plus I knew about the no-elevator thing from the start and so I asked for a room on the ground floor (my mom has asthma). Now the downside is they weren't able to give us one; we were given a room on the second floor so we still had to go thru the stairs. Though the upside is I was able to find out for myself later on that it is quite noisy on the first floor! So in the end I realized this was a blessing in disguise.

There were no more twin rooms available so my mom and I had to stay in a double room. I love the cheerful colors of the inn, especially our room :) Room size is small but adequate for us two. Bathroom was clean though again, small..When you shower the whole bathroom floor gets wet.. Door locks looked credible enough to me, but we brought our valuables with us whenever we go out of the rooms just in case, and lock our other essentials in our luggage. There was a water-heater for our coffee needs, enough coffe/cream/sugar sachets. No closet though, there was just this rod where you could hang your clothes. Our window was really small it was almost funny; nothing much to see when you look out anyway. Staff were helpful enough with our requests and questions. There is no wifi but they do have computers in the lobby where you could drop coins if you really need to go online. Breakfast was just right; not that much selection although the few that they had tasted realy good (as with most Thai food).

This inn is 10-15mins walk to the nearest BTS Thong Lo. You will pretty much feel the real Bangkok ambiance during this walk coz you will be right there with the locals, which was pretty much what we wanted anyway. Plus both me and my mom were not keen on spending much in a hotel since we mostly would spend the whole day out. All we wanted was a clean place to stay with clean restrooms, and near the BTS to allow us to go about easily. And for Sawasdee Sukhumvit's 20USD price, the room was quite a deal!

As a matter of fact, this was the same inn which we booked for my in-laws when they had their Bangkok trip by September 2010.. That was how satisfied I was with this inn. And they also thought the place was reasonable and good enough.

Don't stay in this inn if you are expecting 5-star hotel or even 3-star hotel treatment. It is a simple inn, almost like home. Comfortable enough if you are not the fussy traveler. I haven't been back to Bangkok yet since last year but I am pretty sure that when I do, I would not hesitate considering staying in this inn again.

Room Tip: don't get a room on the ground floor...
  • Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank twisted_bratinella
SawasdeeHotels, Customer Service at Sawasdee Sukhumvit Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2011

Dear twisted_bratinella

Thank you for your stay and take value time to wrote the Good review. We are delighted that you will stay again.We are apologize for your request about don't get a room on the ground floor.

Best Regards,