$116
Hilton
$129
$115
  • Pool
Chatrium Hotel Riverside Bangkok(Bangkok)
$129
$520
$447
Agoda.com
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of $494/night.

All reviewsthong lorbudget hotelhot water potbus stationyogurtminute walkcoffee machineper nightcorner roomfree breakfasthotel is situatedstreet foodbtsrefrigeratortaxis
Reviewed February 20, 2011

This hotel is advertised as a 4 star hotel. I have ttravvelled to Bangkok many times for business and this is the first time I stayed away from my usual hotel. Never again. The room I was booked into was small and the housekeepers forgot to close the windows after cleaning so when I arrived the room was full of mosquitoes. The foot of the bed was against the mini fridge/bar with the TV on top. A small chair was in the corner, you couldn't walk to it unless you climbed over the bed. The bathroom was small.The restaurant is outside with the smoking section right next to the tables. Not very enjoyable. At best this was a one star hotel. The room rate is overpriced. This is at best a 600-700 baht a night hotel.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank BKKtrvlr
Reviewed January 10, 2011

Sawasdee Sukhumvit inn hotel is great for the money. a/c is working verry good. water is hot when you need it.My girlfriend and I stayed here for 10 days and had no complaints.
staff was friendly and willing to help with anything. the hotel is located at the end of soi 57. no cabs come down the road because the road is a dead end. its good because their is no traffic or loud traffic noise. you only have to walk 1 minute to catch a cab. overall, great choice. i will make this my new location for future visits to bangkok. japanese bbq- 5min walk korean bbq-2min walk thai food- everywhere movies- 10 min walk.I recommend this hotel.We will come back.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 21, 2010

I have just come back from my 5 days Bangkok holiday. I stayed for 4 nights in this small hotel and were greatly impressed by the service, which is better than 5 star hotels in my own country. The hotel staff were soo friendly and are always with smile. The breakfirst was not a buffet, but was enough, both quality and quantity. It is true that the sound-proof is not very good, but that is not a problem for solo travellers like me, because all noises would stop at 11pm. The location is good, as it is only 3 minutes walk from the Thong Lo BTS station. Consider the low taxi rate in Bangkok, even though it is not in central city, it is still very convinient at late night.

I would recomment it to those who value service, not the facility. If you are looking for something fancy, please don't choose this one. But if you are just a economic traveller like me looking for a simple hotel with smiles, please go there!

The wifi is free in the lobby.

Also, from the station to the hotel, there is a good massage shop, which only cost 100B for one-hour Thai massage, soo cheap and good!

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed July 28, 2010

This is a no-frills, good value, small hotel in a quiet Soi in a convenient location for the BTS Skytrain. The main downside is the that the number of guests greatly increases the noise within the hotel at night. The noise issue is due to the hotel having a central stone stairway (no lift) that all rooms are near and which is very noisy all night with guests coming and going. As Bangkok has a busy nightlife guests tend to come back at all hours and the stairwell acts as a huge amplifier for feet and loud talking. We stayed here 3 nights and only on the second night was it reasonably quiet as few guests were in residence.
Other than that the hotel is good value, pretty clean and the staff quite efficient. We drove to this hotel and were told that there was parking which was only half true. There is parking for one car directly in the street outside the hotel, so if you are looking for shade and security for a vehicle not a great choice.
The coffee at breakfast was truely awful - three days in a row. Breakfast was otherwise OK and included in the price, as was free WiFi.

Although the hotel

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed July 19, 2010

Aiming for a different pace for our Bangkok holiday, my sister and I opted to book a hotel not in Pratunam area where most of the shopping is concentrated. While staying at Sawasdee Sukhumvit Inn, we were glad we made that choice. The pace is less harried, touts are nowhere in sight and the food choices were plenty, especially if you cross the BTS to Sukhumvit 38 for the hawker-style eateries. Getting around is also a breeze with the metro just a few steps away from the hotel.

The continental breakfast options at the hotel were adequate for us, just enough to kickstart the day. We had ample cups of coffee and juice to energize us til mid-day. The staff were friendly and helpful. On one instance, the bellboy checked our fridge when we checked in and lo and behold, he found used items inside from the mini-bar. If he hadn't checked, we could have been charged for the half-empty Evian and beer! Whew!

For internet service within the hotel, if you didn't bring your laptop, you can use the workstations in the lobby. A 15-minute use of the service only costs 10baht! It's coin-operated so just have those coins handy as you surf, chat or check emails.

To sum it up, our stay at this hotel was very satisfactory. I'll try their other place, Sawasdee Langsuan Inn, if I need to be near Chidlom or Silom. But this one in Thonglo is a gem!

• Stayed: July 2010