“DON'T BOOK AT THIS HOTEL” 1 of 5 stars

Park Hotel Bangkok
Park Hotel Bangkok
Ranked #764 of 823 Hotels in Bangkok
Oakland, California
“DON'T BOOK AT THIS HOTEL”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2013

This was the worst hotel I ever stayed at. The bed was concave and at least 20 years old. No hot water. Bugs in the room, leaky pipes in the bathroom. Also there is a night manager who insists on 400 baht payoff if you want to bring a guest to your room. Absolutely the worst place I ever stayed at. Oh, and they insist on a 1000 baht deposit at check in.

Room Tip: don't book at this hotel. It's the worst
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank Abby L

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
uk
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

This hotel was probably at the upper end of Bangkok hotels when it first opened in the 1970s. Indeed one of the few redeeming features of it, is it is a bit like stepping into a time warp. The restaurant would certainly do for a film set in this period with its high chairs and mirrored bar. Other than that what can I say? The rooms are dirty, the staff zombiefied beyond caring, the air con noisy, the rooms dusty and smelling of smoke. We stayed here one night at the walk in rate of 1600baht as we were a bit stuck for a place to stay. Breakfast is an amusing experience - I'll not ruin the surprise for those who choose to stay here. The thunder and lighting on our departure about summed up the Adams Family type experience of this hotel. Amusing for one night but I can safely say I won't be returning!

• Stayed October 2013
2 Thank indogeorg

Travelers are raving about these Bangkok hotels

Pushkar
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

This is a standard business-type hotel, you don't really feel you are in Thailand, but the rooms are spacious, A/C and TV work well, comfortable bed with soft and clean sheets. For the price one could do a lot better however it is in a good location with easy access to airport and shopping centres. Very average, functional.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Donatella65
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

What a hole! Obviously once nice but gone to the dogs. Chose it only because tired and desperate and did not check properly. Firstly 1,600-00 baht for one night is outrageous for this grot-pit, but at least the receptionist who was very pleasant, kindly and honestly warned me that there was no hot water!!. 600 baht would still be a rip-off!. Hotel is dirty, rooms stink, and very old and dated.
Where to start??? Main points only... I have never ever seen so many filthy carpets in one place. Rooms full of mosquitos, bathroom old and grotty, everything worn and old. Did not risk the pool although it did look clean. Place looks great from the outside and the looby looks not too bad. Its just the rooms and the dark dankness of the place. It is however in a fantastic location for everything. Pity as i am sure this was once a great hotel. Moved around the corner to a smaller but much, much better and cheaper hotel after one unpleasant night.

Room Tip: find a different hotel
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
2 Thank KingKoong
Indore, India
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

I have seen such hotel in horror movies only. I paid 1300 baht including breakfast. Guest charge 400 baht, no drinking water. Mini bar provided. Breakfast I missed as I dont want tto experience. I was the only customer in hotel. Very very old hotel. Everything was very old bathtub, tabs, shower, carpet, bed, towels, phone, aircondition, bed linen, pillows, lift, reception, curtains, tv, etc etc.

• Stayed March 2013
2 Thank sunilramchandani
Male
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013 via mobile

Hotel is smelly, dirty rooms, stain on the carpet.. lobby area is dark and smell bad. No free water in the room. You have to pay 40baht for a small bottle of water.bad smells from pillows. Stains on bed linen.Old towels. Old wash basin and bath tub. No lights on walk ways. Will never stay there................

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank ahmsaa
melbourne
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2012

I recently stayed and there customer service has dropped dramatically , firstly they didn't have my booking, I for there late and they insisted I pay for my stay up front ( up front in Thailand wtf) I wasn't sure how long I was staying so I refused they then turned there back on me weren't going to check me in.I went out to an ATM and payed for 3 nights, I dint want breakfast included bad luck for me as you have to pay 500 baht for a Brekky I wouldn't feed to my dog.
Any way I bit the bullet as I have stayed there a few times before and I love the location, I eventually moves out after 6 nights I was sick of. Constant harrassment you pay room know or you check out very rude:( anyway I went to check out and they tried to rip me for my mini bar I had to restock the water and other items as they didn't then they had the audacity to charge me, I had to pay as they had a deposit for my security deposit box and I couldn't access it until I payed, all my important papers were locked away so I payed and had a few choice things to say.
I was really dissapionted as I've stayed before they remembered me from last time I've never had a problem before but I will never stay there again never.
On leaving the ladie at the counter said goodbye see you next time with a smart smile I had to loose face and walk out very quickly.

• Stayed February 2012