“Not too good, old & dirty,”
Review of Park Hotel Bangkok

Park Hotel Bangkok
Park Hotel Bangkok
Ranked #791 of 858 Hotels in Bangkok
Newcastle, Australia
“Not too good, old & dirty,”
Reviewed October 2, 2011

Stayed there for 2 nights late Sept 2011, location was good near the Nana Skytrain,. Reception was ordinary ( the ones that served me anyway) rooms very old & seemed a bit dirty, bathrooms taps broken & hard to turn off water, No wifi in rooms only in recpection & at a cost, slow & bad connection. The breakfast was TERRIBLE, they give u a ticket at reception b4 u go to restaurant, u have a choice of 2, on a printed card, i got bacn eggs & toast coffee, Toast was cold and hard, eggs were like rubber , bacon was chewy coud eat any of it , seemed like it was ll cooked hrs earlier, i went down rd & paid for breakast elsewhere,
its in a good location but thats all it has got , probably was once a good hotel but not anymore, next time i will look elsewhere, for the price it was way too much for what was on offer .

Room Tip: iam sure u can find a better hotel for same price , in similar location
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank Gary094

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
London
Reviewed April 11, 2010

Please do not make the mistake of ever going to this hotel!!! Why we never read up about it before checking in is beyond me...but i have learnt a huge lesson from this experience.

Like the other review mentioned, we were greeted by the rudest and meanest people in the whole of thailand. A board outside mentioned the room rent as 9,800 B...but when we enquired at the reception the clerk asked for 2000 B. So, we though that it seemed a steal for a hotel with an impressive lobby!

But when i asked to see the room the hotel clerk flatly refused. Then i asked him to see the cloak room since we wanted to keep our bags the next day and he said that it was locked and couldn't show it to us until next morning. But then sensing our discomfort, he finally agreed to let one of us see the room.

Inspite of a stuffy corridor which looked like there wasn't another soul on the floor...the room was quite nice looking. And being exhausted from a tiring day in the city, we decided to check in. However, the next twist was that they asked us to sign on a blank sheet of paper saying that the printer was out of order. Not thinking much then..i signed! And this was the first big mistake.

Then he unfriendly hotel bell boy took us to the room without as much offering the carry our comb! However by now we were fairly worried about what was going on. So, the first thing i did then was get online and check the review on tripadvisor.com. Which is when it dawned upon me what we had gotten ourselves into. And giving them my signature on a blank sheet of paper had led us into their trap!

So, then we decide to head down and ask for our receipt, just to make sure that we were not over reacting to anything. But by the time we got down, the desk clerk had changed an ntimidating woman had taken his place. So, when we ask her for the receipt she gives us one...but that has no hotel name on it and says that we have paid 3000B as deposit. There is no mention of the room rent paid or the balance to be paid. Also, a new standing sign on the reception desk reads 'Double room 9,800 B'. And when we asked her why the receipt was printed incorrectly, she pretended to know nothing about it and told us to speak to the cashier the next day since he had already left for the night.

So, now we were sure what was going to happen. Not only could we be made to cough up 9,800 B for our stay...since we had no proof to contest otherwise. But our signatures could also be used onto a the room service bills of an infinite amount.

This was a very scary situation. And you don't want to get involved with the bangkok police in such matter since they are usually hand in glove with such hotels. Luckily for us, out passports were with us and the information on the forms were incorrect..except for the signatures!

So, after calling up a thai friend that we had..who told us that the best situation was the get out as soon as possible since this hotel was notorious! So, rather than wait until next morning...we decided that it was only option we had. Thankfully for us, most of our baggage was at our thai friends place...so we came down with out day packs and were most happy to run away without taking our security deposits.

All i can say is...please don't make the mistake of staying at this hotel ever...or any other hotel for that matter without reading enough reviews about it! We were lucky to be in a situation that we could escape easily...but you or we ourself might not be in the same position each time!

Take care..be safe.

David Sampson

Stayed January 2010, traveled with friends
5 Thank travelbugg5

Travelers are raving about these Bangkok hotels

India
Reviewed March 11, 2009

I had been to this Hotel as part of my Honeymoon in Thailand and frankly saying it was nightmarish 2 nights we spent there.
Starting with our entry the reception staff ( extremely rude ) asked us to payup a 1000 TBH deposit for our room. ( We had paid up all in advance and they took this to secure them from us stealing any stuff from the room ). Having done so, we were taken to our room which was smelly and stuffy to its core and to top it all the toilets really bad.
The next morning we went for breakfast at the hotel cafe and unfortunately left our bag there and suddenly realised our missing bag. When we went to get it back, the hotel staff had already opened it and were going through our stuff. Luckily we got there in time or else our stuff would have definately got stolen.

Our exit was even worse. Incidently some calender they keep in the hotel rooms was not there when we were checking out. They were not ready to refund our deposit. I told them to check my luggage if they want to. It was very unpleasant as people spend $2000-3000 for taking an international holiday and are given such a treatment without even putting a thought!! Anyways after some discussion we were handed over our deposit,
Do they call themselves a 3-4 Star Hotel with no room cleaning service for 2 days, the same breakfast , such horrible and rude staff, no one to pick up our luggage.
I have so much more to write but just controlling myself.
Anyways I would sincerely advise all travellers NOT to stay here.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Spartacus273
Sweetwater, TN
Reviewed December 27, 2008

The receptionist at the front desk was the rudest hotel receptionist, whom I've ever met in my life. She acted as if I was doing her a favor by staying there.

When I was checking out the hotel, I asked for transportation assistance for the van service to Suphanburi. The signs, mentioning the van service, posted in the hotel had nothing to do with the van to Suphanburi. Instead, the hotel staff tried to convince me to pay 5000 Baht for a cab to Suphanburi. When I said no, the hotel staff argued with me.

On of the drivers allowed me to use his phone, so I could call my contact in Suphanburi. After briefly speaking with him, they grabbed the phone from me and hung up on him. They said I could use the phone for another TWO minutes for 20 BAHT.

I asked the receptionist for permission to use the hotel phone and she very rudely said no. The hotel "van" drivers kept arguing with me, saying the van would cost 5000 Baht.

The hotel management witnessed the whole incident and did absolutely nothing.

I left the hotel and went to the bus station.

The bus to Suphanburi cost me 80 Baht.

• Liked — NOTHING!!! Even the experience about checking out was awful.
  • Disliked — Read my review~
  • Stayed October 2006, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank JoeRussillo
Melbourne
Reviewed June 22, 2008

by Richard Ballam from Melbourne, Australia, 22 Jun 08Simple question, but no management answer

“I've previously (2005, 2006) stayed at the Park Hotel and enjoyed my times there. Service and facilities ranged between acceptable to fine. Location is their best asset.

Last year I stayed there briefly in November 2007 and found only a manually operated TV in my room! Reception staff and Manager advised that ALL rooms were without a TV remote control, but were unable to provide a convincing explanation as to why this was so. Quite odd! Especially since the TV's in the rooms I occupied in 2005 and 2006 were all remote-controlled and working well enough.

I'll be returning to Bangkok very soon (July 2008) and have written four (4) similar emails to their management, politely requesting updated information i.e. are their TV's now equipped with remote control units in each room? Anything else these days would be absurd.
A simple question ... should get a simple answer, right? You'd think so, but no answer whatsoever to ANY of the 4 similar emails, despite their generic, automated response to the first two emails, assuring me of a reply to any comments or questions within two ( 2 ) business days. Now they're not even sending automated responses acknowledging receipt of my subsequent emails, and still nothing after 28 days!
Total silence.

Looks like my days at the Park Hotel are over ...”

• Liked — Excellent location to most things - comfortable rooms
  • Disliked — Room carpets need more cleaning, room A/C's a bit old + noisy, occasional cockroaches.
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed January 25, 2008

The Park Hotel is a very old outdated hotel that has poor service. We told the front desk that there was no hot water. So they turned it on for us and told us to wait at least 30 minutes for it to heat up. Later in the day after shopping we wanted to take another shower but again the hot water was turned off. The TV had no remote control until we asked for one. The room had no blow dryer. We had to ask for that too and was given a very old 700 watt one. The desk staff and the manager poorly handled the problems by ignoring us at the front desk. It took 1 hour and 35 minutes just to resolve the problems. The buffet breakfast was below average compared to the other hotels that we stayed. The only good thing about the hotel was the location. Although I would not stay in that location if you have kids.

We truly enjoyed our trip to Bangkok and the other cities and islands. There are several great places that we stayed. I just wish I had checked this site and had a list of ideas prior to arriving in Bangkok.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — You have to always ask for hot water every time you want to use it.
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Mulholland
Cali
Reviewed January 5, 2008

Do not stay here!!!
Booked a single and got two single beds in a dated dirty place. Receptionist "Poo" is probably the most hostile person I've met in a long time. Rooms have bed bugs and stay clear of the breakfast!! Better to move down to Soi 11 or so. Soi 7 is borderline "Ho" central. Only good point is the BTS at end of Soi 7. Woudn't stay again if they payed me!!

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — bed bugs
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled solo