“I stayed here for 5 nights”

Majestic Grande Hotel
Ranked #159 of 867 Hotels in Bangkok
Ko Samui, Thailand
“I stayed here for 5 nights”
Reviewed April 6, 2014

this hotel is located in central off Bangkok.very near by big shopping mall and BTS sky train.Very good room and service.every one staff is very friendly and helpful.I will definately recommend to my friends.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (273)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
Noida, India
Reviewed March 30, 2014

i stayed here for 2 nights with family good rooms good location clean rooms
good room service closer to grand palace, reclining buddha all the malls at siam
near metro station however was dissapointed with the staff not cooperative and friendly
i was on a family vacation with my daughter we hardly got help from the tour services too costly
wont give correct advice

Room Tip: take rooms with city view from higher floors awsome sight of traffic and lights walk in front of t...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
leicester
Reviewed March 23, 2014

Went before (about 4 years back) so decided to come back which was bit of disappointment
As looks the standards have come down from the previous faultless. In particular the leisure
(Pool ,sauna steam) where the cleaniness needs to be improved .the steam was out of order
For all 3 days we were there and no staff on this side. Would say that needs maintenance and upgrading as looks a bit tired
The breakfast was still very good and the location excellent

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Coventry, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 22, 2014

This hotel is located in centre off Bangkok, it's around 30-45 minutes from airport depending if you take toll road or not, taxi should cost around 600 bhat.

On arrival check in was very easy and pleasant, staff were English speaking and made us feel welcome, make the most of your free complimentary drink at the bar. The room was of very good size, with a nice big tv with some very good English channels, complimentary fruit bowls was in my room and then another was brought up which was a nice touch, complimentary bottle of waters also in room, room was clean and tidy, the facilities of have a control panel to switch lights on and off, it also allows you too put a sign on front door to state do not disturb or make up room, also first time I've stayed in a hotel that has a door bell. The gym facilities were good, the gym seemed to always be quiet which is good, bar staff were excellent and housing keeping were very friendly and kind, tip if you want to leave a tip, then leave it on the bed for them.

The hotel is right next to Nana Plaza, it can get a little much at times but them your in Bangkok, the hotel have security staff that make you feel safe and will even help you cross the road when leaving or coming back from hotel, staff were friendly to help you arrange private taxis to locations though I feel we were overcharged by one member off staff, especially as we paid him directly and not the hotel, so just get clarity from front desk before you decide on hotel car, the local area has bars, restaurants and supermarket (7/11), The MRT is few minutes works that connects you to rest off Bangkok, easy and cheap to use. Overall I would stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Charlie_r251
Florida, USA
Reviewed March 19, 2014

The hotel is a beautiful hotel with great service. The rooms are quiet and large. The staff was friendly and helpful. The wifi in the rooms was reliable and of a good strength. The only disappointing thing I found at the hotel was the on-site restaurant on the 7th floor. The food was the worst I tasted in Bangkok.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 14, 2014

I was in this Hotel last year and nothing has changed. Nice rooms, very good breakfast, good friendly service, good location, but smal pool. Not much else to say. Would go there again next week but it is $ 50,- more than Adelphi Suits so I go there.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank erniep747
California
Reviewed March 13, 2014

Majestic Grande Hotel is very conveniently located and once you get acquainted with the city, you'll agree. It's very close to the sky train which is pretty easy to navigate as well as many great restaurants when you roam just a short way from the hotel. Room is nice, has everything you need, very spacious, daily service is good including the standard 2 bottles of water daily. You are given coupon for a free cocktail to use at your convenience too. The pool visually is spectacular but the water is cold (& I swim at 6am at home in a very cold pool) and it seemed to be in the shade most of the day (I could be wrong but when I went in the late afternoon it was definitely in the shade). There is free WiFi but don't throw away your code, I had to enter it daily. The power went out a few times 2 separate nights but it came back on pretty quick. There is a mini refrigerator in the room but not a lot of space to add anything you'd like to chill. This is a weird comment but I have to mention it. The closet doors slide very easily and bang really loud! You can hear your immediate neighbor's closet doors slidng as well as when housecleaning opens/closes them during the day. I thought the neighbor's next door were really obnoxious but when we stepped outside to go on our afternoon excursion, I noticed the door was opened next to us, decided to peek in and it was the maid. Before you come to Bangkok, research some of the tour companies that you're interested in because the hotel has their own affiliation with only one local company. The tour lady did not listen to our wants and kept pushing us to go to go to a dinner show that we had no desire to go to. We went down one night to ask the concierge to help us contact a cooking school that we had been given several great recommendations for but was not the one affiliated with the hotel's tour agent. While we were talking with the concierge, he yelled over in Thai to the tour agent in the lobby what we were asking help with. I thought it was really rude and pretty obnoxious. I asked several of the concierges what the going rate was for a taxi to the airport, they all told me 400 ghat. I wanted to make sure that we had enough bhat left. As we were heading to the airport, the concierge helped us in the taxi and told us it would be 500 bhat. I questioned it and the taxi driver said that was the price. We didn't want to bicker over the difference but thought the hotel staff should all be on the same page with suggested fares to any destination.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends