“Awesome hotel and location”

Majestic Grande Hotel
Ranked #163 of 858 Hotels in Bangkok
Central New Jersey
“Awesome hotel and location”
Reviewed February 17, 2014

I really enjoyed my stay at this hotel during a recent trip to Bangkok. The location of the hotel is very convenient to the BTS sky train and plenty of bars and restaurants. The staff is very friendly and helpful. The hotel itself is very nice and modern. The rooms are equipped with all the amenities you need for a comfortable stay. The bed was comfortable and all the facilities were very clean. Our room also had an awesome view overlooking the city and the highway. The pool area is located on the 7th floor and was a relaxing way to polish off a day of sightseeing.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (265)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed February 13, 2014

Coming to Bangkok for the first time as a solo traveler, I was primarily looking for a safe, clean hotel where I could get my bearings. At about $80 a night—I booked for four nights—the Majestic grand offers luxurious accommodation that would easily be worth twice that amount in Western countries. The rooms are pristinely clean, the staff is friendly, and you only need to walk about five minutes before reaching Sukhumvit, one of the main roads of the city, or the Phleon Chit BTS station.

I stayed in the Double room, which would also suit couples or friends that don't mind sharing a bed (it's quite large). It has all the amenities you'd expect from a luxury hotel—a great view of the city, comfortable bed, air conditioning you can control from the bed, etc. I was also given a nice little plate of fruit on the first day, in addition to two bottles of water, which are standard at Thailand hotels, and they replace them with each room clean.

There's a 7-eleven one block away, a grocery store in a little shopping complex just up the road on Soi 2, and this really good restaurant for Thai food, Tamnathai (ranked #341 on trip advisor — http://www.tripadvisor.com.au/Restaurant_Review-g293916-d3241282-Reviews-Tamnanthai_Restaurant-Bangkok.html). If you're stomach is craving some street food, there are plant of little stalls on Sukhumvit and Duang Phitak, which parallels Soi 2.

If you're looking for nightlife, there are bars and clubs further down Sukhumvit towards the higher-numbered Sois. The infamous Nana Plaza is right next door on Soi 4, although it's more of a mini-red light district. I'm surprised at how quiet the Majestic is given how close it is to Nana.

The staff is friendly and quick to respond to your requests. If I asked the room to be cleaned after stepping out for a brief outing, it would be cleaned immediately. After checking out, I was thinking about taking a bus to Pattaya, but the concierge offered to arrange a private car service for 1500 baht. After doing some research, I found out that this is a standard rate, and booking through them saved me the hassle of negotiating with a taxi driver on the street.

The only drawback is that the staff's English is somewhat limited. I asked people at the concierge where the best places to go to experience the local food and culture are, and they didn't seem to understand the question. They pointed me to more touristy areas on the map, like the shopping malls (although I later discovered that you can find great food in the mall food courts of Bangkok). I also had issue where I fell in some mud and wanted to get my pants cleaned the day before I checked out (laundry is quite cheap there). I asked the front desk that if I dropped off the pants with housekeeping on the afternoon of that day, would I be able to receive it before checking out? The guy at the front desk didn't seem to understand me, so I had to explain it in different ways before he finally got it. It should be said that in the end result, he tried to help me out, but laundry has to be left with housekeeping in the morning to receive it the same day or in the morning of the next day.

The hotel has a breakfast and dinner buffet; breakfast can be included if you pay a little bit more for the room. To save money, I avoided this option. I spent $14 USD to to try it once, and it is really good. You get a wide selection of fruit, bread, meats, Thai dishes, and a counter where a chef prepares omelets.

Overall, the Majestic is a great place to stay if you're on holiday, especially if you're going to Bangkok for the first time.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
2 Thank Tarun H
Miami, Florida
Reviewed February 12, 2014

Four, five, three stars vary by country. And so does the price. I have seen much discussion about this hotel and "4" or "5" star. Putting that to the side, here I go:

Probably the best buffet considering the price for lunch and dinner. About $14 for lunch and $22 for dinner. A wide variety and the staff is very helpful. Sea bass, steak, sushi. One word: Great. The managers are very friendly and helpful.

Sauna, Jacuzzi and gym very nice. Very clean. There is a "tranquity" of this place especially 150 meters from Nana Plaza!..:)

Upon check in (at 200am), I did ask for a room with a view of the pool. The receptionist said it did and it clearly did not. The rooms are comfortable. The housekeeping very friendly and when asked for small items like slippers, there were there in less than one minute.

Very, very fast internet.

Don't count the stars, count on staying at the Majestic Grand!

Room Tip: Do not miss the 3 buffets per day. Usually, breakfast is included in the hotel price. Enjoy.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank Travelguy365
Reviewed February 4, 2014 via mobile

Stayed two nights at the Majestic Grande Hotel. I really loved the location. Walking distance to Nana Skytrain Station. I read that there is an entertainment district nearby, and noise could be heard; however I didn't visit it nor did I hear and loud noises from it. My room faced the highway so possibly that's why..

The staff was friendly and courteous. The checked ID of all non guest who visited the hotel. I really appreciated that. The day of my departure, the helped me with a taxi, even though it was 3 in the morning.

If I return to Bangkok, this hotel will definitely be on my short list.

• Stayed February 2014
Uk
Reviewed February 3, 2014 via mobile

Within a few minutes walk of both Nana and Ploenchit BTS stations, this is a great location. Sukhumvit Road is big , busy and noisy, but the hotel is nicely tucked away down a small street beside the JW Marriott.
Check in was straightforward . We booked through Booking.com and had purchased onward train tickets ( to be delivered directly to the hotel through Thailand Train Ticket .com. ) We were pleased that reception had our booking details ready on arrival and the train tickets were already attached.
We appreciated the complimentary welcome drink.
Our 8th floor room was of a good size, decorated in contemporary style,
with a small but very good bathroom (very hot water). It was very comfortable and the wifi was good too. It was good to have a safe in the room.
The restaurant is on the 7th floor, as is the small but very adequate pool.
Close by is a Starbucks , and the bakery at the Marriott is good for a coffee and croissant or a breakfast if you don't want the big buffet breakfast at the Majestic Grande.
Taxis are right outside the door,
All in all this hotel is very good value indeed, and together with the very helpful staff, the location , and the fresh at attractive decor it has to be a recommendation.

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
4 Thank OTG26
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed February 3, 2014

Fantastic hotel, central, close to skytrain, 2 stops from Siam, walk across the road your in Nana bars etc. Fantastic breakfast buffet, and we had the seafood dinner buffet a couple of times.
Great staff, when we are here again we will definitley stay here, great find.

Room Tip: Get breakfast included you wont need lunch.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank globehoppin
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed February 2, 2014

I stayed at Mejestic Grande Hotel for 2 nights in January 2014. Upon walking into the lobby the hotel looks very nice, modern and the bellman was quick to take my bags. The check-in process was quick. Walking into my room it was of decent size, clean and a large comfertable bed. The room has a/c, safe, frig, Wi-Fi and a flat screen t.v. The room they gave me faced the expressway and was very noisy, even on the 15th floor. I could hear the cars speed by all night long. There is a small swimming pool with limited sun, jacuzzi, steam room and gym. The hotel does not offer a complimentary breakfast however there are places near the hotel to eat near the hotel. BTS Skytrain Phloen Chit stop is a 5 minute walk and Nana stop is a 10 minute walk. The hotel is just steps to many bars and nightlife of the Nana district.

Overall my stay at Majestic Grande Hotel was adiquate. I was pleasantly surprised after I checked out a ring left by my friend was found in the room and the assistant manager e-mailed me to let me know. I was disappointed with the room because I could hear the traffic on the expressway at night and I had to wear ear plugs to sleep.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the front of the hotel as it is quieter.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends