“Skip This Hotel”

Ranked #163 of 858 Hotels in Bangkok
San Diego, California
“Skip This Hotel”
Reviewed September 27, 2013

Stayed here for a couple of days, can't say we were all that impressed. The staff was OK, they didn't have my room ready when I checked in, but that was understandable since I was there before the normal 1400 check in time. The bell captains are not very helpful. You can ask, but good luck getting them to get you a taxi that will run the meter. This was not the experience I had at the Millennium on Sukhumvit 21, they made sure the cab drive would run the meter instead of trying to rip you off. The room was clean although small. The main reason for the low review was the other guests. The majority of the other guests were all from the same part of the world and were very rude to us and other westerners. On more than one occasion we would be riding in the elevator and they would cancel our floor and got to theirs (the elevators are slow enough already). We got wise to this and paid better attention. You need to be aggressive at breakfast also, they would try to push past us while we were waiting for a table.

Room Tip: Skip this hotel completely! Spend a few dollars more and get a room at the Millennium Grande Hotel o...
1 Thank BrianC867

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (265)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Beirut
Reviewed September 24, 2013

I stayed four nights in Majestic grande and it was way over my expectations!!
The view is amazinggggg!! Bangkok is under your sight.. it is huge! The rooms are wide and clean.. there is even a DVD :) and a free wifi in your room.
The staff are quite nice and friendly! the breakfast was nice.. the area was calm but at the same time close to everything.
The only problem we faced is that it was a non smoking room with no balcony or window. So we need to go outside whenever we need to smoke.
When you check in you will have an invitation for a drink in the MBar, and a 20% disc. on food in the lobby restaurant.
If you go to Bangkok, give it a try! it is worth a visit.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Singapore, null, Singapore
Reviewed September 21, 2013

Typical business class hotel, I decided to try this property to save a little on accommodation costs as I normally use the Grand millennium Sukhumvit, an excellent hotel by the way. A friend of mine usually stays here so I thought I'd give it a go.

Sadly, the room I am in has a cockroach infestation, you know, those little baby roaches which have been given birth by the thousand or so by mummy roach? Not nice to lift the toilet seat and find little roaches scuttling around!

Also, I drank a fruit juice on the first night and on the fourth night it still hasn't been replaced by Housekeeping. I can't be bothered to inform them to please replenish the apple juice, it should have been done automatically. I call this sloppy housekeeping.

Also, when you check in, there's no shaving kit or toothbrush in the bathroom, so I went out to buy some. But on my return I found a small annoying sign in the bathroom telling me these items are available upon request. I've already wasted my money buying them, oh well.

Today there was a power outage of electricity and air conditioning for one hour. This may not have been the hotel's fault, but the power company. But when I called down, they didn't think to inform me it was a problem with the whole tower, not just my room, so there I was waiting for a housekeeper/technician to call and no one did.

Room service menu is limited for all-day dining. I'd have liked to eat a steak this morning, but there were just burgers and Thai dishes. I can get a delicious steak over at Grand Millennium Sukhumvit.

The staff are friendly and attentive mind you, but that doesn't make up for the shortcomings of the hotel property as a whole unfortunately. Shan't be using this place in future.

Room Tip: Ask for a room without baby roaches!
Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Danny C
Barcelona, Spain
Reviewed September 20, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is a typical business hotel: great rooms, business center, located near one of the financial districts of Bangkok. The Service is correct and rooms are clean. Swimming pool in the 7th floor. Excellent breakfast in the morning: buffet with western and thai food.

• Stayed September 2013
Maidstone, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 18, 2013

we recently stayed in the pleasant hotel right in the centre of the city and although only for 3 nights - we would definitely go back. The breakfast was good and varied and although we ate just once in the restaurant, the food was excellent even though the waiter has almost no English at all and could not understand our simple questions such as 'does this come with rice?' nevertheless, we had a great meal and we could say that added to its charm. I would say that the sunbeds around the pool are very uncomfortable and designed for a very short time as they have no mattress and are incredibly hard. All in all - good value for money

1 Thank rowena h
Reviewed September 17, 2013

Very nice looking hotel with a big lobby and a smart look. Close to the main road, Starbucks nearby and close enough to the local nightlife. Room was spacious, nice bed, good wifi and attentive cleaning staff. Found it a little strange that the front desk staff asked me to pay for my 3 night stay as soon as I arrived, quite unusual for a 4 star hotel. Apart from that, recommended for a comfortable stay.

Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Kualalumpur
Reviewed September 17, 2013

Me & my husband stayed here in a Grande Superior Room with a very wonderful view for 3 nights. I would say we were lucky to get a room like that. The hospitality and service by the staff are on par with what I saw in Bali, which I would say is the most welcoming place I have ever visited. Only problem though would be , they don't understand much of English and so you won't understand their language. But which tourist spot doesn't have this problem ....so its OK :)
One thing , we were not much happy was the internet connectivity speed @ the room. My husband had to work due to some issue @ his work all of a sudden and the internet speed didn't help much. But thats not a matter to crib on a holiday ..isn't it ? They are going to bring in a Kebab factory , would love to visit next time. Centralised locality, near to Siam Paragon & Central World mall. Take the tuk tuk to go nearby ... Overall, for me it was a very pleasant stay . Thank you Majestic Grande. Felt like home after touring the whole day.

Room Tip: Request for a room in the upper floor with a view of the city. View in the night with the glowing ci...
1 Thank crazytraveller85