1,744 results
All reviewsthe great kabab factorynana plazanice hotellobby barindian restaurantbreakfast buffetstayed here for nightsnight lifeour honeymoonwelcome drinkskytrain stationsukhumvit areamin walktuk tukthe main roadthailandshopping
Reviewed June 24, 2013

Arriving at the hotel was quite straightforward, check in relatively easy, concierge had bags in room within 5 minutes. I requested, on booking (3 months in advance) a king room on a high floor - what I got was a twin room on a low floor. I did not complain but was told that I would be moved the next day as they had not fulfilled my request - a bit of a pain packing up again - especially as I was only there 3 nights anyway, The rooms were good, beds very hard which is to my taste. I ended up in the 12th floor overlooking the highway but couldn't hear anything from the road.

The reception staff were not very attentive, I put this down to the fact I was a lone female Brit.

The location was perfect, 5 minute walk from Nana BTS Skyline station, 2 minute walk to the Sukhamvit road, but BEWARE - you are on top of the in your face red light district. Ladyboys - tick!

Would I stay again? Yes for a city break, but they really need to sort their reception staff out.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Donnym23
Reviewed June 21, 2013

We booked through a getaway voucher so was a bit apprehensive if it ticket all the boxes. To our delight it did. The room was clean and spacious Staff very friendly and obliging. On arrival we were given fruit in the room. And a complimentary drink in the bar lounge. The bar lounge was very cosy and they had someone playing the piano. Very relaxing. They have a gym and a pool. This hotel ticks all the boxes and I would have no hesitation recommending it.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 14, 2013 via mobile

We arrived at the hotel & were delighted to see how modern & ideally located it was.
The rooms were spacious, finished to the highest spec & the hotels outdoor swimming pool was a pleasant surprise in such a big city.
The food in the hotel was second to none, especially the desserts!
It is located 2mins from a shopping centre with a large choice of restaurants & cafes.
It's 200baht in a taxi to the large MBX shopping centre or to the grand palace.
Would highly recommend this hotel

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank ericamd
Reviewed June 12, 2013

I recently stayed 4 nights at the Majestic Grande Hotel and have not a single complaint. I paid 3570 TB per night (approx 74 GBP) for a room which would compare favourably with an executive room at one of the top chain hotels such as Hilton or Marriott. The bed was a super-kingsize and the room rate included breakfast and free wi-fi. The bathroom had both bath and shower - both were spacious. The location is perfect for the bustling central Sukhumvit area - a short walk will take you onto the Sukhumvit Road and the BTS skytrain (Nana or Ploenchit stations closest). All the staff are extremely friendly and will go out of their way to be helpful. I ate a couple of times in the hotel and prices were reasonable - the Indian tapas was delicious! The hotel will arrange airport limo pickup and return when you book if you want and price is also reasonable (approx £30 each way for a 45min ride if traffic not too bad). The rooms were very clean and bright; the daily room cleaning was also faultless. Breakfast either inside or outside (alongside the outdoor pool) was a highlight of the day and the hotel gym is adequate without being too sophisticated. I didn;t make use of the spa but spoke to someone who had and complimented the service. Overall - no hesitation in recommending for those who want a bit of style and creature comforts on their vacation.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed June 10, 2013

I recently had a friend staying with you and reported it was his best stay. I returned again and I say the same. Rooms are newly renovated and everything look fresh. I must compliment the leadership of this hotel how they do their maintenance. Its very well done.

What really push me to write my second review and upgrade the star rating is because of the front office manager...with a name so hard to remember that it's impossible to give him credit by his name. I had an issue and it was corrected so nicely and on top of that followed up by a phone call to check if all was in order. That is service! Actually the whole front office team is great.

Breakfast is improved a bit and they finally opened the new restaurant. I will try it on my next visit. I really like the location too with JW Marriott next and the Ploenshit center for convenient shopping and lunch.

Be prod because now both the hardware and the software is working for you! Well dome!

Room Tip: Book the more spacious room with walk
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business