1,744 results
All reviewsthe great kabab factorynana plazanice hotellobby barindian restaurantbreakfast buffetstayed here for nightsnight lifeour honeymoonwelcome drinkskytrain stationsukhumvit areamin walktuk tukthe main roadthailandshopping
Reviewed April 28, 2011

This hotel was included in my holiday that I bought through Kuoni and I am now in the middle of making a formal complaint about them.

Where do I start. The hotel firstly put us into a room the size of a toilet so we complained and we were upgraded to a room ever so slightly larger.

Whilst we were out of our room, someone entered the room and left the door open and ajar. We were told by the manager that someone had put fruit in the room. Fair enough but anyone could have entered our room and taken whatever they wanted!

The hotel is riddled with prostitutes, I don't normally like to generalise but there are a lot of middle to old aged men wandering the hotel with young scantily clad Thai girls. It gives a very uncomfortable feeling.

The bed had long thick black hairs in it. I stripped the bed and complained to the manager. However, the bed was remade using the same dirty sheets the night after.

Service is appalling - I had to ask four times for an ironing board.

Walls are paper thin - you can hear everything the people in the next room are doing. You can also hear people in the corridor very clearly.

Corrupt Hotel Taxi - The hotel taxi service will rip you off just the same as most Bangkok taxi's. You can barter with them though but it's not an ideal situation!

The manager of this hotel is more than useless. We told him about all the problems we experienced but he wasn't bothered. In my book he wins the award for the best chocolate teapot!

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
10  Thank gazzerukukuk
Reviewed April 27, 2011

My partner and I arrived on 25th April for a 3 night stop over in Bangkok before heading down to Phi Phi.

The hotel is located in the Sukhumvit 2 district and we accessed it via a backstreet and then a very random car park. It didn't give the best impression of a great start, but not major.

When we arrived at the reception desk, the receptionist was polite and asked if we wanted a twin or double room. We asked for a double, but upon arriving in the room we found we had two singles. We phoned down to reception to ask to change rooms and following 3 calls to people that didn't really understand what I was explaining we were changed to a double room.

The rooms are dated and lack any type of wow factor but are functional enough and there are no major issues with them.

On our 2nd night in BKK we were going to see a Thai boxing match (a superb event!!) at the Lumpsee stadium which is about 1 mile away from the hotel. We went to the hotel 'Taxi Service' at the main entrance and they said we could take the hotel taxi for 400 baht (about £10). To put into context what a complete rip off this is, a normal taxi would cost about 40baht (£1) and a Tuk Tuk less than that. They were clearly praying on people who they thought they could rip off and would be none the wiser. I would therefore strongly advise not to use this service and just come out of the hotel and turn left, walk 200 yards up the road and grab anyone of the number of taxi's that are around. If you pay by the meter, it will normally cost about 40baht per kilometre and they don't charge for waiting in traffic, just the distance travelled.

Other little gripes in the hotel:

-Lack of attentive service. Ie. We asked for Soya milk and got full fat.
-Room service stops at 6pm!!
-The pool is small and located right next the restaurant, in the shade and pretty grubby looking. The deck area has about 10 beds to lay on which are very packed together.
-As per other reviews, there are a number of 'massage' bars in very close proximity of the hotel and you will often see older men walking in with young Thai ladies. We weren't that bothered by it but it certainly doesn't give the feel of any type of classy establishment.

Overall the hotel is not a disaster but it is probably worthy of a 2/3 star rating. It's the small things that count, and unfortunately we just had too many small things add up to a less than good experience.

• Stayed: April 2011
5  Thank WorldTravellerJames
Reviewed April 25, 2011

Stayed for 2 nights after doing a tour and staying in Hong Kong, Vietnam, Cambodia and lastly Bangkok. After the standard of accommodation in the other places on our tour, this one was quite nice.
Stayed in Bangkok before a few years ago but in a completely different area. Thought this was a bit out of the way to the main nightlife but taxis were cheap.
Small rooms but very nicely decorated. Packed a lot of stuff into the rooms. Nice bathroom with hot water which was a luxury after the other countries we had visited.
I've seen a couple of the postings on here about the Concierge and do have to agree with the other travellers. Gave us a bit of false info and was just interested in making a few quid.
A few of the other people on our tour said that they had sat and watched the comings and goings of the young Thai women with old European men. Enough said.
Food in the restaurant by the pool was good. Drinks expensive.

• Stayed: April 2011
3  Thank Chalkers2000
Reviewed April 25, 2011

I stayed at Majestic Grande in Sukhumvit with my new husband as the first part of our two week honeymoon. We booked through Kuoni but I did a huge amount of research on the hotels before we made our decision and having read the reviews on Trip Advisor, we decided on this hotel as the overall opinions were very positive - we decided to 'take a chance' following the review stating that it was in a less than desirable area opposite 'Annies Soapy Massage'.

I cannot rate this hotel more highly! We arrived to an extremely warm welcome (our first time in Bangkok) and checked in very quickly (important after a long flight). In our room was a lovely honeymoon 'cake' and a bowl of fresh fruit. The room was spacious with free internet connection and great city views (stunning at night!) Each evening we received complimentary chocolates at turn-down and the fruit was replenished every day. We received complimentary bottled water every day too. The rooms were extremely clean and typically Thai with lots of wood. The bathrooms were fine with good amenites and selection of toiletaries.

We had breakfast at the hotel on all three evenings and it was quite simply out of this world. The selection was breath-taking with Thai dishes such as pad thai, fried rice, dim sum, Thai 'donuts' as well as a huge selection of fresh fruits, yogurts, full English breakfast options, continental options with a huge selection of meats, cheeses and pastries as well as a choice of breads, toasts and jams. There were also chefs on hand to cook eggs to your exact requirements if required. We continued our hotel at one of the top five-star spa resorts in Thailand and the breakfast could not exceed that of Majestic Grande.

We didn't eat lunch or dnner in the restaurants as there were so many options in the city.

The outdoor pool was a nice way to cool off after a day in the city and although small, it's all you need - you don't visit Bangkok to spend your time by the pool anyway!

The location was superb with the sky train just a few minutes walk away and restaurants such as Cabbages and Condoms (which I would highly reccomend) within walking distance. We were in Thailand during the New Year celebrations (three days of water fighting and face painting) and found the hotel to be in the ideal place - close enough to everything yet not too close so that we weren't right in the middle of the chaos.

A wonderful start to an amazing honeymoon!

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Lucy G
Reviewed April 24, 2011

I spent a total of 11 nights at this wonderful hotel. Last time I stayed at the Landmark and I have to say I preferred this hotel. The staff are a credit to the hotel. Always smiling and nothing is too much trouble. If you can then I recommend the Grande delux rooms as they are bigger and have a lovely huge bath which is great even for the tallest of people. We were celebrating My Son having married his Thai girlfriend. The hotel decorated their bed with flowers and provided a cake at no extra change. How kind!
The restarant called dine at 7 is where you eat breakfast on the seventh floor - and the food is top notch with plenty of choice. The restaurant is nice and bright and open with lovely views of the city below. At lunch time you can eat the buffet for 300 Thai Baht which is great value becuase it is all you can eat. At night they have a BBQ buffet dinner of which is 690 Thai baht which includes a complimentary glass of wine or a beer.
The hotel is tastefully decorated and I felt very happy. The roof top pool on floor seven is also great and relaxing with pelty of sun loungers. Happy hour is between 2 - 6pm and you can buy one drink and get one free. It is great.
Another great thing is they provide free wi fi.
This hotel is about a 3 minute walk from a shopping mall which has a few eateries and a bank so you can exchange your english into Thai Baht, Better deals than in UK! The sky train is about a ten minute walk if that.
Hotel is central to most things.
The red light area is across the road which may be off putting for some people but it does not affect this hotel.
I would stay here again any time and as I said all staff from the bell boys, front desk, restaurant staff to cleaners are all fantastic kind, smiling and happy hard working people.

Room Tip: Free nights can be available if you book several.
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business