“Above average for cost” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #398 of 849 Hotels in Bangkok
London, United Kingdom
“Above average for cost”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2013

One night stay. Made a mistake in the booking dates with travel agent which this hotel changed at no cost. Check in on arrival was efficient. Room was upgraded. Room was good standard with new tv and clean. Corridors echo. Walls a little thin. Bed comfortable but usual big hard pillows you getv in budget hotels. The surprise was the excellent pool on the top floor with a bar. Small so in season may be crowded but when were there it was great. Meter taxi found for me to airport (thats not easy on soi 4). Most places to eat are near to the soi 4 girlie bars so maybe not the area for families. The hotel overall was very good. Only paid US$30 so very happy.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Woraburisukhumvit, General Manager at Woraburi Sukhumvit Hotel and Resort, responded to this review, July 19, 2013
Dear Mr.Michael P,

Thank you very much for your good comments to our hotel and I will sharing your feedback with our team to continue the same or better service for other guests like yourself.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Woraburi Sukhumvit Hotel & Resort.

Thapanee Laowachirawog
Resident Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (122)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Machida, Tokyo, Japan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2013

I have been to Thailand 5 times so far and every time I stay at the Woraburi Sukhumvit Hotel and Resort. The room rates are reasonable; however, the hotel is a bit far from Sukhumvit Road(about a 10 minute walk). However, the hotel has a complimentary Tuk Tuk shuttle that can take you to Sukhumvit Road. The breakfast buffet serves delicious Thai as well as Western food. Last year when I stayed there, wifi was an extra charge; however, when I was there this past April(2013) it is now free. If you are on a budget and are looking for a decent hotel to stay at then this is the place.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Dear Mr.William S,

Thank you very much for your positive feedback about the food and location .
We look forward to your next stay with us.

Tamworth
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2013

After 26 hours of travelling we arrived at the woraburi hotel and it went smoothly checking in. We got to our old and dated room but didnt expect much for the 23 quid a night we paid so me an my wife didnt mind as we were stopping only 2 nights. We got to the room and put the bags in and went straight out for a drink in the bars down the road. Although unfortunately for my wife the hotel is near nana square the red light district. That night after a quick drink we went back to the hotel and as it was humid slept on top of the bed. We woke the next morning and my wife had got under the sheets during the night. We realised that the bed had blood stains under the sheets and under the pillows. I was discusted so i was going to report the sheets but my wife said not to make a fuss as we were leaving the next day. That was my mistake. After a day out in bangkok shopping we got homeand recieved a phone call from reception saying we were being charged 1000 baht. I quickly rushed to reception and asked why. They then pulled out the bloodied sheets and said i had done it. Obviously i was furious and told them that no way had i done it and i shouldnt be charged 1000 baht for some white sheets and pillow cases. She called the manager out and she told me i was a liar and would pay and her staff would not put dirty sheets on cuz they were checked 3 times. I told her she was the liar and the service and hotel was a discrace. I said i would write a report about the hotel on trip advisor and she said she would write back and post photos on here and say that i was the liar and show everyone the sheets. Hotel and staff are a discrace

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
6 Thank carlos1985
Woraburisukhumvit, Manager at Woraburi Sukhumvit Hotel and Resort, responded to this review, July 22, 2013

July 19, 2013

Dear Mr.Carlos,
Thank you for sharing your comments and very sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay with us.
I would like to apologize for the bed sheet and pillow case dirty as well as the staff and passed your comments to our Executive Housekeeper and Front Office Manager to make the necessary
improvements.
We look forward to welcoming you in the future.
Resident Manager

Travelers are raving about these Bangkok hotels

Bengaluru, India
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

This hotel is definitely NOT a resort if folks are mistaken however its not a bad place either for folks who are travelling on budget and mostly prefer to use this room to simply check your baggage and take off to the city. The good thing about this place is the accessibility it offers to travelers but mind you about their staff, except for 1 or 2 of them, everyone here is very unfriendly. I can even exaggerate by stating 'Extremely unfriendly'. They need 'Hospitality Training' as they are really behind in time when it comes to handling foreign nationals. They can be quite offensive too and very unwilling to even repeat what they just said. Pretty frustrated bunch who definitely need a vacation themselves.... ;-). Anyways, my overall experience with this place was good as I had easy access to many locations including the sky train.

About the rooms, they are not very spacious but just enough to get you going. The good thing is to not expect great service and rooms and you end up somewhat satisfied but as I said earlier, this place is great for a traveler on budget. If travelling with family, I would not recommend this place as this hotel is located in what I felt was a red light area. Can be very offensive to certain nationals as the hotel has a lot of hookers walking in and out but they don't you as long as you don't.

Food is really boring here and I recommend to the hotel itself to please please change the menu for breakfast. I was tired of seeing the same menu every morning for 4 days and the worst thing is that they use the same spoons and pans to make pork and a simple egg. One should consider giving what the customer wants and not force things on them and say this is the only option.

Swimming pool!!! its really not a pool but a simple/small as an over the roof 6x3 meter plain looking Jacuzzi and the worst thing is that every one tries to jump in. The pool is best only during the hot afternoon and when none of the folks are around and I must say that it has a good view of the surrounding sky scrapers though...

Overall an ok place if you know how to ignore folks who can be nagging/irritating because most Thai people are friendly and you must have a lot of patience to deal with them and eat the same looking breakfast everyday.

Room Tip: I strongly suggest booking.com for the best deals and if you are looking to stay at the Woraburi, tr...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Woraburisukhumvit, General Manager at Woraburi Sukhumvit Hotel and Resort, responded to this review, July 18, 2013
Dear Mr.Iftegar Haleem,
Thank you very much for your value comments to our hotel. I am sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay with us.
I have passed your comments regarding the quality of the breakfast and unfriendly staff to our Executive Chef and Front Office Manager to make the necessary improvements.
I would like to apologize for the food & beverage as well as unfriendly staff.
We look forward to welcoming you to stay with us again.
San Francisco, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 2, 2013

This hotel has / or is very near (in a walking distance) to everything a tourist needs : public transportation (Nana Station Skytrain), money exchange, tourist info, restaurants, bars, shops, massage, wonderful night life, swimming pool on top, and a lot more !!! Free tuk tuk to the main road and free wifi in the rooms.The hotel staff is very polite and ready to help you anytime (24 h / 7 days) !!!
From the Reception staff to the cleaning ladies, everybody is nice and doing they best to meet your needs !!!!!!!!!!!
The only thing they could improve is the bathroom : the showers could get a better support on the wall (so they can stay in the right position) , and they could also put some more towel-supports and clothes-hooks on the walls and doors, for towels and clothes hanging. They give you towels for 2 persons, but in the bathroom... there is just 1 towel-support, for just 1 person.
Excellent staff and excellent service !!! You will enjoy it there !!!
This was my 1st time in this hotel,and i booked a standard room. The next time i will get a Superior room!!!!!! and I will come again, for sure !!!

Room Tip: Go for the Superior room has more space!!!!! and top floor has pool and bar
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Woraburisukhumvit, General Manager at Woraburi Sukhumvit Hotel and Resort, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
Dear Trugamer,
Thank you for your positive comments after your stay with us about our staffs.
I will pass your comments regarding the shower to our Chief Engineer for improvement.
We look forward to welcoming you back to Woraburi Sukhumvit Hotel & Resort
Singapore, Singapore
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2013

We stayed at Woraburi Sukhumvit from 26th - 29th April 2013. It's located at Sukhumvit Soi 4, which is somewhat like a red light district.

Airport Transfer:
We booked our rooms (2 standard) directly from their website, as well as a 2-way airport transfer. Prior to that (about 2-3 weeks before our stay), I sent our flight itinerary to 3 different email addresses (whatever I could find from their website) but failed to receive any response from them. In the end, no one showed up to pick us up from the airport. We walked around the different meeting points at the airport, before asking the tourist information counter staff to call the hotel for us. The hotel staff told us that their system is down, and thus could not process our airport transfer booking. They then told us to take a cab down, and even specifically told us to take the standard cab (with a long queue) instead of the quicker limousine service despite the inconvenience caused. The worst part was, they did not even compensate us for the cost of the cab from the airport. Thankfully, they refunded our 2-way airport transfer quickly.

First impression:
Upon reaching the hotel lobby, we were absolutely shocked. I have never felt so disappointed with a hotel before. The pictures shown on the website was far from what we saw. The lobby was not air conditioned, and the fan was not even working. The reception was really rude with us, despite all the inconvenience caused. Even the MANAGER's attitude was atrocious. It was clear that they were frustrated with us, and were handling the situation in a less than acceptable manner. The check-in process was slow, bugged with unnecessary procedures such as a 1000 THB deposit for room keys which we eventually did away with after much trouble. It was really tough to be gracious towards them.

Hotel rooms:
We booked 2 standard rooms, but they upgraded one of it to a superior twin. We were greeted by cockroaches (see pictures). We also had to ask for bath towels (they were not replenished when we took over the room). The air-conditioning took a long time to cool the room, and was noisy. There was no ironing board and iron too. Bed was okay.

WiFi non existent:
The free WiFi provided was non existent, as it was impossible to get a decent signal strength from the hotel rooms (unless your room is right beside the lift, and you leave your door wide-open to maintain the signal strength). Furthermore, only one user can access the WiFi at any point of time as only one set of username / password was given to us. We tried to access the net simultaneously, but were forced to disconnect one another in order to do so. We all gave up eventually, and just spent the 4 days without WiFi.

'Free' shuttle bus (TUK-TUK):
The Tuk-Tuk operates at irregular timings, even though they were scheduled to leave every 30 minutes. It's almost as if it's dependent on the driver's mood. The worst part was, the driver dropped us off at a mid-way point of Soi 4 instead of Nana BTS, as stated on their website / reception. As a result, we had to walk a good 15 minutes before we reached Nana BTS. It was then we decided that we would just take a cab to and fro, and just forget about this pathetic free shuttle service. The hotel is NOT '5 min walk from BTS Nana Station' as claimed.

Just stay away from this hotel. That's the best advice you can heed from all the reviews you read here.

Room Tip: Stay away from this hotel.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Dear Gavinlzw,
Thank you for providing us with your value comments and very sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay.
I will check that all matters will be passed to our Front Office Manager and Executive Housekeeper to make the necessary improvements.
I would like to apologize for the overall that your comments and we will certainly continue with our efforts to keep up a good quality of product and service.
Gurugram (Gurgaon), India
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2013

I recently stayed in Woraburi Sukhumvit in Bangkok. I had read good reviews about it in Trip Advisor and told my travel agent to book it. However, the hotel was a bit disappointing. The staffs were pretty discourteous and not helpful at all. The room given to us was a standard one and lacked in space. The room didn't have much space to keep luggage. We had to actually call the cleaning staff to make our room when half a day had passed. The amount of the complimentary tea/coffee was inadequate for two people and the staff didn't refill. Also the hotel did have a shuttle tuktuk but when we asked for it they gave us cold shoulders saying it's not available at that moment.
The only redeeming feature was the food and the beverages and the hotel Spa. Overall, I was pretty disappointed with my stay there.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Sammychanda,
Thank you for sharing your comments about your stay at Woraburi Sukhumvit and very sorry to hear that you did not suitable your stay.
I have passed your comments regarding the quality of the service to our Front Office Manager and Executive Housekeeper to make the necessary improvements.
I would like to apologize for the staff as well as the small room, however this is the standard size.
We look forward to your next stay.