“Pleasant stay”

Ranked #185 of 851 Hotels in Bangkok
Linz, Austria
“Pleasant stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 1, 2013

We've been there twice, each time a few days stopover to/from Europe and Australia. The hotel is fairly easy to get to from the airport. A taxi costs about 500-700 Baht, the train/metro/walking option costs about 100 Baht per person.

The rooms are sufficiently spacious, but rather dim, the windows (at least in the two rooms we stayed in) face a wall. The beds are comfortable. The free WiFi works. Various displays, including paintings, statues and so forth, decorate the lobby. The breakfast buffet could be a bit more generous, but it's easily enough for a good start into the day.

We left some luggage and returned a month later, no problem. All in all we can recommend this hotel.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Stubnhocker

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Phnom Penh, Cambodia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 23, 2013

This is my second stay this year in Siam Heritage. I have chosen it because of its location and it's cozy, spa-like atmosphere. The spa services are also good. I got an upgrade and the room they have given me is a 50 sq. m suite which has all the necessary amenities. The room is also well-maintained. They also have good restaurants within the hotel itself. I would not mind staying in this hotel again.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank may_ruiz75
Croydon, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 20, 2013

This is our second stay at the Siam Heritage having previously stayed there in 2012, also in November. This time we were accidentally given a room in the smoking floor which was not pleasant because of the smoke and we were relocated in the 8th floor in a more pleasant room. As expected in a boutique hotel, the rooms were comfortable with good security and no mosquitoes.
The hotel seemed to have a perfume in both the floors we were in, not unpleasant. The air conditioning worked. The safe was large enough for our use. The major attraction is the shower room which was spacious with a very powerful spray with its massaging effect!
Breakfast was adequate. There is a chef who cooked the eggs to order. The staff was very helpful and the laundry was immaculate.
This hotel is very close to the night market. Jim Thompson is just a short walk away up the right side of the hotel. Both the Bolan and Nahm restaurants are within 30 minutes by taxi. The two concierge were very helpful . The restaurant in the ground floor is pretty good for dinner.
Also note that the hotel is 500 Bahts from the airport, but going to the airport by metered taxi was much less.

Room Tip: Eighth floor is pretty good for non-smokers
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank SzeNg
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 16, 2013 via mobile

We stayed for three nights in November 13. We did not know that the hotel was in the red light district when we booked but this didn't really effect us.

The room was ok, a little tired, had a writing desk, safe, adequate shower room. Air con worked well although a little noisy, the fridge was also a bit noisy. I switched both off on the 2nd night hoping to sleep better. Unfortunately all our neighbours had different ideas. Lots of door slamming etc etc.

The location is ok, we walked down to the river area (around 1 mile) and picked up a river tour, got dropped off at the grand palace and saw the sights. We then got a tuk tuk back for 150baht. Traffic was insain, took us over an hour.
Another day we walked to pratunam market (1 mile ish) this was a wholesale clothes market, much cheaper than other stalls.

In the evenings we ventured to the Labua tower (walked) for drinks and ate locally to the hotel, all in not to bad.

I probably wouldn't recommend this hotel to other couples, unless the red light district interested you but it was ok for 3 nights.

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Hellerup
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2013

This is an excellent small hotel. The location is great – in central Bangkok only a few meters from Pat Pong. The staff is smiling, friendly, helpful and makes your stay comfortable and easy. The rooms are spacious and in good condition, although not newly renovated. Upon arrival we received an upgrade to a larger room. There is free Wifi in the rooms and a wonderful little pool, a jacuzzi and charming bar on the roof. The breakfast buffet is above average and includes your choice of eggs – cooked with a smile. Really we ought to keep this hotel as a secret, thus increasing our chances for vacancy next time we travel to Bangkok. But the staff and the owners of the Siam Heritage Boutique Hotel deserve to have as many customers possible. Be nice to them and you will be treated like a king.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank 360degreetraveller
ft.worth..tx.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2013

i loved my hotel room and all the action around the area. At the restaurant across from the market you could sit outside , watch the people go by,and have an icy drink,or ice cream. I also had dinner there. The hotel had a bakery in front, with good cake. That's what I always look for,because I love dessert.My room had lots of space,and everything you need. There is a computer downstairs you can use.The location is a little far from the sites. I used a taxi at first,but the traffic is horrible. The sky train is much easier. It does require a walk,but was much better than sitting in the traffic.I took the River Kwai tour with the Tiger Temple. You can actually pet the tigers!!No one will believe my pictures. That was a day tour,and was great.I loved my stay in Bangkok,and my hotel. They also have a great breakfast.

Room Tip: The ac was kind of loud,and I was up high so I didn"t hear street noise.The pot for the hot wat...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank Inga S
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2013

We stayed at the Siam Heritage Boutique Hotel this past week and were impressed with everything about it. The location is a bit out of the way for tourist attractions. It is on the outskirts of Pat Pong, so night life is rather interesting around there! The hotel itself is very clean and well run. The staff are excellent and there to assist your every need. The rooftop pool is a little oasis in the middle of the city. I had an hour long Thai massage that lasted two hours! I was in dream land when I left the spa. There is a bit of a gym there which I did not use, but expect it would be more than sufficient if you were there for a few nights. The breakfast buffet was EXCELLENT! Our room was very spacious. The beds are firm but very comfortable. The pillows were a nice density, not too soft and not too hard. Considering we were in the middle of a big metropolis, the room was very quiet. I would highly recommend a stay here.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends