“A great all rounder!”

Ranked #592 of 867 Hotels in Bangkok
tomboywonder
“A great all rounder!”
Reviewed September 8, 2007

My girlfriend and i stayed here on 3 separate occasions while backpacking around asia. Their is a huge mix of travelers here from backpackers to families! The location right in the middle of khoa san road is excellent. great pool and internet cafe on the roof and has 2 channels of the tv which play loads of dvds 24 hours a day (great when it gets too hot outside!) as well as cable tv.
buffet breakfast is worth getting out of bed for (before 10am unfortunately).
Staff are great and has 24 hour security.
We just went for the standard rooms which were clean and well looked after, some were bigger than others but not too small.
If you don't want to spend money on flash hotels and transport this is an excellent place to stay.

• Liked — everything
  • Disliked — not being there now!
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled as a couple
6 Thank tomboywonder

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (241)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Vietnamese first
Bath
Reviewed May 2, 2007

The D&D was a lovely alternative the usual accomodation I found on my travels.. I'd read many recommendations beforehand and decided to splurge on my last couple of nights in the city. Definitely well worth it.. you get what you pay for.. large, spotless rooms, satellite tv, ensuite, swimming pool, free breakfast.. what more could you ask for?

• Liked — Everything
  • Stayed June 2005, traveled solo
6 Thank illumina
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed April 22, 2007

Being slightly spoiled by having hotel points to use at 4 & 5 star hotels the D&D Inn was a far cry from what we were used to. We made the mistake of allowing my thai friend's mom to book our hotel in Bangkok thinking she would get us a cheaper price since she spoke thai. She sent us to the D&D.

First..it's on Kaosahn Rd. It's great if you're in your early 20's and want to party...sucks if all you want to do is unwind after a long day of touring. Kaosahn is noisy, crowded, smelly and dirty.

The hotel its self is ok but a crap shoot when it comes to the rooms. Our first room there was a concrete cell. No windows and a bed that felt like you were sleeping on a plank of wood. Friends of mine also staying there got a dirty room with pillows that reeked of "dirty hippy" and rotten something.

They do offer "deluxe" rooms which are in a much better state. On our final 2 nights we were able to book the super deluxe double room that not only had windows (no view but did let light in) but was nicely decorated and the bed was much softer. There was a slight smell (I blamed it on humidity).

The only real positive about this hotel was the 7th floor. Located there was the spa, bar, pool (the pool was a bit too dirty for my liking) and 24hr internet. The spa/beauty salon offered a wide range of services and the staff was very friendly. It's a good spot to getaway from the bangkok heat but you don't have to be a hotel guest to take advantage of the spa.

• Liked — Spa on the 7th floor
  • Disliked — Everything else
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled with friends
8 Thank silv2078

Travelers are raving about these Bangkok hotels

austria
Reviewed March 16, 2007

Arriving, we had to handover a deposit of 1000,- baht.
When we left, I made to pay for the room with a somewhat "big" note; besides, I asked them to give back my deposit. The woman behind the desk tried to betray me: She put the exchange for the big note on the desk and ordered me to sign the paper saying that I received my deposit. When I told her, that the money on the desk was only the exchange for the room, and there are 1000,- more I have to get, she started crying and the security came and they made clear, it's better for me to leave immediately, otherwise I'll get problems.
Better you pay everything with small notes.
Most of the rooms lack windows; during the night it can be very noisy. Swimmingpool on the top, works in progress, dirty.
Think, I'll try another one next visit.

10 Thank ricus
sktoon
Reviewed March 14, 2007

This was our first trip to Bangkok. Had made reservations ahead of time. Was given a room with a window. Good service. Good location. Central to shopping and touring. Staff friendly. Best part of Hotel is the pool on the roof. After shopping and all the noise of the street, a sunny getaway to the pool, a message and a cold beer is like being in paradise for a while. Skyline of Bangkok is not bad either from this location. I will stay there again.
A Canadian Couple.

Stayed March 2007
3 Thank wmu
thailand
Reviewed March 13, 2007

we booked into the d & d inn and was pleasantly suprise by the standard being offered. bangkok is the gateway to asia but it wins no prizes for its budget options, until here that is! is it the hilton or the ritz? no, but it is clean all rooms are a/c, ensuite, tv as standard if anything could be complained about it was a little souless or maybe hospital sterile but clean is good right! food okay, service overly helpfull at all levels. all in all we would return.

Stayed February 2007
1 Thank chang3
RTW
Reviewed December 5, 2006

Bangkok, as most travellers know, is the gateway to other places so we had to find a hotel to stay in for when we returned to Bangkok we booked and paid for the hotel directly in advance but our plans changed and when we contacted them they were happy to change our booking free of charge.

The staff seemed a little dozy and I did see some travellers having disagreements with prices with the reception staff.

We didn't experience any problems with them

The actually room was noisey, it was ok for our budget range though and a good location.

The rooms were OK - clean enough but nothing special and even though we did have a window it still felt quite cold and prison like.

Ok for a quick stop over don't stay here to long.

Oh and the pool was out of order when we were there!

• Liked — cheap
  • Disliked — no character/warmth
  • Tips/Secrets — Its good for a cheap stop over