“Strategy location on top of happening!”
Review of D&D INN

D&D INN
Ranked #548 of 858 Hotels in Bangkok
“Strategy location on top of happening!”
Reviewed June 1, 2014 via mobile

Strategy location and easy assess to the amazing night life in bangkok! Basically, you can drink and dance on the khao san street till midnight. Importantly, the massage shop is available till midnight after a tireness day, super duper enjoy the massage session. The most enjoyable part of inn is the roof top swimming pool, which is opened fr 9am to midnight.

Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Heng1011

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (238)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Vietnamese first
Rovinj, Croatia
Reviewed May 29, 2014

very nice staying in bangkok this winter.We were two family with children. We stayed at the beginning 3 night ,and on the end 2 night ,and everything was pretty good. Considering to the noisy street .absolutely good staying and no complain :

Room Tip: choose room one window are more quieter !!!
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Exeter, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 21, 2014 via mobile

The hostel was, for the price, great! It was clean, basic as expected, bit tatty but just being fussy!

Wifi is free and works in all the rooms, the staff are reasonably friendly and helpful when required. The roof top pool and sun lounging area is the seller, awesome atmosphere and comfy beds!

DO NOT GET THE CHEAPEST ROOM! If you book the basic single or double room, you are at the front of the hotel right on koh sahn road and YOU WILL NOT SLEEP! Reception did give warning and asked if I wanted to upgrade in fairness, I wish I did! Bassy loud loud music until 4am sharp! Didn't sleep when in bed before 4am.

Stayed May 2014
1 Thank Munro63
manchester
Reviewed May 20, 2014

We chose to stay just for 3 nights and that was plenty , good as a base you are right in the middle of everything- mostly backpackers stay here. Our room was dark and dingy with no windows but we used it only to sleep in. Included breakfast was served across the road and was quite chaotic.
The one good thing is the location

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Missboovier
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed May 18, 2014 via mobile

We were walk in guests so the price is a little cheaper as they had an offer on 3 nights for 2. I would not pay full price. We got a noisy room we were aware of this and when they say noisy I mean it's like having a club in your bedroom. I think you have the option to get a quiet no window one so this may be better. Strangely though slept fantastically. Room was clean, aircon, tv, comfy bed. Toilet broke one day and was fixed within 30 minutes, staff were nice just very busy. The pool was nice in the morning when quieter but when it gets busy no where to actually have a swim it gets that full. Location is good right on khoa san. Breakfast was included across the road the food was not brilliant and gets very busy.

• Stayed April 2014
2 Thank Lisa D

Travelers are raving about these Bangkok hotels

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 15, 2014

I stayed at this Hotel for 4 nights on deluxe room, my experience was not the best I was paying 1080 THB a night which is quite expensive for Thai standars, my room was never cleaned for 3 days until I went to the reception asked the staff to clean my room. Also the staff at the reception could not speak English properly, I have asked 5 times for a laundry bag and the lady at the reception struggled to understand me, after this she shrugged her shoulders and said: no have that pissed me right off. Also 500 THB deposit for a key is a joke.

Breakfast was horrible and across the street, how can you serve spaghetti bolognese in the morning? The only good thing about my experience was the room, nice and comfortable I must admit. Would I stay there again? No I wouldn´t.

Room Tip: Get a room towards the back, otherwise it will be too noisy
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank PabloHW
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 7, 2014

We booked this in advance as we wanted somewhere for our first night. It's very reasonably priced and the staff are friendly. We were recommended a windowless room to save us from the noise of Khaosan Road which it did, we were woken up a few times by people returning to their rooms but this was expected.
Breakfast was included which was in the restaurant across the road, not a great selection but it was better than nothing.
Great rooftop pool with sun loungers and a bar. Great place to start our trip, perfect if you want a night on Khaosan without the hassle of trying to barter a tuk tuk!

Room Tip: Window rooms are nicer but come with the street noise. Windowless rooms, dark and quiet.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple