“One of the best on Khao San Road but noisy!”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of D&D INN

D&D INN
Ranked #528 of 852 Hotels in Bangkok
London, United Kingdom
“One of the best on Khao San Road but noisy!”
Reviewed January 9, 2014

I've stayed in the D&D Inn on 2 occasions now, both times I have turned up without reserving a room and managed to get a room. However, I was warned on both occassions that the only rooms available are the noisy rooms at the front of the guesthouse. We decided to go for it as we'd had a long journey and just needed a bed for the night. When they say these rooms are the noisy rooms, they mean they are noisy! We were on the 6th floor and at 5am our room was still shaking from the vibration of the music from the bars and clubs! We found it quite amusing but if you're after some rest then defiantly don't settle for these rooms look elsewhere!
The place is clean and modern and there is a great roof top swimming pool and bar with a good view across the city.
Perfect place to stay if your new in the city and want to experience the buzzing nightlife that Bangkok has to offer!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (233)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Vietnamese first
Diss, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 6, 2014

Check staff were not very cheery.

Booked standard room through their own website not once did it mention that there would be no window and it was on the noisy street.

Upgraded to superior room which was on 6th floor and it was very nice room but expensive for one night.

500 bhat deposit for the room is required.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 29, 2013 via mobile

So normally when in this area I stay at a cheap guesthouse but for my final 2 nights I decided to 'treat' myself. Cheap enough for a private double room. Check in was ok but not much of a welcome or greeting by staff member.
Was given room facing Koh San on 6th floor which I tried to change at check in but was full apparantly. Surprisingly was quiet enough even with the street in full swing. Room was good size and clean enough as was bathroom. Was a fair trek upto my room up the lift, along the corridor, down another corridor then along another corridor. If you had forgotten something from your room down at reception you had to stretch off before completing the routine.. It's cheap enough for the location for a hotel but I would suggest a hotel in the Sukhumvit area for a little more money..

• Stayed December 2013
Pretoria, South Africa
Reviewed December 28, 2013 via mobile

Perfect place to stay if you're young and looking to have a good time in central Bangkok.

Have stayed here twice in the last 6 years and the staff are friendly, rooms tidy and sufficiently comfortable.

It is right on Khoasan Rd so if you're looking for something quiet, this is not the place for you. It is loud and full of party people.

"Does what it says on the box"

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Paris, France
Reviewed December 28, 2013

I booked 8 nights on the hotel website in advance. When I received the confirmation I sent several email to let them know that we would arrive at 1:55 in the morning. I never had any answer. Anyway when we arrived at 3:00 AM they said that we could check in, but we had to pay for an extra night or wait until 6:00. After a 24 hours journey, we didn't feel like waiting. We jumped on the occasion to change our booking for a higher category room. They asked us to visit both rooms to make sure of our choice. At night it seemed alright. They also requested a full advanced paiement of our staying, we were surprised, but as tired as we were we finally agreed. Between the party-animals who came back with thai "friends" around 4:00 or 5:00 AM and the building site's noise just behind our bedroom wall during the day, we barely slept an hour or two. After two nights of that treatment, we asked for a refund. We considered that they should have warned us in the first place of the extension going on. They didn't want to understand our point of view and offer to change our room for a "less noisy" one. In the same time at the desk an other person complained because he could feel the sound sytem's vibration of the next door bar. Compare to him, we were lucky, we had only the noise. The morning after, the poor breakfast at the "green and cheese" across the street was the final point of our disappointment. We decided to leave this place and let them dispose of our 7 nights prepaid bedroom. I am pretty sure that 15 minutes later, at least, they found a new occupier. Beside these noise issues, I won't either regret the smelly and not so clean room.

Room Tip: Find an other Hotel !
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple

Travelers are raving about these Bangkok hotels

Capitola, California
Reviewed December 23, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is smack in the middle of the Khao San madness so that was expected. The room was fine with what we were told was included and the pool on the roof was definitely a high point even if temps were cool compared to the norm.

What killed this place is the included breakfast that was historic in terms of awfulness. Both my wife and I waited for a fresh batch of eggs and when got them back to the table, they were stone cold. I would bet they were cooked long ago and stored in a fridge! Combine that with hoards of travelers deciding that many many pieces of toast were needed so the two conveyor toasters were backed up and this meal was one brutal cattle call.

One piece of advice....the protests mean a taxi to the airport is really tough to get...so many intersections are blocked so many drivers will not agree to make the trip. We tried to get to the Skytrain to avoid that and had to jump from our tuk tuk at a stalled intersection once I found a cabbie willing to make the trip. We made our flight but the tension was no fun.

We have stayed in Bangkok many times but this was our first in the heart of the backpacker zone. The place reminded me of a seedy Times Square from years back. Once was enough.

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed December 23, 2013

My Boyfriend and I stayed there from November 25-27th and we enjoyed it so much we returned on Dec 12-14th.

Pro's; Rooms were nice, clean and comfortable (we got a standard double bed). The roof top pool and bar are awesome and you can also get a reasonably priced massage on the roof. You're so close to everything being right on Khao San, we could walk to the river boats to take us to the Grand Palace etc. We also chose the option to have breakfast included and it was quite nice. Also there are internet cafes and travel agents in the entrance of the hotel to help you plan your trip.

Con's; It might get loud, when we stayed at the end of November, Khao San was just starting to get busy, and we got room 2310 that had its windows to a parking lot. It was really quiet! When we stayed in December Khao San was way busier and there were some roudy partiers running up and down the halls all night. Oh well. We had room 2309 that faced the garden court yard, which was nice.

All in all, if I were on Khao San again, I'd return to D&D.

Room Tip: Rooms near 2310 face the quiet parking lot, or get a room facing the court yard.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple