“Best reception girls in the world!!!”
Review of D&D INN

D&D INN
Ranked #610 of 881 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed February 8, 2013

I stay at the d and d everytime i have travelled to thailand! the staff are all amazing especially the staff at reception who always very helpful.... Great spot on khao san rd!!! Susie at reception is also the best of help when ever you have a problem she is always there to help guests with there travel plans!!! Thanks D anD for making me feel at home!

Room Tip: 1607 is the best room!!
There are newer reviews for D&D INN

Reviewed February 4, 2013

The hotel is right in the middle of Khao San Road. The standard rooms are small and face the street which makes them very noisy – we didn’t want to sleep in a room with no window - it's impossible to sleep at night even with earplugs on. There are other rooms on the back ( f.ex. the family room is much nicer and bigger than the standard rioom) so if you are not a party animal, I suggest to pay a little more and have a good night sleep. The staff barely speaks English, some of them are rude. The swimming pool on top is the highlight of this hotel. You can relax with cheap drinks after a long day of sightseeing.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank JuliaDo
Reviewed January 28, 2013

I have stayed at the D&D 3x now, and have found each stay to be adequate and comfortable.

FYI! As of January 2013, the charming restaurant & massage parlor behind the D&D is CLOSED and under extreme renovation. I remember the restaurant and massages here as being quite nice & I was disappointed upon my most recent visit to find both places completely torn up and in the process of being rebuilt. I wish D&Ds website had made mention to this.

Aside from that-- It's location, right in the CENTRE of Khao San can't be beat (if you want to be on Khao San, of course) and it's roof-top pool & bar are a nice treat (though the pool is always PACKED). The rooms are surprisingly quiet for a hotel so central, and the TVs, decent beds, and clean-enough bathrooms are not bad for the price.

All in all, it's a comforable home-base while you are in Bangkok. It's not the lap of luxury... but it has everything you need (plus a pool) and it's affordable enough to keep me coming back.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 25, 2013

Spent three nights in this hotel - Excellent location but dont expect to sleep if you take a road-facing standard room. Noises from Khaosan Road will keep you awake all night if you are a light sleeper.
Housekeeping services are not great even though room was clean considering there were no insects in the room unlike some other hotels. They gave us torn towels.
Breakfast is included which is good for the price of the room. Breakfast was good as well.
Pipes in the bathroom were getting clogged, which was frustrating. Telling the reception dint help.
Since I took a standard room, there were no electrical outlets for me to charge my mobile phone or camera. Had to rely on the reception to get this done.
But will I stay in this hotel again? Yes I will because of its location...

Room Tip: Please choose rooms which are not facing the road if you are a light sleeper and like to sleep early...
1  Thank SimiKutty
Reviewed January 15, 2013

We stayed for two nights when first arrived in Bangkok, if you like hustle and bustle this is the area to be in.

Pros - right on main street so massive selection of bars and places to eat including fanastic, cheap street food. Pretty good, clean room and bathroom. Very cool roof top pool and bar, which after a busy day is a welcome relief and lovely place to soak up some sun. Breakfast ok. Efficient check in, reception staff not overly friendly but willing to assist when asked.

Cons - noisy even though we choose a more expensive room on higher floor at night is was noisy, if you are a light sleeper take earplugs and you should be fine. I found the bed quite hard.

That's being said for the price this is a good choice. Be warned Khaosan Road is nuts but fun!

Enjoy

1  Thank Mimi_8016
Reviewed January 15, 2013

Wallet and passport were stolen from room by maids, receptionist refused to let me use a phone to call my credit card company, and further more began to yell at me. This was honestly one of the worst experiences I have ever had in all my travels, the service was appalling. I have never experienced a hotel employee telling me to "go fuc* my self".

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 15, 2013

We stayed here for 2 nights over New Years Eve and chose the hotel due to its location, directly on the Khao San Rd as that's where we wanted to celebrate New Year.

We had a standard double room with air con, TV and attached bathroom which cost us $27 per night. Our room was clean although it didn't have a window. If you only book a standard room you can either choose to have a window overlooking the Khao San Rd (noisy), or no window at the back of the hotel.

There is a pool on the roof as well as a bar and massage facilities. Having access to a pool is great, however the sun loungers were extremely uncomfortable, they were wooden and had no cushions on them (hint for management!).

A buffet breakfast was included in the price we paid and as this was advertised as an 'american breakfast' we had gotten our hopes up for sausages and bacon. However we were disappointed as it wasn't as advertised. Breakfast consists of cereal, toast, fruit, salad, and the only hot options were fried eggs, spaghetti, and noodles (something you'd rather eat for dinner!).

I've rated D&D as average as it is an OK hotel, but the price paid for it was way too much ($27 a night).

A quick note regarding location for newbies to Bangkok - the Khao San Rd is OK, but its transport links are awful. It is walking distance to the grand palace, but I'd rather stay in Silom or Sukhumvit in a place near the MRT / BTS line as its easy to zip around the city. Your only option of getting to / from the Khao San is a tuk tuk or taxi which can be expensive and leaves you open to scams (be careful in the Bangkok taxi's), you should always ask them to put their meter on, but even then they may take you the long way to your destination.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple