“go if you have money to spare”

Lumpinee Boxing Stadium
Ranked #79 of 570 things to do in Bangkok
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Thailand’s best-known boxing stadium hosts traditional Muay Thai matches every Tuesday, Friday and Saturday. Expect to pay around THB2000 for ring-side seats to the kickboxing-type matches.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed October 17, 2013 via mobile

first off, dont expect to get a cheaper price for your ticket. if you're a foreigner, you have to pay 2000baht for ringside seats no matter how much you haggle or look for resellers.

another thing, even if you pay the 2000 baht like everyone else, if you bought your ticket onsite, you won't be able to sit on the first rows because these are "reserved" seats.. really didnt ask how to get those, as i was already pissed at that point.

third, the place has no airconditioning and kind of dingy knowing the price you're paying.

it's also hard to reach and all taxis ask for a fixed rate since they know you dont have any other option getting out

but overall, it's a great experience to see muay thai fighters battle live (although on the night we watched it was mostly kids fighting).. plus it's great to see them now before lumpinee closes.

3  Thank EAndyB_0509
There are newer reviews for Lumpinee Boxing Stadium

Reviewed October 14, 2013

We have been to Bangkok several times, and we finally decided to go to see Mui Thai. I really enjoyed the experience. The rituals are interesting, the boxing is impressive. It's fun to be a part of the crowd.

The Lumpinee staduim is not air conditioned, so dress for warmth and drink a few cold beers. It was not uncomfortable the night we were there, but it was warm.

I'm very glad we finally attended Mui Thai. I recommend it to others

1  Thank svsmall
Reviewed October 9, 2013 via mobile

We went on a Sunday, wasn't as many good fights on (several teenagers) but still a lot of fun, the locals really get into it and create a great atmosphere. Only downside is our concierge at the hotel said specifically not to pay more than 500 baht for the upper tier tickets, and when we got there no one would sell is them for that price so we ended up paying 1500. Don't be roped in to buying ringside seats, good views from upper tiers, supposed to be standing but plenty of room to sit down.

Reviewed October 7, 2013

always love the live adrenaline of sports events, and was really looking forward to this one, and it did not disappoint. Thais are a passionate bunch, and they really added to the atmosphere. The Lumpinee boxing stadium is just conveniently located opposite Lumpini MRT, all you need to do is cross the overhead bridge and you've arrived.

Was concerned about the touting. Had planned to sit next to the locals and not at the ringside with the tourists. When I arrived at the stadium, a lady kept touting tickets to me. I walked straight to the ticket counter to purchase tickets. To my disgust, the counter official pointed me to the woman, who of course started selling me ringside tickets. As the final discounted price for ringside was 200Baht difference from the regular (which she claimed was standing only, which is not true), I decided to let it go and just enjoy the experience from ringside.

Don't let the touting discourage you from attending a true Muay Thai experience!

3  Thank puffyeyes
Reviewed October 1, 2013

Great for Muay Thai enthusiasts, an experience to remember! Was fun and eventful ringside action! The athletes range from young teenagers to adults and show great skill. Great sports good shopping around the arena.