“Great breakfast buffet, comfortable rooms”

Siri Sathorn Executive Serviced Residence
Ranked #74 of 852 Hotels in Bangkok
Pennington, New Jersey
“Great breakfast buffet, comfortable rooms”
Reviewed May 3, 2012

Good location, nice rooms and excellent breakfast buffet. Staff was very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank PawelJK

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Beijing, China
Reviewed April 11, 2012

We arrived past 0200h and was apprehensive with what to expect. The moment we arrived, our apprehension quickly disappeared. Staff was great the whole trip...and I mean everyone including the security guards!
We had the deluxe two bedroom apartment and it was a gem! Beautifully appointed, good wi-fi, three LCD TVs, DVD player, two bathrooms, equipped kitchen...
One point that was not well described by other contributors is the distance to the train station. In fact there are two stations side by side (one BTS "Saladaeng" and the other MRT "Silom"). Easy walking would take about 10-15 minutes, by shuttle (the hotel provides) would take a mere 5 minutes. The Siam Centre and CentralWorld shopping malls are two stops away from Saladaeng BTS.
And do not worry about food - lots in the vicinity.
Overall good experience and we will come back again!

Room Tip: Add a little more for a bigger apartment. Helps a lot if you have two energetic kids like us!
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Fibreace380
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed March 23, 2012

love this hotel,,, every trip i go i stay here for at least a few days,,,

good price and clean rooms... its either this or the shangrila,, which i must say is wow again...

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank Joe W
Barcelona, Spain
Reviewed March 20, 2012

we have spent 5days in Siri Sathorn (3adults and 2children) we had two bedroom apartment and it was great. the hotel is in residential area (excellent neighbourhood), 5minutes from Silom road and sky train. the service is excellent, we used room service every day and restaurant for breakfast. the pool in nice for kids to refresh. the bed was the best I have ever slept on (large and so comfortable). I would definitely recommend this hotel to my friends

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank trip_to_barcelona
Singapore
Reviewed February 25, 2012

Only been to Bangkok twice. First time stayed at Banyan Tree, but this time my colleagues and I were booked at Siri Sathorn due to budget pressure. I was a bit apprehensive at staying at a local-sounding hotel. But I am really happy we're using this hotel. Hotel pickup was smooth, check-in was friendly, quick and professional, and the lemongrass welcome drinks were a really welcome touch. Service throughout the hotel is consistently very good, the room is modern and really comfortable, the buffet is quite good and the spa massage (I chose the Indonesian style) was one of the best I've had, and I've had quite a few in my travels. THB 3,000 for a 60 sqm suite is a bargain and so far, I'm getting everything I would have expected at Banyan Tree. My wife and I just enjoyed a half-day private tour of the Grand Palace and Royal Temple, with a canal tour as well, and our tour guide, Suvit, was excellent. More actually, since this is a serviced apartment, so it's a hotel with a kitchen in your room basically. Only negative is the location. The Jim Thompson Thai restaurant is good local food, and just down the street, but otherwise, the street and immediate area are not very attractive. But overall, this is a very good place.

Room Tip: Try the suite. Ask for a room that does not look out at another building close by.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank NongFooTom
Singapore
Reviewed January 28, 2012

I have been staying in this hotel for 4 years on and off.. basically its my general hotel of preference in Bangkok, almost what i would call my home away from home. It WAS just an amazing hotel (one that you did not want anyone to find out about so you could always get a room when you wanted!) but i have noticed over the last year and a half, it has just gone from BAD to WORSE.. especially with my latest experience at the property.

I Check in for two nights on this trip, and booked one of their most expensive rooms, as i had not tried, and keen to see...

Check In... Staff too busy to even acknowledge me.. and left me waiting for 3 - 4 mins.. even one of the security staff gestured to the reception staff that i was waiting to check in. Still no response, too busy chatting with each other. The chat continued through check in and the only words the staff communicated to me was Credit Card and passport Krub... Finally told my room number and given key. No one help with my bags, and i was expected to find the lifts and elevators.. Lucky i know my way around this hotel so i went to the lift. A bell boy then finally came to help me as i was at the lift already.

This trip I booked a room I have not tired before, a Terrace Room, The room was far from what the images were online.. No Deck Chair on the terrace to relax on.. just fake grass and a crapy chair.. The layout of the terrace room is quite poor, compared to the Designer Deluxe room, you can't close off the bedroom, and its all open space.. Not really appropriate for a Apartment Suite? The TV in the room (only one) is mounted on the wall. It must have been installed by a giant, as its so high when your sitting on the sofa, you get a neck cramp looking up to the TV.. just bizarre.. obviously no thought put into it form a guest point of view when installing. In anycase I realized quickly not to sit on the sofa as after 15 mins I started getting bitten by bugs on the sofa.. and ended up with a couple nice bites... thank you!

I went to bed the first night, only to find the A/C in both the living room and bedroom area is not adjustable.. .its at a fixed temperature with digital display... Looks pretty but does nothing. The issue being the one in the bedroom was blowing out hot air.. I went to call reception on the pre-program button on the phone.. and the phone does not work.. So i randomly press buttons on the auto dial hoping to communicated to some one in the hotel.. and non of them work..

I wanted to check some emails before resting, only to find the WIFI network strength was dropping in and out.. to the point where after 15 minutes i gave up.. then tried my iPad instead of laptop, and same issue. It was late so did not bother about it to the next day.

The next morning i went to breakfast before a busy day of meetings.. The restaurant was packed like a mad house, buffet was pretty much empty. All the hot food was taken and not replenished, and I was forced to sit at a small bar counter. Not such a issue, but not what i expect. If its busy, then they should be prepared to keep up with the demand. You would think the restaurant knows how many people they were expecting for breakfast based on how many people staying in the hotel? The good thing is the coffee is great, because apart from a half cooked omelet, that was all i could get from the buffet.

Went to use with WIFI in the restaurant because it was still not working in the room in the morning, and again issues.. could not log in.. Commented to one staff member about the issue, and they told its a issue for a while, as if she was prepared for people to complain, and they would get some one to help.. Needless to say i did not get to access my emails that morning.

After being out of the hotel for the most of the second day, i returned to complete some work before a dinner meeting, only to find WIFI was still not working. I called staff to complain.. and they pass the problem and put me through to a external company that manages their WIFI and confirmed there was a issue with the system. They told me it would take 2 – 3 hours before anyone would be able to look at it... and told me to wait around in the room for them to inspect.. ?? Clearly my time is not important to them if they think i can wait around with nothing to do..!!

In any case, i left the hotel, and returned to about 3 hours later, and with in 10 mins received a phone call saying they were working on the internet and wanted me to check the internet... i was in the middle of preparing to leave again, and told them I'm busy and will check again later. After about 10 minutes, Just as i was leaving the room, I received another call from the external company almost demanding me to check the signal again... It was quite arrogant... and clearly they have no concept that guests actually have things to do and don't wait around in rooms for them to get their act together. I was quite disappointed with the staffs attitude with this and how they approached this...

Ordered room service once, just a quick snack.. order taken (good luck trying to work out how to call room service on the phone with out the pre-programing working - I suggest you dial '0' to go the operator like i had to) but i was called back 15 mins later to be told the snack item i ordered was out of stock.. Obviously the whole hotel was ordering their crab cakes that day and they run out or they forgot to make it.!

Last day was having breakfast.. thankfully they had purchased some food that day and were serving it on the buffet,.. i was given a table, and went to log into the net with my iPad... and shock to me.. its still not working.. ! GOSH... after they tell me its fixed. I got a coffee, and then went to get my breakfast only to come back and find that they had seated someone at my table.. which still had my belongings on it... The staff noticed, and i got "sorry".. but they did nothing and i was forced to move my own stuff to another table..

When i was leaving on last day, i had not had lunch, so though i would get a snack before checking out.. Lunch was good.. infact great.. Except when i ordered a beer to go with it, they told me they don't have any.. No Tiger, No Singa only Heineken.. Gosh..

From my experience there is issue with Food and Beverage and being able to manage and order food or drinks... on two times i try to order something, they tell me they don't have..

It also clearly has IT Issues in the hotel, that they have not rectified, and if you can manage to log in then good luck staying logged in and being able to do your work..

Overall this was my worst stay in Bangkok ever, and i have stayed in some really crap hotels in BKK over the years.. Staff are not empowered to fix things, and more so not interested.

It is a shame, because it was once a great property, but its not kept up with the pace of the real world when it comes to service and product.. There are quite a number of far superior hotels at a better price then Siri Sathron in this area with staff willing to assist you and better rooms, I recommend you try them!

Room Tip: If you do choose to say here, have your own 3G sim card to access the internet.. and don't be ta...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
8 Thank AsiaTravels01
Berlin, Germany
Reviewed January 27, 2012

We have probably stayed in more hotels and serviced apartments in Bangkok than just about anyone, and we think we have uncovered a serious gem amongst all the pretention and rip offs. True, the facade is a little underwhelming, and true, the rooms are not 6 star glitz, but what makes Siri Sathorn our preferred destination in Bangkok is the staff. Service is obviously a point of note in Thailand, but there is a major difference between sweet smiles and actual delivery. The staff at Siri Sathorn are invariably beyond what one expects from hotel employees and feel much more like old friends. Nothing is too much to ask and they are absolutely brilliant in their attention to detail. The apartments are serious contenders in other respects too. The location is very very good, only a short walk (and even shorter complimentary shuttle ride) to Sala Daeng, Convent etc, the rooms are spacious, comfortable & excellent value for money as a hotel alternative or short / intermediate term rental, and the facilities are as good as most five star hotels. The restaurant is very good, and there is a shuttle available at your leisure to the sister Sukhothai which lies just across Sathorn Road, and obviously boasts some of the best dining in the country. We have tried them all but keep coming back to Siri Sathorn, and will continue to do so while they maintain their immaculate service and exceptional staff. Congratulations, Beaufort Resorts, you are on a winner here.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family