Thai Cozy House
$117
$465
$77
Priceline
All reviewsthe location is perfectstreet vendorsstayed for nightsstreet foodbudget hotelpleasant stayproscons
Reviewed August 15, 2012

Room looks clean, located right beside Kao San Road, great for drinkers & those who enjoy nightlife.

Only downside, both me and my friend's rooms (different rooms) had bed bugs. We got a room change but I had to endure itchy rashes for the rest of the trip. Bummer. You get what you pay for!

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed May 31, 2012

I booked this place online so I'd have somewhere to go when I arrived from the UK. I arrived and they didn't have any record of me but I paid OK and was told I could pay daily. The AC room had no window but was comfortable enough.

Next day I went to pay and was told the price I'd paid online was a 'webspecial' (though it wasn't stated as such, and I'd been told this was the standard price), and the price they now wanted was a LOT more, which meant I had twenty minutes to pack and be on my way!

Room Tip: Basically, don't book online, walk in and haggle as I think there aren't really fixed prices. Tap the walls as they're a tad thin.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed April 5, 2012

Stayed here 3 times 2009-2012 and never had any cause for complaints. Hard to beat for value at this price and location.

Pros: Good location on a quiet street 2 blocks from the Khao San. Ticks all the boxes in terms of facilities for this price: adjustable AC; free in-room wifi; fridge; cable TV; hot shower; comfortable beds; decent wardrobe; even has a lift (useful if staying on the 5th floor); a simple breakfast is included in the price; friendly and helpful staff; the spa on the top floor also does good Thai massages for B200 an hour.

Cons: B750 rooms have no windows; furniture is functional rather than stylish; TV is old CRT with only a few international channels.

• Stayed: April 2012
1  Thank John S
Reviewed March 30, 2012

The Rooms are not worth 750Baht per night with no window or 900Baht with Window. The Staff we extremely Rude and Unhelpful. Breakfast was Nothing Special. There was Noise from the Nightclub that is Next door as other people have said in their reviews. We returned to Bangkok at the end of our Trip and stayed in another Guest House. Would not recommend this place at all.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 18, 2012

Rooms were a decent size with a tv, air conditioner, fridge and free breakfast. However this place is full of bed bugs!!! We told the guest house this and they would not refund our money.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends