“Worth a visit but don't expect too much”
Review of Baiyoke Sky Tower

Baiyoke Sky Tower
Ranked #55 of 587 things to do in Bangkok
More attraction details
Owner description: Hotel with revolving roof deck.
Reviewed June 16, 2013

Baiyoke Tower has the potential to be so much more than it is now.

I visited for the buffet lunch and a view of Bangkok from the revolving viewing floor area in May 2013. The building itself is impressive, I think the highest hotel in Asia. I visited the buffet restaurant at lunchtime with a friend for the buffet lunch. I can't remember how much the price was for the lunch and the entry to the top of the tower but it wasn't extortionate. The buffet lunch itself was expansive (yes expansive, not expensive). A huge and I mean huge selection of various food was laid out in the restaurant. My friend and I had a seat next to the window with wonderful views over Bangkok. Even though I was suffering from a monstrous hangover I managed to sample some of the masaman curry and it was delicious. My friend sampled a good proportion of the dishes and she thought they were delicious too. After lunch we went up to the revolving floor and spent 30 minutes looking over Bangkok, taking pictures and enjoying the view.

That is the good part. Sadly the building appears to have been left to decline somewhat. Whilst impressive from the outside the interior needs sprucing up. It looks old and in need of maintenance. Even a little scruffy in places. It looks more like a put together market than a supposedly hi-tech building. This takes the gloss off the whole experience. I don't know why the owners have allowed this but it really does take the shine off the whole experience.

The tower is in an area with a large market which is another attraction but it seems the tower isn't fulfilling its full potential.

Well worth a visit but I can rate it only as average.

3  Thank MrInfinity001
Write a ReviewReviews (2,539)

Reviewed June 12, 2013

The tallest building in Thailand gives an extraordinary view of the busy city of Bangkok. Well worth a visit.

Reviewed May 29, 2013

It's unfortunate that the Baiyoke Sky Tower (eating and lounge area) has not been well-maintained. The place looked rather run down and that's such a pity as the views were lovely. We went for the buffet lunch -- although the spread is OK, the quality is average. But food aside, the views made up for it and the waiting area was a good place for kids - with many photo taking opportunities (tuk-tuk, "hot air balloon", "mini garden"). There was a magician and clown as well and my daughter loved it. she had a very enjoyable lunch and so, as an outing for kids, i would recommend this place. however, be aware that there are many tourist groups coming here so be prepared for a crowded lunch time and queues for the food at times.

One thing to note is that Baiyoke is quite near to the The Platinum Fashion Mall. To get there, just go across to the local market which is opposite Baiyoke and walk through the market. At the end of the market where the main road is, stands Platinum Fashion Mall. So it is possible to have a one day outing here -- lunch followed by shopping. The local market can be hot and stuffy. But one can look forward to the air-conditioned comfort of Platinum Mall.

1  Thank longweiz
Reviewed May 23, 2013

The view was very nice at Baiyoke sky tower. Whereas the varieties of food is very basic but as comapre to the price is very reasonable. Recommended to go but don't expect much about it.

Reviewed May 21, 2013

I was a bit hesitant to go, But wow for around 12 aud which included a drink alcoholic or soft drink ,and popcorn I really felt I got value for money, not to mention the amazing view. I only wish I had of gone for the buffet which wasn't overly dear for a meal at an amazing attraction. I will definitely visit this attraction again.

1  Thank Tracey2468