“nice swimming pool”
Review of Reno Hotel

Reno Hotel
Ranked #526 of 884 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed September 28, 2013

Hi, I have been at Reno hotel last month.
I regularly stay here.
Because this is the center of attraction in Bangkok.
Shopping , Tour travel , Business.
Last time, I was very impressed , swimming pool very nice.it was renovated.
I like to swim, sunlight in the morning, and get relax in the evening.
Of course, w'll be here again in next time .

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Puwan L

Reviewed September 4, 2013

My first time visiting the Reno Hotel was in October 2006. Since then the price has gone way up and yet, I must say the service has remained precisely the same. I am still a bit stunned that more hasn't been done to improve the feel for the hotel... free WIFI is a must yet they still charge.
Why?
This is a question that must be addressed. It is not only unfair but a slap in the face to anyone trying to make contact with home. Taking advantage is what I'd like to call it. There is no need for it.
The last time we stayed there was a massive party going on in the 3rd floor. It was horrendous drunken mess. At 2am we called reception..
- "excuse me, but I am very upset with the noise and disruption on the 3rd floor - room 3^&*. Could you send someone upstairs to STOP the noise. It's 2am. We have a flight at 6am tomorrow." (this was done in Thai language).
So what happened next ???
I went down stairs and I see 2 police officers watching TV and the desk phone ringing off the hook. Already their were 3 couples standing downstairs angry at the desk clerk -

"Why are you guys doing nothing about the noise?" asked one customer -

"How many times do I have to call you!!" asked the other

"We are paying for this service... you gotta be joking!" said a man from the southern states

Then I asked in Thai what was happening - and why something wasn't being done. I also asked other angry patrons for me to have a chat with them which they so obliged...

I was calm and polite.

The woman agreed and called 2 staff to the front to deal with the problem, which they did, reluctantly. My wife (also Thai) was upset and gave the hotel staff a dressing down in the morning and then was given an honest apology. You can be assured on apology was NOT given to the other visitors that complained.

So, this was our final experience. We've decided against staying again.
One should NOT need to put up with a "mai penh rai" attitude in a professional establishment.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank jwhyi
Reviewed August 11, 2013

Good position for Discovery and MBK shopping Malls with old style street food outside the door. Good 'feel safe' hotel with a family run feel. Reception very helpful. Ok no hairdryer in the room but hey just pop down to Reception and they will provide one free.Rooms basic and the bed could be a bit more comfortable. It was a shame - just as a reminder to smokers please dont smoke in the room go on the balcony its inconsiderate the smell was very hard to get out. Coffee shop very good and a selection of 5 menus for breakfast brilliant value for money. Pool was very clean and big good air con and nice clean sheets and towels. Safe in the room although mine didnt work most do though.
No lift but no problem with lugguage the porter is very accommodating and its only 3 floors by the end of my stay 3 nights the climb was good for me !!
Would stay again

Room Tip: Try the Pizza restaurant next door -excellent
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 18, 2013

Pros: I stayed at this hotel twice. The first time was not impressive but I chose this for the second time because of its great location. If you are shopaholic and intend to hang out in shopping landmarks for the whole day, this place is good enough. Just 5 mins walking to BTS National Stadium and opposite to MBK. Also, price is reasonable. Staff is friendly. Reception area is well-decorated.

Cons: Room quality is poor. My room was ok with basic furnitures, however, my friend's room was bad. Everything inside is old and some broken. Pool is under renovation/ construction most of the time. Dark lobby. Breakfast is quite basic, only bread & eggs or porridge.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 7, 2013

The hotel lobby is nice and comfortable, the room looks pretty old though, but still ok and clean for just 2 nights stay. Hotel staff is efficient and friendly. I did not bring my adapter and they willingly loan one to me. There were no toothbrush and toothpaste so please bring your own. The hotel is near the National Stadium station and is opposite MBK, so it is really convenient. Breakfast at Reno was good, they let you choose out of 5 breakfast sets in a comfy Reno cafe. Wifi is only free for the first hour so make sure you have done all your surfing within that one hour

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Jadebottle
Reviewed July 3, 2013 via mobile

The location is fine, just beside de skytrain and mbk.
The staff at the reception are very helpful, not so much at the restaurant in the morning, but in general there is a good equivalence between what you pay and what you get

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed May 23, 2013

I have stayed at the Reno Hotel several times over the past six years or so. The most recent trip was for three days in May 2013. There was a time when I would have given this hotel four stars out of five, but prices have risen over the past two years to a point where it is no longer the good deal it once was. Current prices for their standard room as of this writing are 1490 baht with breakfast included. The price was 1280 two years ago. Not much has changed in the interim as far as I can tell, except that they have added some paint to brighten up the rooms. It is possible to get a 10% discount on the room rate, but you must make payment for the entire stay at least 24 hours before arrival. Payment by credit card is possible at the hotel. I don't know whether they will take the number through e-mail or over the phone for advance payment.

The best thing about the Reno hotel is its location. It is on a small soi just off of Rama I road. It is very near Siam Square, and a short walk from MBK shopping center, Siam Discovery, and the National Stadium BTS Skytrain station. However, there are several hotels on this little soi so the great location is not unique to the Reno. I found the staff to be friendly and helpful and the rooms were clean. The hotel has an outdoor pool, a nice restaurant with four options for breakfast and some outdoor seating, and a free hour of wi-fi each day. Additional wi-fi costs 50 baht per hour. The wi-fi can be tricky to manage if you have a popup blocker. The first day, I used about 15 minutes and then could not find a way to logout. I turned off the computer but the rest of the time expired anyway. I learned that you can reacquire the login/logout page by typing the following into a web browser: 192.168.100.1

The rooms are not well insulated, so they tend to heat up quickly when the A/C is off, and then take some time to cool down once turned back on. Each room has a refrigerator, and two bottles of water are supplied each day. The rooms have a safety box. Another nice feature, if you have a before-dawn flight, is that you can book a cab in advance with the little concierge desk. I did not do so this time around, but in the past, the cost was 500 baht and the cab was always waiting for me at the time specified. It saves having to try to flag a cab at 4 AM.

Room Tip: There is a phone in the hall near the head of each staircase. The desk sometimes calls up to the cl...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business