“Very impressed”

Reno Hotel
Ranked #526 of 884 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed October 3, 2012

I am from Lao.
I've stayed at Reno hotel many times.
I like this hotel very much. The staff is nice and very friendly.
This hotel is close to big shopping centers , MBK, Siam Paragon, Centralworld. And near BTS Station which is very convenient and safe for me.
And this time I came with my friend. I see a new pool that has been renovated beyond recognition rarely. It's very pretty and wider.
I like the design of the pool too. My friend was very impressed.
I decided to stay with friends at the room on pool view by without hesitation.
My room rate 1,600 baht / night, which I think is not too expensive.
It is clean, comfortable room with nice view and atmosphere.
Daytime I went to swimming and ate at beside the pool with my friends.
Singing and dancing in the evening at the restaurant.
I saw a small party among friends here. It was warm and so fun.
I think that after I go back home. Will recommend my friends to stay here. I certify that I have been quite impressed. I love Reno hotel.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Promsorn_Suriya

Reviewed June 12, 2012

The rooms aren't bad as such but are clearly overpriced compared to the other options in the area. The service ranges from very good to horrendous depending on who you happen to be attended by. The best thing about the hotel is the restaurant, which serves excellent Thai food at a very good value.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Batuta K
Reviewed June 6, 2012

We needed a hotel room for a night close to MBK shopping centre. The reno hotel is a block away from MBK so its a great location for shopping. The room was large and air-conditioned although basic. There was a nice pool which was cleaned every day.
The free breakfast was basic but nice.
Overall a good stay.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Atraveller1989
Reviewed May 25, 2012

The location is close to MBK and Siam Square, and pretty convenient to the Skytrain. We stayed in both the Deluxe and the standard rooms. They weren't much different, except for a small fridge and a safe. The air conditioner in the deluxe room made funny noises, but otherwise everything worked. We visited in late April 2012-- it was pretty hot, but the swimming pool was closed for renovation. I would have preferred it if they had let us know, as we might have booked elsewhere. The restaurant is nothing special, but a breakfast of eggs or porridge is included.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Mayasalaama
Reviewed May 12, 2012

We stayed 4 nights in this hotel.First night we stayed in Standard room because the delux room were fully booked.Both type of room are the same size everything work well ,Hot shower, A/C, TV, In Standard room had 2 single seperate bed.. no Fridge and safety box.But in Delux room had double bed, safety box and fridge. They have swimming pool and nice garden that you can enjoy it during the hot mid day. Breakfast was ok.. instant coffee and you can choose the breakfast choice from the menu...Thai ,European or American breakfast. The location was great!it's infront of Siam square..2 minitues walk to sky train...and off the main street so it is quiet area!!

Room Tip: If you are couple go for Delux room! If friends go for standard room!;-)
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank BeautySwitzerland
Reviewed April 29, 2012

I'd been travelling around Thailand and Cambodia and for my last stops in Bangkok had stayed at Siam@Siam and the Pathumwan Princess, so I thought it might be time to give the bank balance a break and find somewhere a bit cheaper.

The location is excellent, a moment's walk from the BTS and MBK. Despite this central location I found the hotel quiet - ask for a room at the top/back of the hotel.

The rooms are fairly basic. The first one they showed me had a dirty bathroom. The second was ok but there was some serious building work outside. The third was fine. It's definitely worth asking to see the rooms and be ready to have a look at a few.

I was pleasantly surprised. Yes, it's no frills. But I got a very good night's sleep, the wifi connection was good, there's a nice little coffee shop downstairs to grab a coffee and a snack and if you walk for 5 minutes you're in Siam Square.

It's not the sort of place I would book in advance, but will definitely consider it again when I'm back in Bangkok.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank boytaylor
Reviewed April 21, 2012

Food nothing great.
Rooms nothing flash.
Location out of the way.

Room Tip: Find another place.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo