“Comfortable, clean and good for shoppers”
Review of Reno Hotel

Reno Hotel
Ranked #542 of 881 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed January 17, 2012

We enjoyed our stay here. The staff were very helpful and respectful at check in and answered our numerous questions whenever they would come up. Location is great for shopping with MBK just across the street and the other Siam malls just 2 minutes further away.

The rooms were very clean, spacious and comfortable and a decent value. Showers were always hot and our room was cleaned thoroughly every day. There's a safe in the room and the TV carries lots of sports channels amongst about 60 Thai channels. WiFi is not free (and a little expensive), but works well in the rooms. Since it's not free I was hoping it would be a faster connection though. You can pick up the Nissan dealership's free WiFi in the lobby's cafe if you want.

There's currently some construction going on next door, but it wasn't too loud even though they seem to work all night. Maybe bring some earplugs.

I'd definitely recommend the hotel.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Reno Hotel

Reviewed January 11, 2012

Two wondeful stays here. Throughly enjoyed. Food, hospitality, pool, excellent. Needs some tlc but suits the price.

• Stayed: September 2011
Reviewed November 20, 2011

This hotel is quite old but we found it was al-right for a one night stay. Bed was o.k.The staff were friendly and quick to put our safe write when we had a problem.Breakfast is what you would expect for a low price,not much but nice coffee.Short walk to MBK and other stuff.Would i stay there again ..Yes make of that what you will but I'm not a moaner.Many an American GI had a good time there.

Room Tip: There is no lift so suggest first floor rooms.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Dickos691
Reviewed October 27, 2011

Perfect hotel, in front of siam square, if you like to be healthy, you can spend whole day walk to siam paragon, mbk, pratunam, platinum,central world, and shop till you drop. This hotel just 5 mins walk from mbk.

• Stayed: September 2011
2  Thank dhahon
Reviewed July 20, 2011

We spent our last night in Thailand here and it was a good choice. A room was available with short notice, and reception was quick to organise everything. The deluxe room was big, comfortable, clean and nicely decorated. The balcony could use a chair or two, but the view is nothing special. This hotel is in a great location in the centre of Bangkok, and is within walking distance of MBK and other large shopping centres. It has big and comfortable amenities, including a bath. The wifi is not free, and you have to purchase separate wifi for each device (we didn't realise and had to keep logging in and out to swap between our phones). The Reno bar has both indoor and outdoor areas and a good selection of drinks.

Room Tip: Book ahead to choose how much you want to pay
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
5  Thank katfight21
Reviewed June 13, 2011

Reno is one of the older hotels, but really close to the Skytrain. Don't stay in one of the deluxe rooms facing the front as it is very noisy. The rooms are a bit run down, but for the price and location, it's OK.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank craigt3365
Reviewed May 17, 2011

I was here with my family last week.
My mother likes this hotel very much.
All staff very lovely and friendly.
They are always take care of her. (My mother has a leg problem)
My children very enjoy the swimming pool.
They are use 2 hrs swimming every day.
Tours staff very helpful. They are very welcome to recommends the best tour to me. Cheap and good staff guide.
I have lived the room on pool side view.
My room is clean and nice. Private bathroom . Soft drink , tea and coffee. Also have breakfast every day.
Enjoy to the music by the best singer in the evening.
I can sing with him, so funny.
Foods in the restaurant are very delicious .
Have many kinds. Thai food are very spicy for me , but it’s ok.
Hotel location is in the center of shopping zone.
MBK , Siam Paragon , Siam center , Jim Thompson’s house Bangkok Art and Culture Center , Central world .etc.
Very easy to come here. It’s near to National stadium BTS station.
In the last day after checked out I could keep all my luggage in the luggage room and took shower before I went to the airport. My flight at night time.
Taxi transport to the Airport 500 baht. The taxi’s driver always standby . Gentle and safe don’t worry.
I don’t care about the price. Because, I got everything more than I paid.

I would like to recommend this hotel to all my friends .
This is the best hotel I have ever lived.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family