“Great!”

Ranked #140 of 867 Hotels in Bangkok
Bangkok
“Great!”
Reviewed August 22, 2012

Affordable, clean rooms, great staff (especially restaurant staff), great breakfast (included), free shuttle to end of the street, great view, great pool, great location. Great. Apart from the fact that the television had bad reception so we couldn't watch cable...but who cares.

Room Tip: Ask for a view. Maybe avoid being directly above the pool as it won't be very private on your ba...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
suthee C, Front Office Manager at Centre Point Sukhumvit 10, responded to this review, October 2, 2012
Thank you for your comments, we are deeply sorry for the interruption of the TV signal while you resided at Centre Point as when the weather turns bad, sometimes it affected the TV reception of the channels directing from satellite at short interval period; however, the channels directing from the cable will not encounter such problem. However, we will look into solving this issue and thank you for choosing Centre Point Sukhumvit.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (161)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Ft. Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed August 20, 2012

The Good: The staff is quite helpful (although being saluted every time I passed was a little annoying) and the breakfast was plentiful, fresh and varied every day.

The Bad: It's a long way down Suukhumvit 10, a very narrow and busy road; the shower in my room flooded the bathroom floor every day - when I complained at the front desk, I was told that I should tell maintenance; they don't replace the toiletries that run out and didn't even replace the water every day; the hotel lost power my last day, and was scheduled to have no power the next three days for repairs; if you are staying in the garden rooms, you have to use a key card to exit the main building and to enter the other building - unfortunately the card readers don't work well and it always took 3-5 tries to open the door. In a fire, having to use a key card to exit a building could be life threatening; the rooms are very dated and a bit run down, although kept clean; whenever you first turn on the TV, it shows video footage from the security camera in the lobby - I thought this was creepy and unnecessary; and although the bed is comfortable, the pillows were so hard that I had to go out and buy my own in order to sleep.

My biggest complaint - the rooms are not as advertised. I booked a Garden Deluxe, which on the hotel website and the various hotel booking sites is advertised as being 50 square meters. The room I received, which I verified to be a Garden Deluxe, was only 6 x 7 meters (42 square meters; almost 20% smaller than advertised) if you included the balcony. The bedroom area was only 6 x 4 meters. I was expecting a spacious room, and received a cramped one instead. In my view, this is careless advertising at best and false advertising at worst.

Room Tip: Choose the main building (avoid Garden rooms) so you don't have the hassles of using a key to ex...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank flaphoto
Thank you for your insight comments, they are definitely strive us to improve our services given to our customers. First of all, we would like to apologize for the inconveniences you have encountered during your stay with us. We will definitely look into these matters seriously especially on your comment on size of room advertised which including the balcony, and we hope that we will be at your service again in the future.
Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed July 29, 2012

I have stayed in Bangkok on many occasions during my 13 years living in Asia. I had normally opted for mid-to-higher range places in the Sukhumvit area such as Park View, Manhattan, Chatra Court (now Best Comfort), Zenith, Ambassador etc. But they have nearly all disappointed, either through poor customer service, being overly-priced, no free wi-fi, terrible breakfasts, 'non-smoking' rooms that reek of tobacco, filthy pools, or simply shabby rooms in need of renovation.

Well, as long as the price remains reasonable (but I presume this will be seasonal), I can't see myself staying anywhere but Centre Point in future. This was my second stay and it is excellent. For less than a small, shabby room in a 4-5 star hotel, why not have a full serviced apartment with 5-star amenities?

The view from the balcony was excellent, and the full kitchen, laundry, hi-fi and DVD facilities in the rooms are useful for extended stays. The living room was spacious and comfortable with large windows. The pool was lovely, and the breakfast above-average. I usually expect my hotels to match the kind of standard of living I have at home. I have to say, Centre Point is much nicer than my place in Mumbai!

The location is about a 5-10min walk down from Sukhumvit but there is a free shuttle tuk-tuk that regularly takes you to the high street or back. The service is so good that if the driver recognises you, he will pick you up on the way. Well worth giving him a tip (not that I saw many other guests doing this, unfortunately).

Service throughout is polite and charming. Staff have clearly been well-trained. For example, they forgot to return my THB1000 deposit when I checked out. I emailed them about this a few days later and they replied within 24 hours. That puts most hotels to shame.

One catch is that room services closes with the kitchen at 10pm, but that's a small price to pay for staying somewhere MUCH better than most Bangkok hotels. Anyway, you can always order a delivery from local restaurants.

Room Tip: In my first night, I was put in a 'garden room' (i.e. ground floor). This was fine: spacious...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Thank you for your praised comments on our service provided, we hope that we will be at your service again in the future.
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed July 25, 2012

Stayed here for 2 nights in July 2012 for vacation. Arrived very late by taxi but my room cards were waiting at reception and bags taken up for me. I was given a quick lowdown on the room by the porter. The room I chose was a "deluxe 38sqm" and was well priced including breakfast for 2. Breakfast offering was very good, if you can't find something to eat here it's your own fault. A full range of hot dishes, cooked to order eggs etc, pastries, fresh fruit, cereals, PROPER coffee and fruit juices. I thought it was very good. Room was clean and spacious with a small kitchenette if you felt inclined to cook (I didn't). Good size balcony with lovely view over the lake. Usual toiletries in the bathroom. And a washing machine in the kitchen which would be great if you were traveling for a long period. WiFi is free and is very good. Staff are very friendly, especially the security and tuk tuk guys. The tuk tuk is a great service, but it's quite an easy walk from Sukhumvit. I didn't use the pool or games room so can't comment. There is a small "spa" downstairs and a convenience store too. Would absolutely stay here again for a Bangkok holiday. Be aware that they do require a cash room deposit or a hold on your credit card which takes 2 weeks to lift. Have the cash ready is my advice. Overall, very impressed.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 24, 2012

The hotel is around 400 yards from Sukhumvit and then more or less the same to Asoke station.
Soi 10 is an "Alley", a dead end street, it seems like hot to walk during the day and dark at night They have a TuK Tuk which brings you to Sukhumvit but you have to walk back if you can not call them or have a Thai Telefon.
I arrived at around 11pm, a friendly man at the reception, gave him my reservation and waited and waited. Finally he told me the room is in the "Garden Wing". mentioning a price of 10400,- Bath plus Tax and service coming to more than 12 000,- when his helper came back with my Passport and Credit card and stub he had charged me 16 000,- Bath. The explanation he had was, it would be for anything which I might eat or drink and the rest it would be returned. This was my first upset. We went to the Garden Wing, passing through 3 doors to a building in the back. When the room was opened an awfull stink from smoking came out and I told him my reservation was for a nonsmoking room and a delux studio. so back we went . Arriving at the check in I looked at my reservation again were it said the 10400 Bath included the tax and service charge and that in fact had not booked a garden room.
now 20 minutes had passed, finally he found a one bedroom, up we went in the main building.
Yes it was a large one bedroom unit, full kitchen, Dining table for 4, living room with table chairs and a plastic sofa and TV.
When I turned on the Air Con which was outside of the bedroom window knew that it would be a horrible night with the horrible noise coming from it. So i let it cool down, turned it off, went to bed until the heat woke me up, turned it on and off until 8AM.
We went to breakfast at nine,checking out the food containers, there were only 3 strips of beacon in one, a few fried potatoes, 4 tomatoes, a few sausages, 3 different cheeses , 3 different cold cuts besides what else you find in Thai hotels for breakfast,when we came back later found only 1 beacon, 2 tomatoes and no sausages. But there was plenty of fruit around.
At that time I had made up my mind that I would not stay in this Hotel any longer and told
the Reception this. I was informed that i would have to pay for the 4 days i had booked.
When I showed them the Reservation slip where it said one night will be charged for no show and since I stayed one night they had no right to charge me 3 more and besides I was overcharged with the tax and also they had no right to charge me more than the room cost. Now it went from one woman to another they went into an office and out and no manager ever came,. At the end they told me the overcharge will be refunded in 7 days and they would only charge me an extra night. I told them that I think " you are black mailing me" but I am leaving.
We went to Majestic Grande for 3 nights and really liked this Hotel and which had one of the BEST breakfast in Thailand, besides it was only 100 yards from Sukhumvit

After returning to USA I send Booking.com a letter, it went back and forth relaying me messages from the hotel and why they would not refund me the second night i did not use.despite it clearly said one night well be charged >>>

Well, at the end American Express refunded me the money for the "Extra"night.

Room Tip: Check if everything works.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank erniep747
Yallingup
Reviewed July 23, 2012

Centre Point has the most amazing & friendly staff.
Always pleasant,happy & willing to help.
We were guests of my daughter,who was staying at Hotel.
Her 3 bedroom apartment was so spacious & well equipped.
The views were amazing from living room & all bedrooms.
Balconies that you can use were a bonus.
Would certainly stay again.
Quiet off main street,tuk tuk to drop you in centre conveniently runs all day & night.

Room Tip: Choose upper levels,if you like stunning night time views. Also lake views are pleasant.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Trishc22
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed July 18, 2012

Great service, luxurious room, the friendliest staff in the world, a delicious selection at breakfast. Really comfortable bed. Quiet, blackout curtains. Hard to find fault. Well done to all the staff here, a very professionally run hotel. We had a brilliant stay for 7 nights.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends