I have stayed in Bangkok on many occasions during my 13 years living in Asia. I had normally opted for mid-to-higher range places in the Sukhumvit area such as Park View, Manhattan, Chatra Court (now Best Comfort), Zenith, Ambassador etc. But they have nearly all disappointed, either through poor customer service, being overly-priced, no free wi-fi, terrible breakfasts, 'non-smoking' rooms that reek of tobacco, filthy pools, or simply shabby rooms in need of renovation.
Well, as long as the price remains reasonable (but I presume this will be seasonal), I can't see myself staying anywhere but Centre Point in future. This was my second stay and it is excellent. For less than a small, shabby room in a 4-5 star hotel, why not have a full serviced apartment with 5-star amenities?
The view from the balcony was excellent, and the full kitchen, laundry, hi-fi and DVD facilities in the rooms are useful for extended stays. The living room was spacious and comfortable with large windows. The pool was lovely, and the breakfast above-average. I usually expect my hotels to match the kind of standard of living I have at home. I have to say, Centre Point is much nicer than my place in Mumbai!
The location is about a 5-10min walk down from Sukhumvit but there is a free shuttle tuk-tuk that regularly takes you to the high street or back. The service is so good that if the driver recognises you, he will pick you up on the way. Well worth giving him a tip (not that I saw many other guests doing this, unfortunately).
Service throughout is polite and charming. Staff have clearly been well-trained. For example, they forgot to return my THB1000 deposit when I checked out. I emailed them about this a few days later and they replied within 24 hours. That puts most hotels to shame.
One catch is that room services closes with the kitchen at 10pm, but that's a small price to pay for staying somewhere MUCH better than most Bangkok hotels. Anyway, you can always order a delivery from local restaurants.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Centre Point Sukhumvit 10 Hotel is located in Bangkok's business district and family recreational area. It is a short walk to the Nana and Asoke skytrain station as well as the Sukhumvit subway station. The property offers shuttle service to the main road throughout the day. Guests can enjoy using the outdoor pool (salted), fitness center, sauna, steam, play room for kids, recreation room, a business center, and conference room also good exercise with our providing bicycle at Benjakitti Public Park near our hotel. Rooms are spacious and designed in a Thai contemporary or colonial style complete with a balcony, fully equipped kitchen, toaster, microwave, refrigerator, washer and dryer, ironing amenities, and a dining area - all of which will ensure guests the greatest comfort. Centre Point Sukhumvit 10 Hotel is your one-stop destination for quality hotel accommodation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Orbitz, Hotwire, Priceline, Travelocity, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Centre Point Sukhumvit 10 reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Centre Point Sukhumvit 10 Hotel Bangkok
- Centre Point Sukhumvit 10 Bangkok