The hotel is around 400 yards from Sukhumvit and then more or less the same to Asoke station.
Soi 10 is an "Alley", a dead end street, it seems like hot to walk during the day and dark at night They have a TuK Tuk which brings you to Sukhumvit but you have to walk back if you can not call them or have a Thai Telefon.
I arrived at around 11pm, a friendly man at the reception, gave him my reservation and waited and waited. Finally he told me the room is in the "Garden Wing". mentioning a price of 10400,- Bath plus Tax and service coming to more than 12 000,- when his helper came back with my Passport and Credit card and stub he had charged me 16 000,- Bath. The explanation he had was, it would be for anything which I might eat or drink and the rest it would be returned. This was my first upset. We went to the Garden Wing, passing through 3 doors to a building in the back. When the room was opened an awfull stink from smoking came out and I told him my reservation was for a nonsmoking room and a delux studio. so back we went . Arriving at the check in I looked at my reservation again were it said the 10400 Bath included the tax and service charge and that in fact had not booked a garden room.
now 20 minutes had passed, finally he found a one bedroom, up we went in the main building.
Yes it was a large one bedroom unit, full kitchen, Dining table for 4, living room with table chairs and a plastic sofa and TV.
When I turned on the Air Con which was outside of the bedroom window knew that it would be a horrible night with the horrible noise coming from it. So i let it cool down, turned it off, went to bed until the heat woke me up, turned it on and off until 8AM.
We went to breakfast at nine,checking out the food containers, there were only 3 strips of beacon in one, a few fried potatoes, 4 tomatoes, a few sausages, 3 different cheeses , 3 different cold cuts besides what else you find in Thai hotels for breakfast,when we came back later found only 1 beacon, 2 tomatoes and no sausages. But there was plenty of fruit around.
At that time I had made up my mind that I would not stay in this Hotel any longer and told
the Reception this. I was informed that i would have to pay for the 4 days i had booked.
When I showed them the Reservation slip where it said one night will be charged for no show and since I stayed one night they had no right to charge me 3 more and besides I was overcharged with the tax and also they had no right to charge me more than the room cost. Now it went from one woman to another they went into an office and out and no manager ever came,. At the end they told me the overcharge will be refunded in 7 days and they would only charge me an extra night. I told them that I think " you are black mailing me" but I am leaving.
We went to Majestic Grande for 3 nights and really liked this Hotel and which had one of the BEST breakfast in Thailand, besides it was only 100 yards from Sukhumvit
After returning to USA I send Booking.com a letter, it went back and forth relaying me messages from the hotel and why they would not refund me the second night i did not use.despite it clearly said one night well be charged >>>
Well, at the end American Express refunded me the money for the "Extra"night.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Centre Point Sukhumvit 10 Hotel is located in Bangkok's business district and family recreational area. It is a short walk to the Nana and Asoke skytrain station as well as the Sukhumvit subway station. The property offers shuttle service to the main road throughout the day. Guests can enjoy using the outdoor pool (salted), fitness center, sauna, steam, play room for kids, recreation room, a business center, and conference room also good exercise with our providing bicycle at Benjakitti Public Park near our hotel. Rooms are spacious and designed in a Thai contemporary or colonial style complete with a balcony, fully equipped kitchen, toaster, microwave, refrigerator, washer and dryer, ironing amenities, and a dining area - all of which will ensure guests the greatest comfort. Centre Point Sukhumvit 10 Hotel is your one-stop destination for quality hotel accommodation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Hotwire, Ctrip TA, Priceline, Orbitz, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Centre Point Sukhumvit 10 reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Centre Point Sukhumvit 10 Hotel Bangkok
- Centre Point Sukhumvit 10 Bangkok