Cape House, Bangkok
$251
Orbitz.com
$462
  • Pool
All reviewswashing machinesoi langsuanmercury villebusiness loungethe executive loungeitalian bistroone bedroom apartmentlemon farmchitlom btslang suanchit lom stationliving roomcentral department storeserviced apartmentlumpini parksmall kitchenapartment hotel
Reviewed June 14, 2013

Paid 3,100 baht per night, breakfast (2 pax), tax and service charges inclusive. Studio Apartment which my friend and I checked into was HUGE! sleeping area segregated from living room which has both coffee table and dining table. Bathroom was also huge. Didn't like the quality of the shampoo and liquid soap very much but I think I'm just picky. Bathroom has shower area and bathtub.

Kitchen is barely 2x2m but has a full size fridge, utensils and cutlery (as of all service apartments).

Room was very clean, and every thing in great working condition except the tap at the kitchen sink which was difficult to turn and close.

Staff were very friendly and helpful.

The Executive Lounge was also available for our use from 9am to 10pm, with good food and a reasonably good spread of teas. The spread included smoked salmon asparagus, a good selection of pastries on grill to keep warm, a good selection fruits and a staff to assist in fruit peeling and cutting. There was also 3 types of sugar which we could choose from - Amber, Jade and something else which I cannot recall....

Location - fantastic location, only 3 min walk to Chit Lom BTS which is at the heart of BKK's shopping area, just 1 BTS station away (10mins walk) from Siam Paragon etc...

The area is also non-rowdy, with enough people around and not deserted. A huge Starbucks and massage/ dining mall is just 1 min away.

Restaurant at serviced apartment is voted by Thailand's Tatler as best Italian restaurant!
We wanted to order the Crazy Sauce Porcini Pappardelle but later found out it was spicy which my friend couldn't stomach. The restaurant was nice enough to make a special order of Pesto Cream Pappardelle which is the best Pesto Cream pasta I ever had.
Carbonara was also fabulous!

Crème Brulee was good but not the Tiramisu which we felt paled far in comparison with many others we had tried in Singapore.

Breakfast was good - good selection of international spread with a little surprise of a small Japanese section.

Really love this place and would come back again!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank ptaxol
Kasemkij_Group, General Manager at Cape House, Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2013

The Cape House, Bangkok, thanks you for your positive and informative review which spreads our secret of excellent location, great facilities, delicious food, and wonderful staff to other readers. We looking forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed June 13, 2013

We recently stayed at Cape House for 7 nights and had a perfect stay. The area is quiet yet only a short walk to major shopping centres and BTS. As its a one way street there is less traffic adding to the quietness ( we had a street facing room on the 12th floor and heard no outside noise at all).

Our one bedroom unit was clean and very comfortable, more like a home away from home. The bed was extremely comfortable which was wonderful as beds can be on the hard side in Thailand. The housekeeping staff were thorough and friendly. My partner was very unwell (nothing to do with Cape house) and she happily either cleaned around him or came back later even though I am sure it interupted her day. It was no trouble and greatly appreciated by us.

The pool area on a higher floor was beautiful and clean. Lots of chairs or sunbeds. There is small shop near the pool, very handy if you wanted a drink or snack. Although there is a 7/11 across the road. Breakfast was plentiful and fresh. We had a very nice meal there one night too.

The staff in particular were wonderful. From the front office, to the cleaning staff, to the shop staff, to the restaurant staff, to the lovely man that opened the hotel door for me every trip in and out with a big smile, I was very impressed. Nothing was too much trouble.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank GeorgetteCanberra
Kasemkij_Group, General Manager at Cape House, Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded June 17, 2013

The Cape House, Bangkok, is very pleased to learn that your 7 night stay with us was perfect, and that nothing was too much trouble for our staff. Your positive mention of staff has been shared with them. Now that you know our secret of excellent location, great facilities, and wonderful staff, which attracts not only long term, but short term, guests, we look forward to serving you again soon. Thank you for your positive endorsement.

Reviewed June 12, 2013 via mobile

This is my third stay here in teo months and the level of excellent service is very consistent.

Though the room I got this time is due for a bit of preventive maintenance, it was still a good stay. What's missing are mixture of sleep pillows in the room.

• Stayed: June 2013
3  Thank Ahguru
Kasemkij_Group, General Manager at Cape House, Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded June 14, 2013

The Cape House, Bangkok, is pleased to learn that your 3rd stay with us met your expectations and we look forward to welcoming you to many more stays with us. Thank you for your positive review.

Reviewed June 3, 2013

My words can t express the disappointment regarding this place. Firstly let s say we had stayed at another hotel the previous week ( the Anantara) for the same price so we expected something similar in terms of service and facilities. Oh man we couldn't have been more wrong, what an utter disappointment!
We were supposed to stay for two nights but we left after one and went back to the Anantara (another level altogether).
When we booked we requested an extra bed as my mum was travelling with my hubby and myself but we didn't expect a camping kids bed in the middle of the room! Although it was already rather late 12am (we were coming back to Bangkok after a week in Phuket) I went straight away to the reception to complain (I have posted a photo of the bed so you can see for yourself), but the receptionist after talking to the manager said that if we wanted we could have paid extra for an upgrade. I thought this was a joke but no it was for real, they were asking me for more money. If I could, l would have left that place straight away but they wouldn't even have the decency to refund us the money. So we had to stay there for one nigh.
The room was on the 5th floor, and in the morning it gets so noisy so it s basically impossible to sleep.
There is a small step to get to the bathroom and you can t see it as its black like the rest of the floor so you have to be extremely careful (I can t even consider coming here with kids!).
The carpet was stained, the telephone and the walls had stains and so it was the bathtub ( please see all the photos I've posted). The shower was covered in lime scale, so none of us dared to take a shower!
Don't even get me started on the kitchen...
We had breakfast in the morning, which was more something you would expect from a 3 stars hotel...cheap orange squash, terrible coffee (with cold milk) served in cafeteria jugs.
The pool and gym looks like they haven't been refurbished since the 70s.
If you are in Bangkok, do yourself a favour and for the same price book somewhere else, nothing can be as bad as this.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank gloriajones
Kasemkij_Group, General Manager at Cape House, Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2013

The Cape House, Bangkok, apologises for failing to meet or exceed your expectations while your expressed concerns have been shared with our department heads in our continuing effort to provide enjoyable and pleasant stays for all of our guests. Please note the room in question has been thoroughly cleaned and any stains removed, whilst the gym has received a recent refurbishment. Please contact me directly at gm@capehouse.com if you would like any further information or would like clarification about the refund policy of the online travel agent used to purchase the room. Thank you again for your feedback.

Reviewed May 21, 2013

I have had booking this hotel for our accommodated in holiday. The room was great, clean, air con worked well, quiet room. Breakfast was good and staffs very friendly and helpful all of we needed.

Nothing to stay, every is good. I would like to recommend to traveler to this hotel.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Kasemkij_Group, General Manager at Cape House, Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded May 27, 2013

The Cape House, Bangkok, is pleased to learn that you have discovered our secret of excellent location, great facilities, and wonderful staff, which attracts not only long term, but short term, guests. Thank you for your positive endorsement and we look forward to your soonest return.