“We loved this place!”

Cape House, Bangkok
Ranked #69 of 884 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed January 23, 2013

My family and I went to Bangkok on vacation and decided to stay in Cape House because of the good reviews on Trip Advisor and also because of their reasonable rates (around USD 125 per night for a 1-bedroom suite). While value for money was our priority, I also knew that with my parents in tow, we couldn’t stay in a backpacker style place.

We were so happy we decided to stay in Cape House because the rooms were spacious – complete with living and dining area, a small kitchen counter with mini stove, microwave oven, fridge, cupboards and washing machine, toilet and bath, and of course a huge bedroom. The rooms were clean and had lovely furniture – looked every inch like they belonged in a 5-star hotel. Best of all, each room came with a complimentary teddy bear!

One of the things we enjoyed most about our stay was the complimentary buffet breakfast, which wasn’t the simple bread and jam spread you’d usually find in smaller hotels. It was a full course buffet with an omelette station and Asian, European and American dishes. We could hardly believe we got to stay in huge rooms with buffet breakfast for such a reasonable price.
The hotel is also conveniently located. A 10-minute walk down the street will lead you to the Chitlom station of the Skytrain, and from there you can take a ride to the Siam station which is connected to Siam Paragon and MBK.

We would definitely choose Cape House for our next visit to Bangkok.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
5  Thank Lia070
Kasemkij_Group, General Manager at Cape House, Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded February 5, 2013

The Cape House, Bangkok, is pleased to learn that your recent stay with us was an enjoyable and pleasant stay and we look forward to your soonest return. Thank you for mentioning the buffet breakfast and teddy bear.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

Enjoyed our stay here at Cape House, the room was surprisingly modern and clean, great city view and lovely bathroom. Hotel location was excellent in center of city, near to Skytrain and Cinema Complex as well. Staff could help to book for a city trip and flight tickets to the Phuket and Pattaya. We will come back Cape House after our trip to Vietnam.

Room Tip: Suite room was spacious, great city view room
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
5  Thank Jack L

We are pleased to learn that you will return to stay with us at the Cape House, Bangkok, after your trip to Vietnam. We look forward to your soonest return.

Reviewed January 22, 2013

Cape House really feels like home after a few days. The location on Thanon Langsuan cannot be beat. Period.
The pool is not large but fine to have a swim, there is a nice terrace to relax as well, and a covered hot jacuzzi which is heaven after a long day. On the same floor are a sauna and gym with clean showers and toilets and nice staff to help you with towels or to buy sundries from.
The small apartments are very clean and have a seperate shower and bath, good kitchen with washing machine and comfortable living and sleeping quarters. The beds are nice and comfortable, not hard or to soft.
Roomservice food is good and not very expensive, given the location. Breakfast was included and was nice although the fruit was not really high quality and the same every day. There is enough for every taste though, Asian, American, English etc.
The executive lounge is the real treat here. There are the normal office assistant things, free icecubes, and a nice view to enjoy some free coffe, tea, fruit and snacks. Personnel here is very sweet and will help you with a kind smile.
Around you on Thanon Langsuan are two 7/11's, trendy bars at crawling distance, very nice high-end restaurants as well as good streetfood and cheap eateries. Chitlom skytrainstation is 5 min. by foot, as is Ratchadamri station, if you take the small alley opposite Cape House.
Lumpini park also is only a short walk away. We walked a lot in the six days we stayed here and felt secure day and night. No need to say we will be back! (If we can get the same deal we had again ;-) .

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
4  Thank diederika

The Cape House, Bangkok, thanks you for your positive endorsement and your plan to return to your home with us in Bangkok again. Your descriptive review of our facilities, service, and location will be helpful to both business and leisure travelers planning a trip to Bangkok. Thank you.

Reviewed January 21, 2013

As we travel with three kids, very often we need a room with space for them. We were pleasantly surprised to find out about Cape House thru tripadvisor. Having read the reviews, we decided to book a one bedroom suite and an extra bed for our children. Imagine our surprise when we opened the door to find a really spacious room! Clean and bright too!
The bed was comfy and we all had good sleep.
Even my hb who is usually particular about rooms is impressed.
Breakfast was good with a good selection, they even have some Thai food.
Very decent rate for the quality of the room and breakfast.
Kids would rather stay in the room than go out. Hb and I are considering coming back for our own trip soon!
Another plus point is the vicinity to Central Childlom and the other shopping malls.

Room Tip: Do book / request for a non-smoking room in advance.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
5  Thank hovy9
Kasemkij_Group, General Manager at Cape House, Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded January 27, 2013

The Cape House, Bangkok, is pleased to learn of your recent enjoyable pleasant stay with us and is happy to know that you and your husband are “considering coming back for (your) own (without family) trip soon!” We look forward to your return. Thank you for your feedback.

Reviewed January 16, 2013

Hello Mr. Manager,

Where are you? I have booking for next week 21 Jan (Conf # GK 52XX) and I have written two email (dated Jan 8 and Jan 10) with a couple of questions/minor request (no smoking room on high floor and a request to help me order some flowers for a special occasion) but I've not received any acknowledgment. I'd like to know that I will be able to get a non smoking room and if the hotel could help me order some flowers.

I know it may not be fair to review BEFORE we stay but in my view the review is to give feedback so the hotel can get better service next time. Also, I have a long flight and really don't want to show up and not get a non smoking room and forced to go to another hotel because my wife likes the hotel so much. I do too, just not quite happy with the lack of communication.

Thank you for your time.

Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
7  Thank Oliu_2118
Kasemkij_Group, General Manager at Cape House, Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded February 7, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your holiday to Cape House, Bangkok. We apologise for the breakdown in communication you mention but to clarify our email records show our team responded to all emails promptly. We are pleased that all of your requests were arranged and that your stay was enjoyable. We look forward to welcome you back.

Reviewed January 16, 2013

I absolutely LOVED our stay at Cape House. It has good ratings and reviews on Tripadvisor, which is why I chose this hotel. Its close to the Skytrain also, and there's a 7-11 just across the street. A Starbucks to the right not far from the hotel.

About the hotel. well... I am a very picky person when it comes to cleanness. I also like a kind receptionist. Cape House provided us with all this! And more! It was cleaner than I ever could've hoped for! The toilet had this note saying it was cleaned and disinfected, which felt good. Everything in the kitchen was clean too and you even got your own washing machine!!!

The second day in Thailand I became sick, probably from the food the night before (at a restaurant by the river, so not the hotel's!) The receptionist helped us by writing my symptoms on a piece of paper so my boyfriend could go to 7-11 and buy me some medicine. Next day I was fine :)

Anyway, I loved our stay at Cape House, everyone was kind and the service was great. There were lots of choices for breakfast, though I only ate fresh fruit.

I highly recommend this hotel and I will stay here again next time I visit Bangkok!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
7  Thank Adrianne M
Kasemkij_Group, General Manager at Cape House, Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded February 15, 2013

The Cape House, Bangkok, is pleased to learn you had an enjoyable and pleasant stay with us and looks forward to your return. Thank you for your favorable comments.

Reviewed January 14, 2013

We stayed here earlier this month and it was a real treat at the end of our month long vacation. The quality of the apartment is very good, nicely decorated with the largest and most comfortable bed I have ever seen. The service is very good and the breakfast is more than adequate. Also the location is very handy extremely close to Chit-Lom BTS and one stop from Siam for all the shopping malls. I would stay there again in a heartbeat. I would live there if I could! : )

Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank katiets1
Kasemkij_Group, General Manager at Cape House, Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2013

Your positive endorsement, after your recent stay with us, that “I would live there if I could,” is appreciated by the Cape House, Bangkok. Thank you for your review.