Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
$12
View deal
Agoda.com$12
FindHotel
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed September 28, 2012

If you're like me and you are/were looking to stay outside of the nonsense of Khao San road and remain on a budget, then I dare you to do better than the Tavee Guest house. Let's start with the location. A 10 minute walk though an interesting fish market to the Thewes Pier stop on the water taxi. That being said, Sky train access to the area leaves loads to be desired.

The property itself is spotless with more than sufficient rooms with lacquered wood panelling and a nice mattress. The shared facilities are well designed and very tasteful. One drawback to the room I stayed in was the front wall of the room, where the door is, above is open so you can hear everyone outside. I travel with a set of ear plugs which easily negated this negative.

The staff is very friendly and the kitchen puts out a very nice porridge.

• Trip type: Traveled solo
6  Thank UncleTravellingMike
Reviewed September 15, 2012

I stayed at Tavee Guesthouse at the beginning of September 2012. I had booked a room (Fan/Shared bathroom) before I arrived via e-mail. The staff at Tavee responded promptly and were very informative even before my arrival.

The guesthouse itself was clean, comfortable, and quite beautiful. The shared toilets were the cleanest I have ever experienced. In my room they provided me with a towel, sheets, soap, and even toilet paper. The wifi in the room worked well too. Their meals were great and I had an excellent massage next door.

I loved the little, quaint lane that Tavee is located on. The nearby area was great for walking and experiencing some real Thai life. It was easy to get transport to other places too. The manager at Tavee gave good advice (if you could catch him), including the proper prices for tuktuks. Tavee is not located in the busy part of the city, so if that's what you want, don't stay there. However, for me it was a perfect location.

Date of stay: September 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
5  Thank TravelGirlKate
Reviewed August 31, 2012

The guest house is nice looking, terrace with orchids, really gorgeous shared bathrooms, bedroom was nice too with big bed but thought a fan would do, which was our mistake, really hot at night (teak wood I guess doesn't help)

The negative sides are that you hear people talking in the other bedrooms, morning is worst, you hear people laughing, talking, walking because of teak wood structure.
Also we had nearly no welcome at all from the owners on arrival, just been shown the way upstairs (the strong guy didn't propose to take my heavy suitcase which I found a bit rude as everywhere else they do).

Room tip: Maybe ground floor to avoid noise of people walking along the corridor
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Marine P
Reviewed August 18, 2012

This guesthouse is located quite near Kosan road (20 min walking) and in a quite area of Bankok. The room we took was with air conditioned and fan and was 700 bath, quite good price for Bankok, but the most expensive we had in Thailand. The room was nice and also the little garder at the entrance. It's quite a good solution then. The only thing we didn't like was that the owners are not able to speak english very well so that they cannot help you at all for transport, etc... As Bankok is really big, it would have been really helpful to have an help. We didn't see the others room, but for august I thing that a room with only fan is sufficient (a bit cheaper that with air conditioned). If you want to spend less, I saw the shared toilets and they were quite nice and clean (I don't know about the rooms), You can also have something to eat in the guesthouse.

Room tip: For august room with fan is sufficient (it's a roof fan). All private rooms are in groundfloor
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank chiaramelie
Reviewed July 29, 2012

Singles are 350-500 B. Head to the back of the place down the alley, which is quieter anyway for the 350 private rooms with shared bath. The bathrooms are great and the rooms are not bad either for the price. No a/c at tht price, but there is a fan, which works for me. I use to always stay at Shanti Lodge during my time in BKK, but have made the switch to here due to the atmosphere and staff. Ansaya (manager/owner) is such a friendly woman! E-mail them directly at: taveethai@yahoo.com or sriayvttaya@yahoo.com.

Seems to be popular with groups. I didnt try the food at the resturaunt, but if it's not good you always have Shanti 30seconds away and tons of street food 5mins away at the market. Great value!

Date of stay: July 2012