Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed August 31, 2012

The guest house is nice looking, terrace with orchids, really gorgeous shared bathrooms, bedroom was nice too with big bed but thought a fan would do, which was our mistake, really hot at night (teak wood I guess doesn't help)

The negative sides are that you hear people talking in the other bedrooms, morning is worst, you hear people laughing, talking, walking because of teak wood structure.
Also we had nearly no welcome at all from the owners on arrival, just been shown the way upstairs (the strong guy didn't propose to take my heavy suitcase which I found a bit rude as everywhere else they do).

Room tip: Maybe ground floor to avoid noise of people walking along the corridor
Date of stay: August 2012
1  Thank Marine P
Reviewed August 18, 2012

This guesthouse is located quite near Kosan road (20 min walking) and in a quite area of Bankok. The room we took was with air conditioned and fan and was 700 bath, quite good price for Bankok, but the most expensive we had in Thailand. The room was nice and also the little garder at the entrance. It's quite a good solution then. The only thing we didn't like was that the owners are not able to speak english very well so that they cannot help you at all for transport, etc... As Bankok is really big, it would have been really helpful to have an help. We didn't see the others room, but for august I thing that a room with only fan is sufficient (a bit cheaper that with air conditioned). If you want to spend less, I saw the shared toilets and they were quite nice and clean (I don't know about the rooms), You can also have something to eat in the guesthouse.

Room tip: For august room with fan is sufficient (it's a roof fan). All private rooms are in groundfloor
Date of stay: August 2012
1  Thank chiaramelie
Reviewed July 29, 2012

Singles are 350-500 B. Head to the back of the place down the alley, which is quieter anyway for the 350 private rooms with shared bath. The bathrooms are great and the rooms are not bad either for the price. No a/c at tht price, but there is a fan, which works for me. I use to always stay at Shanti Lodge during my time in BKK, but have made the switch to here due to the atmosphere and staff. Ansaya (manager/owner) is such a friendly woman! E-mail them directly at: taveethai@yahoo.com or sriayvttaya@yahoo.com.

Seems to be popular with groups. I didnt try the food at the resturaunt, but if it's not good you always have Shanti 30seconds away and tons of street food 5mins away at the market. Great value!

Date of stay: July 2012
8  Thank grantwill
Reviewed February 18, 2012

What a great Guesthouse for cheap backpackers who are willing to spend just a little more money for a lovely stay. Two single beds cost us $15 USD, versus the $5 we would have payed for a seedy, noisy guesthouse.

The rooms are basic, clean and the bathrooms were shared but well maintained. I believe that the building is made of Teak wood.

Location is central and not in the busy Koh San Road area (~30 min. walk), which makes the stay more relaxing.

I have been to Bangkok four times and always stayed at Tavee Guesthouse. What a wonderful place!

Room tip: Look at the Tavee Guesthouse Facebook page and contact the owner directly.
Date of stay: October 2011
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
8  Thank Smirshner
Reviewed September 25, 2011

I stayed here for about 8 times now, and i will be back for sure, next time in Bangkok. The room are clean, and the staff are so friendly. The owners mr. and ms, tavee are the sweetest couple. Glad that i found this guesthouse many years ago.
Louise Denmark