“Tasty Spanish Tapas”

Ranked #1,029 of 13,493 Restaurants in Bangkok
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Spanish
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Bang Rak
Description: Spanish restaurants are having a moment in Bangkok, but it’s one of the older names that arguably nails tapas at its back-alley Barcelona best. After a couple of years on Sukhumvit Soi 24, Taburete arrived on Sala Daeng in Dec, 2016, where its petite shop-house offers a Catalan-boho moodiness that stands in contrast to the cartoonish Isaan curios (and shoulder-to-shoulder Chinese tourists) of next door’s Somtum Der. The Thai chef-owner spent 10 years learning her trade in Spain, experience that shows in a tapas staple like patatas bravas (B130), whose potatoes are not so much crisp but creamy, and come topped with a spicy tomato sauce and a fair whack of homemade garlic mayo that’s leagues above the usual bottled stuff. The croquetas de jamon Iberico (B170/4 pieces), too, are these little cheesy flour bombs that we only wish were bigger. "Where to Eat/restaurant Near BTS Sala Daeng and Silom station MRT.
Reviewed December 26, 2018 via mobile

While not being (really) served in Somtumder next door, I moved to Taburete (although I went out to eat Esan food). Here I got tasty Spanish tapas like patatas bravas or chorizo al vino. ‍♂️

Date of visit: December 2018

Reviewed December 16, 2018

The best spanish tapas restaurant i have tried in Asia. I really felt as i was in Spain. They even had Estrella Galicia Draught, this was a pleasant surprise! I absolutely recommend it!

Date of visit: December 2018
Reviewed November 10, 2018

We tried this place and the tapas served were very authentic, like the ones you will have in Spain. Place is small but service is very good. The only thing is that the stools (taburetes) they have are not so comfortable if you stay seated for a while or you have back pain. But if you wanna have real tapas at fair prices, this is one of the best options right now in Bangkok.

Date of visit: November 2018
Reviewed September 13, 2018 via mobile

My husband came across this little restaurant by chance, and suggested we try it for dinner. I am so glad he did. The food was absolutely amazing. Between us we shared fresh hot wholemeal bread with a home made salsa paste (complementary), asparagus (wrapped in jamon(ham)), fish, potato stuffed with meat (which was so soft it felt like it melted in my mouth) and home made ice-cream with almond crumble and a dark chocolate pudding. Serving sizes were perfect. Service was exceptional. Staff were very attentive, and when they saw we were sharing food, every dish came with two plates. Prices were reasonable, and I was surprised at how little the night cost. Saying that, be prepared to pay 14% service charges. But it's worth is. You will not be sorry you came here. This is one of the best restaurants we have been to in Bangkok.

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed June 3, 2018

Found by strolling down the street, great tapas, very well prepared and cold beer, try the pork mini burgers so delicious

Date of visit: June 2018