“Welcome home” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Moulin

Moulin
Ranked #1,612 of 10,626 Restaurants in Bangkok
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Thong Lor & Ekamai
Heilbronn, Germany
“Welcome home”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2014

During my time in Bangkok I visited many nice places and restaurants but Moulin really become my favorite one, since they opened in the popular Thonglor area: it is cool, it is cozy, frendly service, it is stylish -you can see that the owner had a vision and created an unique place, the drinks are fresh, there is a very good scelection of quality wines and the food is just delicious- I had the best caesar's salad ever and I also advice to ask for the new york beef.

Located in a small side road in Thonglor it is a perfect spot to have a nice dinner, enjoy a few drinks and to escape for a bit from the busy citylife.

I really miss that place and can't wait to come back. If you are in Bangkok you must visit Moulin!

• Visited September 2013
2 Thank Dooooooominik

• Thai first
Lucerne, Switzerland
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“These creative dishes are worth every penny”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2014

This place is a secret dining spot in Bangkok. Away from the hectic city life. The food are just amazing and delicious. The staff are friendly and polite and makes you feel comfortable. I will definitely go back again to enjoy the cozy ambiance with my friends.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank Santi I
cserimont, Owner at Moulin, responded to this review, January 11, 2014
Thank you very much for a such wonderful review. We want to be the best in Bangkok when it comes to dishes selections and presentations and of course the taste, along with great attentive service. Looking toward seeing you again in the near future.
Lisbon, Portugal
“Food Fashion Comes to Bangkok”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2014

Moulin is a must go to restaurant when in Bangkok. First tried this restaurant when it was located in the Siam Center. Was impressed and anxious to return and explore the menu further. Come to find it has since moved location to the trendy Thonglor area. Which is less chaotic and tourist driven. Was a quick taxi ride from my hotel. Found the new space to be more upscale and intimate. The owner has a global perspective and was a fashion designer in New York. Which makes sense once you see the interior. It's a well thought out decor with an eclectic mix of elements that all come together. Cuisine here was much more superior and affordable than what I experienced at the restaurant Park Society at my hotel the So Sofitel. Service was professional and unintrusive. I had the Caesar's Salad, Mantis Shrimp Spaghetti, and Grilled Tenderloin Lamb. Figured you only live once and wanted to try what appealed to me. All was excellent and of high quality. They kindly offered and complimented me a flan dessert. Which was as good as any I've had in Mexico city. My only complaint is that they won't be opening anytime soon in Los Angeles! More reason to return to Bangkok. Which is one of my most traveled cities in Southeast Asia.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank A M
cserimont, Owner at Moulin, responded to this review, January 8, 2014
Thank you Mr. Mendonca for coming to Moulin. It was always a pleasure to have a wonderful returning customers as yourself visiting us over and over again when you are in Bangkok. Moulin strives to be better and be the best we can, so we will see you again soon. Next time when you visit Bangkok and Moulin again, you will definitely something new again. Thank you and have a safe flight back home.
“Try the French Onion Soup”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2014

Moulin's French Onion Soup is amazing. The owner is well traveled and modeled the soup after the soup he used to eat while he was in Paris. I also like the salad I ordered, which had slices of steak, but I don't recall the name on the menu. My friend and I shared a few entrees, one of which was very memorable. It was a pasta dish with cream sauce and little spicy green fish eggs. Again, I don't recall the name, but it was delicious! People seem to like the restaurant's decor, but I came for the food and good company, and I left more than satisfied.

Visited November 2013
Bangkok, Thailand
“Tucked away gem in increasingly popular Thonglor”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2014

Tucked away from the main streets of the increasingly popular Thonglor, Moulin is a gem indeed, known to only locals in the know... Elegant interiors - efficient service, and fun ambiance... Try to meet the owner who is very warm and friendly... The dishes are special because there is always something different and creative in the recipe - simple but surprisingly delicious! Tell only your best friends. I highly recommend it!

• Visited October 2013