“Food Fashion Comes to Bangkok”
Review of Moulin

Moulin
Ranked #2,074 of 11,055 Restaurants in Bangkok
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Private Dining, Reservations
Neighborhood: Thong Lor & Ekamai
Lisbon, Portugal
“Food Fashion Comes to Bangkok”
Reviewed January 7, 2014

Moulin is a must go to restaurant when in Bangkok. First tried this restaurant when it was located in the Siam Center. Was impressed and anxious to return and explore the menu further. Come to find it has since moved location to the trendy Thonglor area. Which is less chaotic and tourist driven. Was a quick taxi ride from my hotel. Found the new space to be more upscale and intimate. The owner has a global perspective and was a fashion designer in New York. Which makes sense once you see the interior. It's a well thought out decor with an eclectic mix of elements that all come together. Cuisine here was much more superior and affordable than what I experienced at the restaurant Park Society at my hotel the So Sofitel. Service was professional and unintrusive. I had the Caesar's Salad, Mantis Shrimp Spaghetti, and Grilled Tenderloin Lamb. Figured you only live once and wanted to try what appealed to me. All was excellent and of high quality. They kindly offered and complimented me a flan dessert. Which was as good as any I've had in Mexico city. My only complaint is that they won't be opening anytime soon in Los Angeles! More reason to return to Bangkok. Which is one of my most traveled cities in Southeast Asia.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank A M
cserimont, Owner at Moulin, responded to this review, January 8, 2014
Thank you Mr. Mendonca for coming to Moulin. It was always a pleasure to have a wonderful returning customers as yourself visiting us over and over again when you are in Bangkok. Moulin strives to be better and be the best we can, so we will see you again soon. Next time when you visit Bangkok and Moulin again, you will definitely something new again. Thank you and have a safe flight back home.

• Thai first
“Try the French Onion Soup”
Reviewed January 5, 2014

Moulin's French Onion Soup is amazing. The owner is well traveled and modeled the soup after the soup he used to eat while he was in Paris. I also like the salad I ordered, which had slices of steak, but I don't recall the name on the menu. My friend and I shared a few entrees, one of which was very memorable. It was a pasta dish with cream sauce and little spicy green fish eggs. Again, I don't recall the name, but it was delicious! People seem to like the restaurant's decor, but I came for the food and good company, and I left more than satisfied.

Visited November 2013
Bangkok, Thailand
“Tucked away gem in increasingly popular Thonglor”
Reviewed January 4, 2014

Tucked away from the main streets of the increasingly popular Thonglor, Moulin is a gem indeed, known to only locals in the know... Elegant interiors - efficient service, and fun ambiance... Try to meet the owner who is very warm and friendly... The dishes are special because there is always something different and creative in the recipe - simple but surprisingly delicious! Tell only your best friends. I highly recommend it!

• Visited October 2013
Krems, Niederosterreich, Austria
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“An uniquely delightful experience”
Reviewed December 29, 2013

Moulin Restaurant is a rising star amongst the Top Restaurants in Bangkok. Starting from its extravagant design and interior to delicious dishes presented in the most artfully creative way your visit to Moulin will be a trip to be remembered. You might also get the chance to meet the owner of the restaurant who is known amongst fashion aficionados in New York City.

Cant wait to come back to Moulin next time in Bangkok :)

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Georg E
Honolulu
“A Delightful Evening of Food, Wine, Music and the Staff”
Reviewed November 5, 2013

The food was delicious, we started the evening with Crab Cakes, Ceasar Salad and Hamachi and all three appetizers were the BEST I've ever had in each category. Main dishes, Blacked Seabass, Kabobs of Lamb and Beef that were melt in your mouth and Cod with a curry sauce to die for... The fine was a wonderful Syrah from South Africa and the deserts were out of this world. The staff was great and the owner, Khun Chompol is too much fun. The atmosphere is like being in Paris, N.Y. intimate, well appointed and the music was fantastic...30's French Jazz, ala Django ....I can't wait to get back....

• Visited November 2013