Samran Place Hotel
$117
$465
$77
Priceline
All reviewsratchathewi bts stationhot waterhalal foodhotel includingsimple hotelreception ladysiam sqbreakfast includedplatinum mallbooked this hotelmassage shopspleasant hotelhotel staff isan extra bedthai massagea nice place to stayhotel located
Reviewed March 30, 2014

I got booked this hotel through Thailand Tourism Center at Bangkok. I stayed with my friends and we are 3. Hotel had arranged an additional bed. Service was good and reception was helpful in planning our trip in Bangkok. Communicating in English was bit tough, but the reception guys have managed to help us. Morning breakfast was provided with the stay and it was good even it was not heavy. We had fried rice and noodles; it was close to Indian style. We went to Palace and Sleeping Buddha temple, it would be around 20-30 mins travel from the hotel. Eat street guys can find lots of shops around. Also 7-Eleven shops were there near hotel. It was a good stay and I would recommend.

Room Tip: Select top floors, so that you can have a view of Bangkok.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Prakash_Jay
Reviewed October 18, 2013 via mobile

We were very dissapointed with the hotel, especially the staff. The room is quite old. The breakfast was awful, same food every day. We kept getting the wrong food from the staff, different from what we ordered. When we asked for an additional glass of orange juice, we waited for half an hour but nothing happened and finally we gave up. No kettle in the room. Cloth ironing is not allowed in the room. Aircond is the old model and temperature cannot be adjusted. The a/c was too cold, my baby girl had a flu/running nose because of this. In summary, stay away from this terrible hotel. I wont stay again at this place. Bangkok City Hotel which is is next to this hotel is much more better.

Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank Ir_EdieFendie
Reviewed October 9, 2013

Overall it was excellent experience, very nice, clean, excellent location.
I requested a baby coat when I booked this hotel but on the day of booking hotel management said we don't have anything for babies. Breakfast was good as well.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 9, 2013

I do not leave reviews and I have stayed in A LOT of hotels travelling over the past 4 weeks in SE Asia. However, I feel this hotel warrants a review.. I was very disappointed with this hotel, mainly the lack of customer service and unhelpfulness of the staff. Ideally its a great location and good value for where it is- 10 mins walk from Siam Square and Siam Discovery/Paragon. The rooms are basic with old television and only 2 English channels but the sta were so unhelpful. Everytime I enquired at the front desk on how to get somewhere- by boat/klongs/metro or skytrain- I was just told "take a taxi'. This was the answer for everything!!! In the end I gave up asking and went to the nearest tour agency who were more than happy to tell me how to get somewhere for FREE. Even asking about where to change money- just told- go find a currency exchange. When my travel adapter broke right before a tour day- I asked the older lady on reception if she would charge it behind the desk for 5 mins whilst I ate my dinner and she refused!! Very disappointed- the food is not worth the money and the breakfast is awful- hard boiled eggs came out raw- don't have them..The computer's are expensive and don't work.. I am back in Bangkok in a couple of weeks and will be staying next door at the Asia Hotel. Really disappointing- no attention to detail and no customer service....

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed August 4, 2013

Stayed in room 803 for 4 nights. Room of average size and able to accommodate an extra bed with enough room to walk. Room faces a road with some construction activities which is quite far away. Room is quiet and clean. Breakfast is ok but may not be enough for people with greater appetite.

Hotel is 15 minutes 'walk to Platinum Mall and 20 minutes to Big C, about 10 minutes to the nearest LRT station.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family