Lowest prices for your stay
$23
Free cancellation until 12/18/21
Booking.com$24
Hotels.com$23
Travelocity$23
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed June 13, 2012

Nice and comfortable room. Good location and easy to travel by sky train.

Date of stay: June 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
4  Thank OwnOwl
Reviewed April 29, 2012

My girlfriend and I had a night in Bangkok together, and we where driven to the Victorian. When we reached the loby the receptionist nearly attacked us with: How long u wish to stay !? before we had even been shown the room. The people at the reception just rubbed me the wrong way, and they seemed to be in no interrest to show professionalism and service that you a expect from a hotel. The bell boy led us to the elevator and up to the 8 floor. The first thing that hit us was the most horrible carpeting i have ever seen, and when you stepped on to it it felt soft, old and moldie.. The whole design just reeked of bad taste, and has not been changed since the beginning of the hotel.
We got to the room, and when we looked inside, it was not to bad. my girlfriend and I was very tired and we had stayed at alot worse looking rooms. The Bed was nice and soft, the Bathroom was also ok, except form the old toothpaste somebody had spit in the sink and was not cleaned of from the last visitor.. Also a thing that points to the laziness of the whole staff.
We okayed the room and closed the door so we could relax for a while. after a cup of coffe we went out to the nearby markets. When we came back home we asked for the wifi code that was included in the price. when we got to our room and we wanted to use the internet we where told that they had problems and they where working on it. I needed that internet so i could book a plane ticket for the next day. Nothing happened, and the one and only computer in the lobby was out of order. I asked for some more coffe but they would only give you 2 instants a day.. What a JOKE !
The next morning we went down to the breakfast buffet. Nothing was prepared. I had to ask them to refill the yoghurt, the jam, and to ask them for more bread. The woman that was making the eggs and ham, looked horrible, she was old, she wore her sleeping robe, and she looked like she had just gone out of her bed 10 minutes earlier. The whole interior was just so sad and it really infected the whole place with a sad feeling. I looked at my GF that is thai and always with a warm smile on her face, but i could tell that she was affected by the place and she looked so sad and was so quiet.. I made her smie again when i commentet that the place was the sadest place on earth, and i told her to hurry up and eat so we could save ourselves from the living dead.
the wifi never got fixed, and they never did apologize for that.
If you only wish to stay in your room the Victorian will do just fine.
Other than that, keep a long distance from the place.
And finally, how can the people working at this place take themselves so seriously !? The whole goddamn place is a shame to the hotel industry and it should really get a new leadership. The whole place reminded me of Gordon ramsay´s kitchen nightmare. I will never set my foot there again so help me god.

Date of stay: April 2012
5  Thank Harry T
Reviewed April 1, 2012

Pros: Rooftop pool, fairly large rooms, decent sized bathrooms, clean sheets. AWESOME in room wifi - works without any problems. Close to skytrain - one station away from express train to airport. There's lots of activity around Victory Monument - malls, cinema, night market, food stalls.

Cons: No service on rooftop pool (no staff up there but you can call down for drinks), some rooms are shabbier than others, breakfast has lots of options but none of them are very tasty (cream of corn soup in the morning?)

I second booking online - booking.com and agoda were both cheaper than what the front desk quoted (not much, maybe $5).

Room tip: We had a room on the 8th floor and on the 10th. The 8th floor room was much better. The 10th floor room had a dirtier/older/smaller bathroom.
Date of stay: March 2012
7  Thank vancity8
Reviewed March 30, 2012

We stayed in the hotel for two nights, location is quite ok especially coming from the airport with the train and using the sky train. The hotel feels like nothing has been done in the last 20 years, place needs some fixing up and cleaning.

The room was cheap and ok size and really enjoyed the rooftop pool, even though the surroundings are quite worn out. And the staff was really nice! The room had a safe but it didn't work, hot water from the shower for maybe 30 seconds, the a/c was either on or off (got sick as it got so cold during the night), the balcony was unusable because of the a/c machine etc.

The hotel is ok if you get a room very cheap, otherwise I would look for other options.

Date of stay: February 2012
Reviewed March 17, 2012

We stayed there before and after our travels. It is cheaper to book online than at the desk so to that, even if it's just 10 minutes before you want to check in (or like us if you want to stay for one more night. The service was nice but we had a dissapointing experience with a travel agency they set us up with (ended up walking out). The breakfast we got with the room was okay, nothing spectacular. The old lady making the eggs was funny though, always giggling. The rooms were clean and where cleaned every day.

Room tip: Just make sure to order online, not at the desk. Even if you just want to stay for one more night or something like that.
Date of stay: January 2012